“Just okay.”

Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
North Texas
“Just okay.”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Don't go here if you're in a hurray. We ordered sweet potato fries for an appetizer & finally got them 20 minutes later with our lunch order. The food would have been really good when it was hot but it was lukewarm when it was served. Saw several other patrons looking around for waitstaff. Really wanted to like this place but don't think I'll o back.

• Visited February 2013

Denton, Texas
“Not going back...”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This seat yourself restaurant boasts a nonsmoking section within arms reach of a smoking permitted area and is anything but great. Service was so poor that we felt the need to leave a meager tip to send a message. I have probably only had to do that only one or two times before so I don't consider myself an overly harsh critic. Food was fair and best described as bland. Would not go back.

• Visited January 2013
Cotacachi, EC
“Love This Place”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

If you're looking for fast food go someplace else.

If you're looking for good food in a laid back environment, this may be your ticket. My husband and I have been here on several occasions. We always sit on the patio, the inside smells a bit smokey.

They have great burgers. We also love their sweet potato fries and onion rings. I usually get a veggie burger on whole wheat. My husband opts for a traditional burger. We've never been disappointed.

And the service is always friendly and efficient.

Visited December 2012
Sanger, Texas
“Nice Patio”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

A meeting place after work and decent "bar" food. Nothing to get really excited about but okay place to meet after work for nachos and a beer.

Visited October 2012
Austin, Texas, United States
“Fantastic Food and Service”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This place was quite a surprise.

Moving my daughter in to UNT, it was nice to have our last dinner together for a while and she wanted to check out something away from campus. I'd been down to the town square to check things out and thought that might be fun.

We looked up for some off-campus eateries that were highly rated and there were only a couple. The first one we tried was closed and so we just headed down to the square.

It was Saturday night and the place was hoppin' so we thought we'd check it out.

At first glance, the menu seems uninspiring; that's not to say it didn't look good but simply not unusual...standard fare. So we asked a couple of questions to find out what would be best.

Katie had a hankerin' for some fried mushrooms and when they came out, they were nothing like we expected. HUGE slices of portabellos that looked like cottage fries - probably the best fried mushrooms I've ever had and I am not really a big fan.

The waitress, Shelby, was more than helpful and accommodating. She gave us a very detailed rundown on how some of the food was made. Katie ended up ordering a sliced tenderloin sandwich and I thought I'd try the ceviche.

The sandwich was about as close to perfection as you can get. The meat was perfectly cooked (medium rare, although you can get it any way you like), tender and juicy. Absolutely delicious.

My ceviche was unusual but fantastic. Unlike many ceviches that are exclusively tart marinade, this had a red sauce that was not overwhelming but slightly sweet and spicy. I don't know if it's for everyone and it is different than a standard ceviche but I thought it was delicious.

Normally i don't order dessert but Katie wanted to try some so we got a blackberry cobbler and an slice of unusual pie that was sort of a caramel cream. I wouldn't call either one the best thing I've ever had but they were both very good.

The waitress, Shelby, WAS one of the best I've ever had. She was exceedingly friendly, very knowledgeable about the menu and happy to do anything to make our experience better. The wait between appetizer and entrees was a little long and she repeatedly came to check on us, ask if we needed anything and apologize for the wait. As an aside, I have since spoken with the owner, Karen, whose husband Jimmy is a chef and she was clear that the service IS a little slow because they won't pre-cook anything. It was well worth a little extra wait.

Shelby also made a fresh pot of decaf when I requested a cup and again, made it clear that whatever we needed was no problem. It looked as if all their staff was really hustling but if you have a chance to sit in her section, I would recommend it.

When I called up to check on her name, Karen told me that they are really focused on both the food quality and service and it shows. She also said they do a lot with UNT students are far as tailgating and whatnot, so I hope people will support them as well. They also have live jazz a couple of nights a week which is very cool and it is NOT just a college hangout. In fact, there were very few students in there but it's definitely a place that would appeal to anyone.

Overall, great food, great service, moderately priced - highly recommended.

• Visited August 2012