“Enjoyed my stay BUT...”
Review of Candlewood Suites

Candlewood Suites
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Deer Park
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We arrived late one evening and had no issues getting checked in and the rooms were great, comfortable beds, clean and spacious, the only thing that was they only clean the rooms once a week and you have go to the front desk for clean towels or toilet tissue. The second day I went down to get some towels and the blonde working the front desk made me feel like I was being scolded for not bringing my other towels down with me. This lady was very rude the couple of times I had to interact with her and put me off on this hotel all together.

Room Tip: Lots of people up at all hours of the night, i recommend a higher floor at the end for less noise fr...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Belinda B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thanks for your review.

Let me be the first to say that I am sorry for your experience here at our facilty.

Our standard policy is to clean the room once a week, however my sincere apology for the rudeness of our front desk lady.. This problem will be looked into.

Thanks again for your review it is our goal to accept the good, the bad,the in between and work on making this a place where you will return again.

Belinda Bowen
Director of Sales
281-478-0200

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was in town for a business meeting and our meetings were at the Candlewood Suites. My wife and baby came with. We checked in and went to our room. Unfortunately, it was not very welcoming. We were welcomed by a very large cobweb in the corner above the refrigerator, my wife immediately was skeptical of the cleanliness of this room. She went to check the beds and found that the linens were very yellow almost stained. She opened one and found hair in the bed and on the pillows, then she opened the other bed and (this is no word of a lie) a big bug of some sort ran across the bed. We also found a hair tie on the floor by the bed. Then we went into the bathroom and there was shower gel on the bottom of the tub and other stains, you could clearly tell it wasn't cleaned. We went to the front desk to ask for a different room and we were told there were no other rooms so we had to stay in there and as for getting the linens changed, we were given sheets and asked to change the sheets ourselves. Needless to say, it wasn't a very comfortable night sleep and the next night we stayed at the Hampton Inn. This was my honest and true experience here.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2012

If you want to feel at home away from home then there's not any better place to stay than Candlewood Suites 1300 East Blvd. Deer Park,Texas. Friendly curtious helpful kind hearted owner and staff. The best this side of town.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Very clean, nice hotel to stay. Good exercise room, but it is kept a little too warm, free laundry for guests. I especially love the full size fridge & a small cooktop so my eating habits here are much better than in hotels with just a microwave. I was also pleased that their dishes, & cooking pans & pots were not just thrift store junk, but nice ones. The bed is very comfortable. It is quiet almost all the time except on some weekend afternoons when people gather in the courtyard to BBQ, drink, & party. I am staying here for over a month. The front desk staff has also been helpful although there is a lanuage barrier with the housekeeping staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Belinda B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

thanks for your reply on this... every compliment and/or complaint truly helps us to improve on things daily....

If there is anything we can help you with please feel free to let any one of the staff members know what you need.

Reviewed December 24, 2011

Nice clean newer extended stay
Big gym. Onside laundry
Large rooms with everything you need
A little pricey

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Vaiden
Reviewed January 13, 2011

The Candlewood Suites Deer Park is brand new. This means that everything is clean and functions well. Rooms are large as usual, a full kitchen is provided with no kitchenware missing, business center is operational, Wifi is provided and all other facilities are OK. Staff is a bit unexperienced but attentive and willing to do its best to assist visitors. The location of the hotel is good if you enjoy deep sleep. Indeed, in spite of what the name "Deer Park" could imply, the area is fairly noisy: the 225 highway with dense traffic is nearby and heavily loaded trains whistle at length and often even at night. Further, our room was equipped with the traditionally large but boisterous fridge/deep freezer and air conditioner, making us - Europeans - wondering again why Americans, even in a brand new hotel, so much prefer rattling and vibrating appliances (ours are quiet or even silent) especially when they sit close to your bed... In summary, we enjoyed our stay but did not sleep well.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
La Quinta Inn & Suites Deer Park
Candlewood Suites La Porte
Candlewood Suites La Porte
#9 of 14 in La Porte

Been to Candlewood Suites? Share your experiences!