“One of the best hotels I've stayed in”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Courtyard Denton

Courtyard Denton
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Kaufman, Texas
“One of the best hotels I've stayed in”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed for two nights with friends. Asked for and got adjoining rooms. Nice layout to rooms, really the best I've seen in this type of hotel. Clean, comfortable environment. The bed and pillows were wonderful. Adequate bathroom, comfortable couch and chairs. Close to nice restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I visited Denton, TX under unfavorable circumstances. I was only interested in completing the task and returning home. This is not the first Marriott Courtyard I have visited, not all of them have been pleasant experiences. I have to admit that the staff at this hotel were very accomdating and facilitated a comfortable environment; good attitudes, clean hotel, no problems. This is precisely what you would expect from a Marriott. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Daniel W
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

I travel with business so I'm always in different hotels. I stayed here with my family for a week while our house was being worked on. This hotel hit all the high points. Very large rooms. Spotless rooms and common areas. Very helpful staff. Great food at the bistro. Walking distance to Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Texas Roadhouse, and On The Border.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kevin R
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed one night at this property. I requested a corner, two-room suite on the top floor. Both rooms were very large and well-equipped relative to similar properties. There are separate air conditioning units for the living/kitchen/office area and the bedroom; however, the rooms were warm upon arrival and took some time to cool to a comfortable temperature. I requested a feather-free room. The bed was very firm but not overly uncomfortable. The air conditioning unit in the bedroom had a rattle/vibration noise that made it difficult to sleep through the night. Despite the generous size of the rooms, I much prefer the two-room suites at the Best Western Premier, right next door to the Courtyard. The added bonus is that the BW is significnatly cheaper.

Room Tip: Corner two-room suites are very spacious, but avoid Room 401 until air conditioner in bedroom is rep...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Excellent and professional customer service
We learned that 35E was to be closed [bridge work] during our stay therefore, we would need to find an alternative route to our destination the next day. The staff printed out an article that included the "where and when" particulars of the construction. We were most appreciative to be given an alternative route that was correct and easy to follow.

Our room was clean, quiet, and bed comfortable. The hotel is near a shops, restaurants, etc.

After arriving home I realized I had left 2 dresses in the closet of my hotel room. One of the dresses I had just purchased the day before. We called the hotel to inquire if my dress was found. We received a call back that yes, housekeeping had found the dresses and would mail it the next day. We received the dresses 2 days later. This hotel is one of my favorite when in the dallas/fort worth area. Excellent customer service, clean rooms, comfortable beds and good location!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

The hotel property is very nice and comfortable stay which is located and surrounded by convient restaurants within walking distance. After a 10hr drive we were able to walk into a comfortable 2 Queen Bdrm with sofa that will accommodate a family of five. Within minutes for the University Of North Texas orientation and we all slept well. The room have upgraded flatscreen TV, comfortable beds, free Wi-Fi, and high vaulted ceilings that makes the rooms feel large.
If there was anything negative I would say is that it has limited parking outfront however there is plenty in the back. Overall-awesome stay and I would come back if in the area.

Room Tip: Upon arrival, I arrived at the end of a long 10hr drive and was greeted at the front desk with a war...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Krum, Texas, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

This hotel is very comfortable,clean and has a mini fridge in room. I think this would be best for business travelers, or individuals who just want the basics. The area is very close to tons of stores, shopping centers. Not really somewhere to walk around with no car.

• Stayed September 2011