“Very good, big room, nice comfy bed, and clean.”
Review of Courtyard Denton

Courtyard Denton
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Denton
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The only reason I didn't give an "excellent" was due to not providing breakfast. I usually stay in Residence Inn, Marriott, or Renaissance. I needed a room for one night and the only Marriott property was the Courtyard.

I didn't realize they didn't provide breakfast. But they do have a Bistro that you can pay to eat dinner or breakfast. Not sure why you would choose the Bistro when you are surrounded by good restaurants.

The room had a fridge and microwave. Big bathroom and very nice shower! Bed was nice and comfy and pillows were good. Room was big with couch, desk, TV, and good free internet. By "good" internet, I mean that the speed was okay.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Courtyard Denton, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us at the Courtyard in Denton. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that the room met your needs. We are fortunate to have oversized rooms that allow our guests to spread out. Courtyards do not offer complimentary breakfast. We offer the Bistro which has many options to choose from, all prepared fresh when you order. We are in the process of upgrading our internet speeds and should be complete by March. The internet speeds will be greatly increased. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Excellent! Everything was great. The staff, cleanliness, shower, bed. Hits all the important marks for me! Stayed here on business at UNT. Great location. The hotel is close to major shopping and dining - OTB in the same lot. I will definitely stay again when the need arises.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us at the Courtyard in Denton. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and that our amenities met your needs. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton and UNT.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel with the wedding party, family & friends. Had great places to visit, inside & out and the staff (most of them) were very accommodating. Workout room was small, but had everything needed for a good workout, and it was very clean. Only problem we had was that at checkout, we had to have our rates adjusted and movies taken off the bill. We weren't ever in the room to watch TV, other than the news in the morning, so we were lost as to how movies at night were ordered! But they were very nice about it & made the adjustments immediately.

Room Tip: First floor rooms were a little noisy with hallway traffic. If we stayed again, I'd ask to be o...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us at the Courtyard in Denton. We are so glad you and other members in the wedding party enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept our apologies for the billing errors you experienced. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton.

Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I love Courtyard, the rooms are spacious, clean and have.nice decor. During a recent stay I wa disappointed in the noise and lack of fridge in the room. I stayed in room 100 which I realized to late was near an exit door. All through the night the door was opened and slammed, opened and slammed, opened and slammed. They should really change the push bar out for a knob to help with the noise. Also, after a trip to the store, I opened the cabinet only to find no fridge. When I called the desk she proceeded to tell me my room was the only room in the hotel that did not have a fridge. She did say I could use the fridge at the desk and anytime I wanted to I could walk down in my pjs to get my items. I declined.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Kirby03
General M, General Manager at Courtyard Denton, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We greatly apologize that your room did not have a refrigerator during your stay. We have since received a replacement refrigerator for that guestroom. We will review the slamming of the side door and make adjustments if it is shutting too hard. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is a nice, comfortable hotel. The rooms and furnishings are all very clean, and the beds / pillows are comfortable. The sleeping area and bathroom appeared larger than at other hotels. The only thing I did not like about the layout of the room was that the ONLY mirror in the room was in the bathroom. There was not even a small mirror in the sleeping area. This made it challenging for a group of three to try to quickly get ready in the morning. We did not use the pool or try the restaurant, so I can't comment on that. I would likely stay here again if stopping in Denton, Texas.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are working diligently to come up with a mirror solution inside the room area. We apologize for any frustration this caused your party. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Room was clean, comfortable and well-appointed. Staff was friendly. Lots of restaurants within walking distance and more a short drive away. We were there visiting family and attending Denton's Day of the Dead, which was an enjoyable, family-friendly event.

Room Tip: We've stayed here a couple of times and never had a bad experience.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are so glad you enjoyed our property. The staff always enjoys being commended for a job well done. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Courtyard in Denton the 2nd weekend in October. We arrived early and were able to check in to very clean and comfortable room. The staff at the front desk and in the Bistro were very helpful and friendly. This is a very convenient location for many things in Denton. As noted in previous reviews in easy walking distance to several major chain restaurants. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family