“Best hotel I have stayed at in years”

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Denison
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Excellent service by the staff. They make a point to know your name and see to your needs as they become apparent. Meals on Monday and Wednesday help offset the costs of being on the road for business. Rooms are always clean and well maintained. Hostess went out of her way to hand make requested deserts that were delicious.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
VPSalesMOE, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Jason B,

Thank you so much for the stunning review. We are so happy that you find this to be the best hotel you have stayed at in in years! I am so glad our Manager's Reception on Mondays and Wednesdays are helping offset your travel costs - another great value and reason to only book our hotel in the entire Sherman/Denison/Durant area! I am also glad you are enjoying our new signature gourmet desserts from Melissa's Bakery on these nights - they have been quite a hit and there are so many new ones yet to come. We look forward to seeing you every week for some time to come!

Hampton Inn and Suites Denison
Tripadvisor Traveler's Choice Award 2014 - #1 Rated Hotel in Texas for Exceptional Service

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I just have to say this was by far the best hotel stay ever. The service was amazing and the staff was great. It by far takes the cake!! The GM Doug was so personable made me feel like family. Thank you So much for the best family trip ever

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank prettyrikki
VPSalesMOE, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

PrettyRikki,

Thank you so much for the amazing reivew! We are so thrilled the stay at our property was the best hotel stay of your life! We hope your travels bring you back to us soon!

Hampton Inn and Suites Denison TX

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

This is the cleanest, classiest, friendly, upscale Hotel I have visited in some time. We had the pleasure of meeting the GM Doug Bradley who went out of his way after a busy weekend to give us 1st class service. Not only did he make us feel like family, he made us laugh like no other. I will definitely recommend this Hotel to others. Thank you Doug

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Gina S
VPSalesMOE, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Gina S,

Thank you for the "awesome" review! I am so glad that you felt welcomed and special at our hotel! We agree - it truly is a classy property and an upscale experience - maybe this is why we are the #1 rated hotel in Texas for Exceptional Service on Tripadvisor!

We hope your travels bring you back to us very soon!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have been staying at this Hotel every week for last 8 months for business. I must say it has been one of the best places I have stayed at over last 2 yrs of travel.

Connie is always there to greet me when we check-in or come in after work, she is extremely helpful and very accommodating with all the requests. She always offers an arrival beverage and even helped me book the hotel for weeks in advance to better manage my stay.

Breakfast food is good and Zona especially does a great job of managing the entire breakfast. She does a great job of catering to the needs of all the guests during such a busy hour. Trey has also been very helpful and accommodating with any requests.

The rooms are decent and comfortable, the pool is great, managers reception on Mondays and Wednesdays is a highlight of my stay during the week. This is indeed an excellent place to stay during the week when I am away from home.

Even the best hotels have opportunity for improvement. There have been a few times (2-3) when my room was not cleaned. Also internet connection can be a little unstable at times.

2  Thank pranay d
VPSalesMOE, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Pranay D,

Thank you for the "excellent" review. It means so much to us that with all of the many hotel choices here in the Sherman/Denison area, you choose to only stay with us! I am so glad you enjoy our breakfast and manager's receptions. A couple of hotels in the area tried to emulate our Manager's Reception but it was reported to us that they just could not compare to what we offer - that those others felt very reductive! We are so glad these are the highlights of your stay! I have already shared your feedback with Connie, Zona and Trey and they are so happy to receive your kind recognition. We look forward to you staying with us for many months to come!

Hampton Inna and Suites Denison
Tripadvisor Traveler's Choice Award 2014 - #1 Hotel in Texas for Exceptional Service

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I wouldn't stay anywhere else now that I stayed at the Hampton in Denison Texas...the "manager's reception was very welcoming after our long hot drive...the beverages were a nice touch. But it was Connie, the lady at the front desk, that really made our stay the best...she was very kind and helpful and really made us feel welcome...THANK YOU Connie Stewart and the Hampton Inn we WILL be back!!!

• Stayed: July 2014

Angelfire757,

Thank you so much for taking time to write such an amazing review. We are so thrilled you discovered our hotel and unmatched service. I have shared your review with Connie and she is simply beaming. We look forward to you visiting soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The service we received at this hotel is beyond the service received at any other hotel we have stayed at. Doug, the manager, helped with anything we needed from where to eat, to where to dance. He offered an arrival beverage, and was genuinely happy that we were staying at the hotel. We had a great time, in a great hotel! Thanks Doug!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
VPSalesMOE, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Thomas B,

Thank you for the "Excellent" review! It is always a pleasure to have you and your family here with us! I am so glad we were able to give you some recommendations of the great restaurants and other venues in our area. I really appreciate all of your kind words - thank you so much.

Hampton Inn and Suites Denison
Tripadvisor Travelers's Choice Award 2014 - #1 Rated Hotel in Texas for Exceptional Service

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before and had excellent service. Several times, I have been upgraded to a suite for no charge. But this time was different as the the Hilton website was unclear about the amount of Hhonors points to be billed. The arrival clerk took no responsiblity for the problem and told me that the issue would have to be addressed by me through Hhonors customer service. In addition, her records had no information on the Hhonors points and stated that I would be billed $70 per night for the room. She told me that i had to sign the okay before check-in and that there was not a manager on duty at the time. Later I found that I needed to get the issue resolved before check-in. Because of the inexperienced and uncaring room clerk, I am out an extra 55,000 Hhonors points. In addition,the house keeping person did not refresh the toiletries and left a cleaner in my room. On a good note, the breakfast and manager dinners were great. The lady who mailed my bag left in the room was wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
VPSalesMOE, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Shari W,

Thank you for taking time to write this review. As the #1 Rated Hotel in Texas on Tripadvisor for Exceptional Service and #16 nationally, we take all feedback very seriously. I am sorry that the representative was not able to give you more extensive information about your free award booking. Due to account security, these all must be booked online or with the Hilton Honors 800 number and therefore our front desk agents have limited information about the redemption of the rewards. I have instructed this Guest Service Representative that a better way to assist int he future would be to engage that department via the phone so that the problem can be worked out. I am thrilled you enjoyed our signature Manager's Reception and our unparalleled breaksfast buffet. I am also so happy our Guest Service Representative was able to locate and ship your lost item in a timely manner. I have located your booking in our system and will send you a certificate for a free night at our property in our suite for the confustion and misunderstanding that you did not want to relinquish any additional points for the upgrade to the luxury suite.

Hampton Inn and Suites Denison

Also consider these accommodations in or near Denison
Hilton Garden Inn Denison/Sherman/At Texoma Event Center
Best Western Plus Texoma Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sherman Highway 75
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denison North-Lake Texoma
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durant
Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison? Share your experiences!