“Good and bad points”

Ranked #25 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Denton, Texas
“Good and bad points”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

First the good news: it's cheap, it's well located to UNT, and... did I mention it was cheap?

OK, now for the bad news:
1) Non-smoking rooms reek of cigarette smoke; it's not a non-smoking room unless it's enforced.
2) Breakfast? Are you kidding? Do *not* eat a waffle!!! I had the poor judgement to do so and regretted it for days. Essentially, breakfast is a nonedible collection of substances served on a dirty counter. Take the money you "saved" and go buy yourself breakfast someplace... or, better yet, IMHO, spend a little more and stay elsewhere.

Even at the reduced cost, I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Just take a smoking room; at least you'll be expecting to breathe cigarette stink all night.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Denton, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My daughter and I made the disastrous mistake of renting a room from this "roach motel". When I saw one roach, I was like ok not a problem, but seriously no lying, in a 5 hour span I killed no less than 30 roaches. Roaches of all kinds- big, little, pregnant- you name it. When I checked out the front desk clerk tried acting all nonchalant like "I didn't know there were any pest, we're very strict about out pest control procedures in this facility." I find that very hard to believe with the number of roaches I killed that night. And also the room was raggedy, old-fashioned, and out of date with a big gapping hole in the bathroom ceiling. Of course the front desk clerk swears he knew nothing about that either. For you and your families safety DO NOT RENT FROM THESE PEOPLE.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sharron M
Dallas Texas
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Motel was convenient to the highways for access to the race track.
Parking
It was somewhat limited and a little cramped.
Room
The bed was very comfortable.
Wifi was great.
Power for electronics was very limited. Only 1 free outlet for plugging into.
Comfort other than sleeping..
There was only 1 couch that sat very low and not very comfortable.
There were three coffee tables one of which was almost falling down due to the legs being very loose.
No chairs or a desk in the room.
In this day and age of technology, I was very surprised to see no desk for using the Wifi in addition to the lack of plugs as stated above.
The breakfast was very limited as far as items available. Coffee was very bad.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Algonquin, Illinois, United States
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Horrible customer service. The manager cannot even handle a complaint and keeps saying he will call you back and doesn't. Shower didn't even turn on. Toilet ran all night. AC ran all night very loud. I know its cheap but its not even worth the $50. I didn't expect anything fancy and the rooms were horrible. But the customer service was the worse of all!

Room Tip: don't stay here. moved rooms twice and still had problems. there are no good rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sophiemonster
Berkeley, CA
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Knights Inn Denton is right off the west access road near UNT Denton. Shopping is close by, as are restaurants. The rooms are well-taken care of and the service is prompt. Breakfast is part of the deal, starting at 6am - this alone makes it worth the price. A sign in the rooms says that if you forgot any amenities, the hotel will provide them - a service found in more expensive hotels.

Room Tip: Face away from the freeway!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank swineshead
Denton, Texas
Reviewed November 14, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE. I stayed here with my wife and 9 month old baby. All of the employees and guests were creepy and made sexual moves towards my wife everytime she left the room, we shrugged it off, I mean you get what you pay for right? Wrong. While my wife was in the room she would get calls on the hotel room phone asking "If you want to [--], come to room 225," well when it happened the first day she said they must have had the wrong number and we assumed it would stop. We continued to get more calls at the beginning of our second week, saying the same thing everytime, all three calls in one day. I called the office and explained what happened, they just said there was nothing they could do. I asked if they could pull the call logs they said no, and on top of that they said there was no room 225. I did a little investigating and found out that the room "225" or at least where it should have been, was a "storage room" and had the numbers scratched off. I saw that there were people inside most of these "storage rooms" that appeared to be some sort of employee housing. When I asked him about it he continued to get irate and say that it was storage. I told him my wife didn't feel comfortable and he needed to either make the calls stop find out who it is and reassure us of some sort of safety or work out a refund. His resolution was to tell us it was in the best interest of us both for us to check out. I prepaid $250 for a week stayed 3 days and got $75 back? I told him that was unfair and he change us to a "daily rate" that was much higher. So as he requested we checked out the next day and upon leaving, one of the cleaning men gave me a middle finger. When I addressed this with the manager and he said that it was "impossible" because that employee didn't know what that meant. Obviously this manager is a liar and covers up for his employees unjust actions. I would never recommend this place to ANYONE. These people are liars and crooks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank rjg1191
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice and cozy place although the reviews seem to be a bit outdated. It seems to be under new ownership/managment?
Nicely, newly painted exterior is welcoming and clean. Grounds are clean and well mantained. Rooms are comfy with King Sized beds and lots of small ammenities such as coffee maker, fluffy clean towels, iron/board, blowdryer. Waffles for breakfast are fun but everything else in breakfast is lacking. Very good service.
All in all a nice place.

• Stayed July 2012