“Good catfish, Great service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cotton Patch Cafe

Cotton Patch Cafe
Ranked #7 of 78 Restaurants in Denison
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Kansas City, MO
“Good catfish, Great service”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

A family restaurant with a "home-style" menu. Busy Friday evening. I sat at the counter and ordered Catfish, squash and black-eyed peas. The service was extremely good, and I could see directly into the busy kitchen.
I passed on the yeast rolls however a gentleman sitting nearby ate a whole basket. My first order of catfish was no longer hot, the re-order was hot and crispy, and the tarter sauce was flavorful. Black-eyed peas were bland, Squash casserole was bland and cold like the fries. I skipped them Cornbread was Cobbler with Blue Bell saved the day. I'd go back and try again. The kitchen needs QC.

• Visited May 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Good Home Cookin”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

nothing fancy, but consistently good home cooking at a very reasonable price. We eat here once a week and enjoy the friendly service and comfort foods. Love the squash and broccoli rice casseroles as well as their catfish basket and the grilled chicken breast. Its all of my favorite things, good, fast and cheap!

• Visited April 2013
Maple Shade, New Jersey
“Employees were very prejudice and degrading towards us and an other table”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I love the Cotton Patch Cafe in Allen, but this location is TERRIBLE. The staff is AWFUL. Our food was decent and our server was sweet... but the server helping the table across from us was making rude faces at her friends and rolling her eyes when she was seated an African- American family who had a disabled member with them and it was VERY unprofessional. In addition, an employee here began staring at my boyfriend and me as soon as we sat down next to each other on the booth. She wouldn't stop staring and giving rude looks. She came over to ONLY our table (I watched her because it was peculiar) and asked us how everything was... Then when I went to leave she was giving me dirty looks and when I walked back to the table to grab something I forgot she still was giving me rude looks.

This location is VERY prejudice and needs sensitivity training. I was SO bothered at first after we left because it was so degrading and unprofessional.. but I know better than to let close-minded people bother me so I pushed it aside!

I will be calling corporate and have the names of the two ladies.. I hope this location cleans up their act because the restaurant in Allen, TX is wonderful! However, this location made this company lose my business until they prove otherwise!

I just visited about 1.5 hours ago and had to write this immediately!

Visited April 2013
Texas USA
“GREAT FOOD at a very fair price !!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The Cotten Patch is a great stop for a great meal with homestyle cooking. A very friendly casual environment with good service at a very fair price. The catfish or chicken fried steak is always good. Great salads and there's alway plenty of it.
It's one of my favorites.

• Visited April 2013
Dallas
“Overrated”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our server had both the bar and our table (where they seated us, not by our own choice). Our waitress was slow and had to tend to the bar patrons first and constantly. The food was overpriced and lukewarm at best, and our drinks were always empty. We will not be returning to this location again.

Visited March 2013