“Courtyard Denton”

Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Courtyard Denton”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great location, stayed one night for business. Has the standard Bistro, but did not eat there in favor of getting food elsewhere. Several restaurants within walking distance. Rooms were updated, had a great stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Courtyard Denton, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Courtyard. We greatly value your wonderful review. We look forward to serving you on your next Business trip to Denton.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Denton, Texas
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Staff needs to stay by desk. Had to wait a few minutes each time we needed something. Highly recommend a top floor as we had children in the room above us, and we did not sleep well. Rooms were very clean, and comfortable. Texas Roadhouse is a short walk away. No breakfast, which I usually get at other Marriott properties.

Room Tip: Get a room on top floor!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tahoequeen21
General M, General Manager at Courtyard Denton, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that the adjacent restaurants met your needs. Please accept our apologies for the staff not being present at the front desk at all times. Our front desk staff is also responsible for keeping our lobby neat and tidy and assisting our Bistro and at times they may be away from the desk but should always be visible in the lobby. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton.
Fort Knox, Kentucky
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stay at Marriott Courtyard brand quite frequently. Our arrival went okay although I did notice the unkempt, unprofessional desk staff. Our room did not have the additional linens requested in my profile and required for the number of people in our room. I located housekeeping staff in the hallway and they assisted. I went to get ice, machine broken on 4th floor. Called the desk to report. Went to the third floor to get ice, machine broken. Really? Went to the desk and reported that machine broken. Was directed down the first floor hall for ice. My real problem started when I went to get some coffee in the lobby ( this is usually there 24/7 and complimentary). No coffee and a sign stating that "as of January 29th they would no longer provide coffee in the lobby. Please go to the cafe and purchase coffee." However, the cafe was not open. Early the next day, headed out to my conference at 6:30, cafe not open. No personnel on the desk area or anywhere to be seen. I waited a while and gave up. Came back later to ask about the hours of the cafe. The young man on the desk was in a long conversation with a young lady. After a while I tried to politely interrupt and ask about the cafe hours. Indignantly he told me that he was helping someone else. He seemed to be trying to get a date with this woman.I asked if there were any other staff to speak with and could I have his name. He refused to give me his name. He hailed another young man walking by who seemed clearly frustrated to be asked to speak with me. He gave me the hours of the cafe. and told me to use the coffee make in my room. That little machine and powdered creamer was a joke. Once again, REALLY? What good is it to have Starbucks coffee in you hotel if no one can ever get any. I asked for his name and he reluctantly gave it to me while shaking his head. He then just walked away. I can only assume that the management of the particular Courtyard has issues. I have never experienced this type of rude, inappropriate behavior before at a Courtyard or Marriot brands. I will not be staying here again. I could suggest the Hilton just a block away. One of my friends stayed there and the staff treated her like royalty.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Azariah56
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property on Tripadvisor. We pride ourselves on providing superior customer service and apologize if you feel you did not receive that during your stay with us. As of January 2013 Marriott has removed complimentary coffee from the lobbys in Courtyards that feature the Bistro. We brew Starbucks in our Bistro and the Front Desk is trained to prepare Starbucks beverages during the hours our Bistro is closed. In addition, the front desk has additional in-room coffee available and liquid creamer is available upon request. The front desk agent in question was speaking to another member of your conference and inquiring about shuttle transportation to and from the venue. He was in no way trying to "date" this individual, rather offering her the service we provide by explaining how to get to and from the venue. Again, please accept our apologies for any service failures you feel you experienced and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This hotel has lovely rooms and is in quiet location about 5 miles from University of North Texas. The only problem with the hotel is that everything is extra. There is coffee in the room, but it is not as good as at the coffee bar in the lobby (pay for coffee). No breakfast is served, but there is coffee in the morning. Again, not the coffee available at the coffee bar for a cost, but sufficient. Walk to Texas Roadhouse, Olive Garden and Red Lobster. Starbucks is 1/2 mile away. Large mall is also located 1/2 mile away. Great bed, clean bathroom, slow, free, internet. Great firepit out back to sit and meet others.

Room Tip: Book ground floor rooms early, they are hard to get. We stayed on the fourth floor and it was lovel...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Courtyard Denton, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us at the Courtyard in Denton. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our location met your needs. Our hotel does not offer a complimentary breakfast, as we have a Bistro available in the morning for breakfast and the evening for dinner. While it is a separate charge, you are able to get what you want, prepared fresh when you order. All Courtyards are in the process of transitioning to the Bistro concept. We do also offer the convenience of Starbucks at our Bistro without having to leave the hotel. We are in the process of upgrading our Internet service and should have that completed by March. It will continue to be free and speeds will be greatly increased. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton.
Hempstead, Texas
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The only reason I didn't give an "excellent" was due to not providing breakfast. I usually stay in Residence Inn, Marriott, or Renaissance. I needed a room for one night and the only Marriott property was the Courtyard.

I didn't realize they didn't provide breakfast. But they do have a Bistro that you can pay to eat dinner or breakfast. Not sure why you would choose the Bistro when you are surrounded by good restaurants.

The room had a fridge and microwave. Big bathroom and very nice shower! Bed was nice and comfy and pillows were good. Room was big with couch, desk, TV, and good free internet. By "good" internet, I mean that the speed was okay.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us at the Courtyard in Denton. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that the room met your needs. We are fortunate to have oversized rooms that allow our guests to spread out. Courtyards do not offer complimentary breakfast. We offer the Bistro which has many options to choose from, all prepared fresh when you order. We are in the process of upgrading our internet speeds and should be complete by March. The internet speeds will be greatly increased. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Excellent! Everything was great. The staff, cleanliness, shower, bed. Hits all the important marks for me! Stayed here on business at UNT. Great location. The hotel is close to major shopping and dining - OTB in the same lot. I will definitely stay again when the need arises.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us at the Courtyard in Denton. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and that our amenities met your needs. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton and UNT.
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel with the wedding party, family & friends. Had great places to visit, inside & out and the staff (most of them) were very accommodating. Workout room was small, but had everything needed for a good workout, and it was very clean. Only problem we had was that at checkout, we had to have our rates adjusted and movies taken off the bill. We weren't ever in the room to watch TV, other than the news in the morning, so we were lost as to how movies at night were ordered! But they were very nice about it & made the adjustments immediately.

Room Tip: First floor rooms were a little noisy with hallway traffic. If we stayed again, I'd ask to be o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us at the Courtyard in Denton. We are so glad you and other members in the wedding party enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept our apologies for the billing errors you experienced. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton.