Beth Marie's Old Fashioned Ice Cream & Soda Fountain
Ranked #1 of 12 Dessert in Denton
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 5, 2013

While service is a little slow (it takes a while to scoop up the creamy goodness by hand) and the selection not extensive everything I've tried there is always fresh and good.

1  Thank kimbo1010

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Really good ice cream, priced by the ounce and served with a smile in a fun, old fashioned, soda shop. What's not to like!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. We didn't like it here at ALL.

Firstly, don't go here for lunch. Even the 3 flies on my table didn't want my food!

We picked the #3 'restaurant' in Denton to go for lunch today on our way home from OKC. However, when we got in there, we realised it was an ice cream parlour, who dabbles in sandwiches.

Hubby got a chicken salad sandwich (white) with a side of mac and cheese. Boxed Kraft Mac and cheese does not constitute as mac and cheese - especially when it's badly cooked (how can someone mess up a box of mac and cheese?!?!?!?!) how DARE you charge so much for a fraction of a box of Kraft. Day light robbery!!

I got a ham sandwich (rye) with a cup of chilli. My sandwich was dry, no butter, just plain bread, packet ham, plastic cheese and 'ok' bread.

The chilli was tasty but the meat was kinda gritty and off-putting.

Hubby got a root beer float, which he paid over $3 for the pleasure of, though it was small, smaller than a freakin' soda (which, by the way, I had and the diet coke was even disgusting).

For ice cream, since that was clearly what the place was 'all about', I tasted the apple pie, the orange and pineapple and went home with some Emily's campfire marshmallow all of which were ok but no 5* ice cream, they tasted store-bought.

I wanted to love this place so much, I love ice cream and I went in totally starving with high hopes and they were dashed :(

Reviewed October 6, 2012

A great choice of delicious flavoured ice cream and freshly squeezed juices to enjoy in the square. You'll be mesmarised by the choices of flavour

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Okay, you got to try the salty dog. This is just a great place to take a date or bring the family. We like both locations, but my kids love to get a cone from the original location on the Square and take it across to the Courthouse lawn to eat it on the steps. How quaint is that?