“Judy D”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Deer Park
Boise, Idaho
“Judy D”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for a very extended period of time. Like all hotels they have their boundaries that they cannot cross such as rates or bookings though we have a great deal with them worked out before we checked in. Through my extended stay we have worked out any and all problems in a timely manner and the staff has been very considerate of me and my husband. We had an act of God once, lightening struck the building, and management and staff worked around the clock to restore most of the electrical systems, TVs, internet. They did not complain once but worked on the problem diligently and as fast as humanly possible they fixed the problems. They do what they can like offer info to restaurants, driving directions, and hotel accommodations. I find the staff especially friendly. I also have a pet and they have been more than generous in accommodating my pet. We have actually been here more than a month which this system does not allow. We have been here over a year now off and on. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: lower rooms are noisier for traffic, but it is very quiet here in any room and we have had several...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Belinda B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Mrs Judy

Thanks for your kind words.. We try our best to be on top of things at all times.

We have enjoy you and your husbands stay with us.

Candlewood Suites
Deer Park, Texas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

My plans were changed within minutes of my booking and the date for my stay was a week out. I called and spoke to the manager and he would not work with me in anyway to cancel the reservation. I realize it was a non refundable situation, but within less then an hour they couldn't make an exception and that is beyond me. Working for a company that will do what ever we can to assist our customers I feel rigid policies like this hurt business and does nothing to help it. With many options I will either stay here or let is hit my card, but I will never recommend them or stay with any business that is connected with group of motels. I have not stayed here yet, but nothing about the stay will change my mind.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Belinda B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thanks for your review.

I am sorry for some of the corporate policy that are in place.
Joshua, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I spent four nights at this Candlewood Suites. The place met all my expectations but was not remarkable in any area. The rooms were clean and spacious; the kitchen was well equipped, but that what was expected. Its primary clientele appears to be work crews that probably have week long (or longer) assignemnets in the area. This place would be ideal for such a stay. The place was very quiet which was somewhat of a surprise considering these work crews work long hours that don't necessarily fit the 9-5 model.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Belinda B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
David

Thanks for your review...

Any and all comments, remarks and statements are taking into consideration.

281-478-0200
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

We arrived late one evening and had no issues getting checked in and the rooms were great, comfortable beds, clean and spacious, the only thing that was they only clean the rooms once a week and you have go to the front desk for clean towels or toilet tissue. The second day I went down to get some towels and the blonde working the front desk made me feel like I was being scolded for not bringing my other towels down with me. This lady was very rude the couple of times I had to interact with her and put me off on this hotel all together.

Room Tip: Lots of people up at all hours of the night, i recommend a higher floor at the end for less noise fr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your review.

Let me be the first to say that I am sorry for your experience here at our facilty.

Our standard policy is to clean the room once a week, however my sincere apology for the rudeness of our front desk lady.. This problem will be looked into.

Thanks again for your review it is our goal to accept the good, the bad,the in between and work on making this a place where you will return again.

281-478-0200
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I was in town for a business meeting and our meetings were at the Candlewood Suites. My wife and baby came with. We checked in and went to our room. Unfortunately, it was not very welcoming. We were welcomed by a very large cobweb in the corner above the refrigerator, my wife immediately was skeptical of the cleanliness of this room. She went to check the beds and found that the linens were very yellow almost stained. She opened one and found hair in the bed and on the pillows, then she opened the other bed and (this is no word of a lie) a big bug of some sort ran across the bed. We also found a hair tie on the floor by the bed. Then we went into the bathroom and there was shower gel on the bottom of the tub and other stains, you could clearly tell it wasn't cleaned. We went to the front desk to ask for a different room and we were told there were no other rooms so we had to stay in there and as for getting the linens changed, we were given sheets and asked to change the sheets ourselves. Needless to say, it wasn't a very comfortable night sleep and the next night we stayed at the Hampton Inn. This was my honest and true experience here.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Natchez, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

If you want to feel at home away from home then there's not any better place to stay than Candlewood Suites 1300 East Blvd. Deer Park,Texas. Friendly curtious helpful kind hearted owner and staff. The best this side of town.

• Stayed June 2012
Washington state
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

Very clean, nice hotel to stay. Good exercise room, but it is kept a little too warm, free laundry for guests. I especially love the full size fridge & a small cooktop so my eating habits here are much better than in hotels with just a microwave. I was also pleased that their dishes, & cooking pans & pots were not just thrift store junk, but nice ones. The bed is very comfortable. It is quiet almost all the time except on some weekend afternoons when people gather in the courtyard to BBQ, drink, & party. I am staying here for over a month. The front desk staff has also been helpful although there is a lanuage barrier with the housekeeping staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Belinda B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
thanks for your reply on this... every compliment and/or complaint truly helps us to improve on things daily....

If there is anything we can help you with please feel free to let any one of the staff members know what you need.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deer Park
Comfort Suites Deer Park
Comfort Suites Deer Park
#5 of 7 in Deer Park
Hampton Inn & Suites La Porte

Been to Candlewood Suites? Share your experiences!