“"Not too bad"”

Cotton Patch Cafe
Ranked #6 of 80 Restaurants in Denison
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The food is usually really great & they keep the place clean. It use to be a great place to eat, but now they seem to have a major help problem. Seems like in the last few months every single time I go there they have all new folks working, might see a couple of faces I saw last week. They don't have hardly any girls there any more, it's all guys waiting tables & I don't like that at all. I don't mind a guy waiting on me if they have girls waiting tables also & it's just the luck of the draw I got a guy. The training expense must be out of site. Almost every time we go in there we have a new guy waiting on us & it seems like it's their 1st job waiting tables.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

If you love homemade this is the place. I love their rolls and the peach cobbler is usually awesome with vanilla icecream! Go hungry!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

A family restaurant with a "home-style" menu. Busy Friday evening. I sat at the counter and ordered Catfish, squash and black-eyed peas. The service was extremely good, and I could see directly into the busy kitchen.
I passed on the yeast rolls however a gentleman sitting nearby ate a whole basket. My first order of catfish was no longer hot, the re-order was hot and crispy, and the tarter sauce was flavorful. Black-eyed peas were bland, Squash casserole was bland and cold like the fries. I skipped them Cornbread was Cobbler with Blue Bell saved the day. I'd go back and try again. The kitchen needs QC.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

nothing fancy, but consistently good home cooking at a very reasonable price. We eat here once a week and enjoy the friendly service and comfort foods. Love the squash and broccoli rice casseroles as well as their catfish basket and the grilled chicken breast. Its all of my favorite things, good, fast and cheap!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I love the Cotton Patch Cafe in Allen, but this location is TERRIBLE. The staff is AWFUL. Our food was decent and our server was sweet... but the server helping the table across from us was making rude faces at her friends and rolling her eyes when she was seated an African- American family who had a disabled member with them and it was VERY unprofessional. In addition, an employee here began staring at my boyfriend and me as soon as we sat down next to each other on the booth. She wouldn't stop staring and giving rude looks. She came over to ONLY our table (I watched her because it was peculiar) and asked us how everything was... Then when I went to leave she was giving me dirty looks and when I walked back to the table to grab something I forgot she still was giving me rude looks.

This location is VERY prejudice and needs sensitivity training. I was SO bothered at first after we left because it was so degrading and unprofessional.. but I know better than to let close-minded people bother me so I pushed it aside!

I will be calling corporate and have the names of the two ladies.. I hope this location cleans up their act because the restaurant in Allen, TX is wonderful! However, this location made this company lose my business until they prove otherwise!

I just visited about 1.5 hours ago and had to write this immediately!