“Old, stinky and dangerous”
Review of Days Inn Denton

Days Inn Denton
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Corinth, Texas, United States
“Old, stinky and dangerous”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I got a room at this hotel as kind of a last minute thing and it was the cheapest in town. The staff was pretty friendly, especially the girl when I checked in. When I got on the elevator, I wasn't sure I was going to make it up to the next floor. It was pretty scary. Then when I got into my room it had a funny smell. The bed was tiny but I can't really complain too much because it was at least clean. When I went into the bathroom, the grout between all the tiles was missing and most of them were lose and broken. If I hadn't noticed or been half asleep, i could have cut my foot on the broken tiles. Also, The sink is RIGHT next to the door when you walk in. Overall it was just a disappointing experience and I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dara B
, General Manager at Days Inn Denton, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Our sincere apology that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed every expectations to make all guest stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know, we have address the issue and corrected bathroom tile grouts.

Please also know that your feedback was extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. Again, our apology and thank you for taking your time to write this review and hope you'll give us another opportunity. If we can provide any assistance, please feel free to reach us without any hesitancy.

Management Team
940 383 1471

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
mckinney
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for over 30 days and John and all the staff was great. The best thing is there 30 day rate and they also provided me with a micro wave and a refridgerator. This hotel is very clean and the service was just incredible. It is walking distance to several eating places but you can sleep in and grab some waffles right down stairs with coffee and juice, . They also have a washer and dryer. I will stay at this hotel on all my biz trips

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Priscila R, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Denton, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
I am very pleased to hear that your stay with us was pleasant. Thank you for such a wonderful review. I look forward to any future reservations you may book with us. Thank you again, and have a wonderful day.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We rented two rooms here. Both of them had extremely warn furniture, but that was do-able considering the rate we paid. We were visiting family and just looking for someplace to crash at night.
The main problem was housekeeping. Housekeeping did not clean our rooms once of their own accord. The first night they didn't clean it at all. The second day, I caught one of the housekeepers in the hall and asked that the room be cleaned. She didn't seem like she wanted to do it, and asked me about 3 times :are you sure you want your room cleaned?".
I then had to make certain to call the front desk every day of our stay to make sure the room was cleaned.
The hotel is close to the freeway, and also restaurants and a walmart. It's not horrible, but I will probably pay a few extra bucks next time to get better service.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank lvLass
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Clean, newish seeming, friendly staff. One of those where the walls are obviously textured concrete. Bathroom is small. You can hear the freeway from the street side rooms. But all in all, it's an OK place for a budget hotel. I'd stay there again were I to travel through Denton again.

Room Tip: Ask for the off street side. Smoking rooms available if that's important to you.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time out of your day to to write this review. The Days Inn employees appreciate your business, and we hope to see you for your future stays.
Grabill, Indiana
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We have stayed at this location atleast 5 times in the past two years or so. I have not written a review due to the ongoing changes going on there. They were changing names of the hotel and supposed to be upgrading as well. I did notice that they upgraded the lobby and breakfast area and a few of the rooms look nicer than the others. We keep going back for the price and the fact it is a block from where we need to be. It seems each time we go back the customer service is worse. This last time will be our last time. The one and only elevator is on it's last leg. Scarier than the last few times we were here. The maintenance guy got on and said "that doesn't sound good, well last week there was a fire in here" The toilets were clogged, the carpets in two different rooms needed to be replaced. Did I mention the staff is rude? We were charged several "small" charges and have yet to figure out what they were for. Breakfast is decent for a light meal. Only you can not take it out of the breakfast room even when there are 35-40 people congregating in the room. The staff will chase you and your danish out the door and demand it be taken back into the room and eaten there or thrown away. Oh once more, if you are booking for more than 7 days you will only get your room cleaned one time every 7 days. Only get clean linens and towels every 7 days and you must take out your own trash. For a place to lay your head and sleep? Well, It will do I guess.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank mkokies
Amarillo
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We booked our reservation through Priceline and got such a great price that I was concerned about the quality of the motel--but I had nothing to worry about. The area appeared to be safe; the room was clean, comfortable and surprisingly spacious; and the breakfast offered more than expected--several fruits, cereals, bread and yogurt. There was a public computer available, and the hotel staff were helpful and friendly. The streets behind the hotel provided a safe and attractive place for my husband's daily 3-mile run.

Tip 1: We were in Denton for a football game at University of North Texas, and found that leaving the game and heading north was much faster and easier than if we had headed south.

Tip 2: at first, we drove north of the hotel to exit I-35 to circle back and enter the parking lot, but found that we could exit at 380 and turn left, go to the first street and turn right, and access the motel from the back. That saved a lot of time and driving!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to write a wonderful review. I am pleased to hear that our Days Inn team was equiped to help you with any needs and/or locations you were searching for. We strive to do the very best. We look forward to any future stay you may book with us.
Starkville, Mississippi
Reviewed September 11, 2011

WE booked online at this days in. We had a awesome experiece from start to end. All of the staff we well beyond the expectations of service. The room was clean and the outside veiw was well maintained. I would recommend this location to anyone planning a trip to denton

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael M
Thank you for writing such a generous review about our hotel, Days Inn in Denton. I am very pleased to hear that our accommodations fit your needs. We are very happy that our staff was able to provide great customer service. We look forward to any future reservations that you may have with us. Thank you again for writing such a great review.