“Best Hampton Inn within 4000 miles of Denison, TX”

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Denison
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I travel extensively on business, spending over 75 nights per year in hotel rooms around the globe. But I never stayed in a hotel within 20 miles of home until we needed to accommodate my daughter's wedding party and guests, and host a catered dinner. Wow, was I surprised by the Hampton Inn in Denison. The rooms were large, immaculately clean, and as nicely and stylishly decorated as any hotel room I have seen in recent memory (including the $600/night Hilton resort on Waikiki - of course the view was not as nice, but you can't have everything for $100/night in Denison, TX).

And Doug, the property manager, was extremely helpful with the reservations and in accommodating our need to use the breakfast area (also by far the nicest of any chain hotel I have stayed in) for our catered dinner. His attentiveness and professionalism really helped with the event planning and a great stay.

I would highly recommend this hotel for the casual and business traveler.

Room Tip: The suites are large, well appointed and arranged well for both business travelers and families.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
VPSalesMOE, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

JKent2013,

Thank you so much for the stunning review! We are so glad your wedding event went so well here at the property. We have become the first choice for sophisticated, classy brides for the Grayson County area. Love our trendy decor and fabulous southern hospitality. It was a pleasure to help you pull of such a fabulous and memorable event.

douglas.bradley@hilton.com
Best Hotel - Best of Texoma 2012, 2013, 2014, Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2012, 2013, The Official Best Contemporary Hotel in Texas 2013

Reviewed April 7, 2014

If you ever need a place to stay in Denison, Texas, the Hampton Inn and Suites is a must! The hotel is extremely clean with ample free parking and comfortable beds. The facility itself makes the stay worthwhile but the staff is what makes the place exceptional. Keith and Ryan at the front desk are funny, polite, courteous and most of all willing to go above and beyond to make your stay at the Hampton Inn a first rate experience. My husband and I stayed overnight in Denison on our way to DFW. When our honeymoon vacation to Hawaii was delayed a day because of weather, my husband and I drove all the way back to Denison from DFW to stay another night at this wonderful hotel and Ryan and Keith are the reason. Thanks again for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: April 2014

Esquette,

Thank you so much for the "outstanding" review! I shared this review with Keith and Ryan and they were literally thrilled. Thank you so much for taking time to write this and to make our day! It is such an honor that you drove an hour and half back from DFW airport just to stay another night with us until your flight. With the hundreds of hotel choices you had right there in the area, this means the world to us! We must be doing something right!

We hope your travels bring you back to our hotel.

douglas.bradley@hilton.com
Best Hotel - Best of Texoma 2012, 2013, 2014, Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2012 and 2013, The Official Best Contemporary Hotel in Texas

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We checked in this weekend very late and had to leave early the next morning on our drive back to Iowa. The lobby area and breakfast area was very nice. The lobby was welcoming - well lit even after midnight and there was music playing which was nice. The desk clerk acknowleged my Hilton Honors status but I had to request the two bottles of water.

The property was very clean, and I like the layout of this Hampton over some other designs. Some of the furniture in the room was strange for a Hampton Inn. The small fridge was sitting directly on the floor and the microwave was sitting on top of the fridge (neither were within a cabinet, etc.) Also, the TV rather than being in a typical TV stand/entertainment center the TV sat atop what appeared to be a bookshelf - with the coffee maker and cups, etc. on the shelf below the TV. Obviously, these oddities were no big deal, just nothing I have seen in the several Hamptons I have stayed at. Also strange was the fact the bathroom appeared to have an exhaust fan but no switch to turn the fan on.

The breakfast was not too warm, but they did have a microwave, so again, no big deal. This Hampton DID have fresh fruit and other fruit as well, which the Hampton we stayed at the previous night had neither option offered. The woman working the breakfast area was extremely friendly and asked if we needed anything to please let her know.

The workout facility was about the smallest I have seen (one elliptical and one treadmill, one small bench, dumbells up to 50lb). I basically had the facility to myself, so although small it was very functional and the equipment worked well.

Overall, this property was great and if on a road trip on I-69/I-75 again we would stay here again. The bed/pillows were comfortable and we had a great night of sleep. Great value as another Hampton nearby was $40 more for the night.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor near the elevator and this worked great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank M J

Bearsfan78,

Thank you so much for the "great" review. I am glad you enjoyed our facilities and staff. I am also pleased you were able to take advantage of one of our weekend promotional rates - we are committed to offering the best hotel at the best price and it looks like we are succeeding!

We look forward to you staying with us again!

douglas.bradley@hilton.com
Best Hotel - Best of Texoma 2012, 2013, 2014, Triapdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2012, 2013, The Official Best Contemporary Hotel in Texas 2013

Reviewed April 6, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on April 5, 2014. Keith, the night desk manager was excellent. Both my wife and I would like to say thank you for the great job he performed on our stay. Keith went out of his way to make sure our visit was out of this world.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Max L,

Thank you so much the great review. I am so glad that Keith wonderful care of you during your stay. I have shared this review with him and he is very thankful for your kind words.

We hope your travels bring you back to us soon!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

The rooms are comfortable and clean. I have been surprised my the new modern look all the Hampton Inns seem to have. The lobby and breakfast areas are very inviting. A good value for the money. The staff was very friendly. Also Jalepeno Tree is a good restaurant close to the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
VPSalesMOE, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Valerie S,

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am glad you liked the new modern look of our hotel. Our hotel actually won the Best Contemporary Hotel in Texas and was featured on the Discovery Channel! We hope you come back and see us soon!

douglas.bradley@hilton.com
Best Hotel - Best of Texoma 2012 and 2013, Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2012 and 2013, The Official Best Contemporary Hotel in Texas 2013

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Provided prompt pickup at and return to the local airport, as well as transportation to an excellent steakhouse. When I needed to ship some items on a Saturday night, the manager took me to the only place still open, an Office Depot some miles away. Very friendly service by all, and an all-around very satisfactory stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

John H,

Thank you for the "excellent" review! It was my pleasure to pick you up from the Denison airport and to take you to Office Depot. Our complimentary shuttle is one of the things that makes our hotel so popular. We are the only hotel in the area offering service from the airport. We hope you travels bring you back soon!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were very pleased with our room and rate . Stayed one night after going to hear Trisha Yearwood at the nearby Chacktaw Casino. Room price was much better than the casino. The breakfast was of good quality. Parking very convenient.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Linda H,

Thank you for the "excellent" review! We are quickly becoming the first choice of travelers going to events at Choctaw like Trisha Yearwood! Thank you for staying with us and I am glad you were able to get a competive rate during that special event. Please come back and stay with us next time you are going to the casino. We also offer weekend shuttle services to Choctaw so folks can leave the driving to us!

903.464.9010

Also consider these accommodations in or near Denison
Hilton Garden Inn Denison/Sherman/At Texoma Event Center
Best Western Plus Texoma Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denison North-Lake Texoma
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sherman Highway 75
Hampton Inn and Suites - Durant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durant

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison? Share your experiences!