“Horrible food, service, and manager”

Tupelo Honey Bar & Grill
Ranked #42 of 80 Restaurants in Denison
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I hate doing this to any business but this place is unacceptable in every aspect.

We were not greeted by a hostess and eventually a guy from the bar came and asked where we wanted to sit. We asked if the patio was shaded, he rudely said "I don't understand what you mean by shaded" so we just sat down at the closest table. Immediately we had smokers all around us. Apparently we had been seated in the smoking section, the non smoking was full. I feel, since I was with my 4 year old, mother, & heavily pregnant, the guy could have mentioned this side was smoking. But wait, it gets better.

The waitress came over and was confused about any question we posed. No kids menu available fyi. Not family friendly, so perhaps it's a bar scene only. I don't know.

We all ordered something different and it was all inedible. Brisket salad, chicken fried steak, fried chicken, and chicken fingers. None of it was appealing to the eye or tastebuds. We asked for our check so we could just pay and eat somewhere else for lunch. At this point the waitress could see nothing had been touched but didn't care. We just wanted to leave so we didn't say anything. However, when she gave us our bill she tried to add random things, when we said we didn't have such and such she argued with us!! My mother and husband had had enough. We asked for a manager but he/she never came out. We finally just paid and left.

I sincerely hope the owner(s) are able to read this review so they may change things before it's too late. This appears to be a new place and it has the potential to be amazing.

6  Thank TarvelingTara
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Located at the end of Woodard Street at the north end of the historic Katy Railroad Depot. Had lunch on opening day, service was good, good choices on the menu in all price ranges. Appetizers, salads, sandwiches, burgers, mexican dishes, steaks and chicken fried steak. Tried the Brisket Tacos which were great, will be returning to try rest of menu. Beer and wine coming soon. Totally rebuilt facilities inside, including new restrooms.