“Always reliable”

Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Denver, Colorado
“Always reliable”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stay here frequently when we drive up to visit the kids in Denton. We can always count on a clean comfortable room. The staff is extremely courteous and helpful. Food is average and overpriced, but plenty of good alternatives within walking distance. Will probably stay again on our next trip to Denton.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Courtyard Denton, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Courtyard, we greatly value your feedback. We look forward to serving you on your next trip to Denton.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Houston, TX
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed a suite on the second floor with our 6 month old daughter from June 22 through 24. We were in Denton for my cousin's wedding. The wedding was fun.

Location: We enjoyed all the shopping and restaurants, which were so close to the hotel. Wonderful.

Service: We requested a crib that was never delivered. Requested crib on phone making reservation and at the hotel upon arrival. When we tried to use the indoor pool (which is why we chose this hotel), it was so hot in the room with the pool, we had to leave. I informed the front desk and was told, "Yeah, that happens when people use the whirlpool. And it is pretty hot outside. It will cool off when it gets dark outside." However, the maid service was wonderful. Very respectful and did a great job.

Room: The room was great, until I discovered the water damage in the bathroom and the mold. The lamp closest to the door in the bedroom was broken. See attached pictures.

Hotel Bistro: Expensive, expensive, expensive. My brother bought 4 alcoholic beverages (mixed drinks). Price: $46.00 without tip!! That is over $10 a drink. As I do not drink, it did not affect me. But if you do stay here, go to the Texas Roadhouse. Half the cost and it is only 50 yards away from the hotel.

Overall: I have stayed with Marriott for over 10 years for business and pleasure. I have stayed from Maryland to California in Marriott hotels. This experience has changed my opinion of this chain. I guess not all Marriott's are created equally. I cannot give a poor rating, since Marriott has treated me and my family so good over the years.

To management: I never asked to speak with you while at your facility. Not my place to babysit your employees nor to tell you of problems within your hotel. That is your job. Walk your hotel. Speak to guests.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 201. Pictures are worth a thousand words.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our Courtyard, we greatly value the feedback you provided. I greatly apologize that the staff neglected to provide you with a crib during your stay, that is not the service we provide. Our A/C in the pool room was indeed out of service due to a part that had to be ordered and has since been replaced. Our staff should have provided you with a better explanation of the situation and we will address this with our staff.

I have reviewed the suite you were in and appreciate the pictures you provided. The markings on the wall leading in to the bathroom is not mold, rather pen marks which have been cleaned. The ceiling and wall covering does have some water damage from someone spraying the handheld shower head at the ceiling and walls. The room has been placed out of order for repair.

I would have welcomed the opportunity to provide you with an alternative room had I been given the opportunity. Again thank you for taking the time to review our property.
Waynesville, Missouri
Reviewed May 24, 2013

After a nine hour drive I was very happy to be staying here. The room was very large and spacious and impeccably clean. My rate included a complimentary breakfast which was spot on. Not just some rinky dink check the block meal. A custom meal to order. The bistro staff was exceptional. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Courtyard. We are so glad your room and breakfast met your needs. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton.
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

The room I stayed in was very nice. I had forgot a few items and had no trouble receiving complementary sundries from the check in staff. They only offered one complementary breakfast witht the room, but they had a good breakfast bar and the prices were reasonable for the paying customer.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Courtyard. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton.
Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Enjoyable stay at Courtyard Marriott in Denton, TX. Only thing I was dissatisfied with was the pricing on the food items at the Bistro for breakfast and dinner. The food pantry prices were also too high, in my opinion. There are restaurants nearby to go to. Otherwise, everything else was very good. The staff was attentive and polite. Room was clean and neat. Great price for very comfortable accomodations!! I especially enjoy the in room coffee for the morning!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Pat R
Thank you for taking the time to review our Courtyard. Our food is prepared fresh and made to order. While the prices may appear high, you are able to order exactly what you want versus paying for a full buffet with mediocre food. Our Bistro allows you the flexibility to purchase items a la carte being more cost effective than the old buffet. We are so glad you enjoyed your accommodations. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great location, stayed one night for business. Has the standard Bistro, but did not eat there in favor of getting food elsewhere. Several restaurants within walking distance. Rooms were updated, had a great stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our Courtyard. We greatly value your wonderful review. We look forward to serving you on your next Business trip to Denton.
Port Aransas, Texas
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Staff needs to stay by desk. Had to wait a few minutes each time we needed something. Highly recommend a top floor as we had children in the room above us, and we did not sleep well. Rooms were very clean, and comfortable. Texas Roadhouse is a short walk away. No breakfast, which I usually get at other Marriott properties.

Room Tip: Get a room on top floor!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Diane A
General M, General Manager at Courtyard Denton, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that the adjacent restaurants met your needs. Please accept our apologies for the staff not being present at the front desk at all times. Our front desk staff is also responsible for keeping our lobby neat and tidy and assisting our Bistro and at times they may be away from the desk but should always be visible in the lobby. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton.