“Really Impressed”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Deer Park
Mississippi USA
“Really Impressed”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I've stayed at alot of HIE's on business and leisure trips, and I must say this one is in the top three in my book. The staff was very courteous and polite.They even gave me a little welcome gift with various convenience item because I was an IHG Rewards member. The room (a Suite) was absolutley clean and still had a brand new appearance. I was impressed with the generous variety of toiletries in the bath.The public areas of the hotel were quiet and well kept and breakfast was served hot and promptly in the morning. It was a completley pleasant stay and if I have areason to go back to the Houston area I will definitely book there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
King W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Deer Park, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you Justbutterbean for staying at Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Deer Park TX and we hope to see you again when you return to the Deer Park area! Our entire staff will be delighted to hear such positive feedback from one of our IHG Rewards Club members! We look forward to your return visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Zoetermeer, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights during a recent business trip to Houston. Very convienient location if you are visiting businesses in the Deer Park, La Porte or Baytown area: saves you a long & crowded commute from downtown Houston. The hotel is located on a quiet side street but is still close to the Centre St. where you can find a number of decent restaurants to eat. Rooms are very spacious and clean. Wi-Fi and airconditioning work well and the free breakfast is quite sumptuous. In summary, an excellent place to stay on a business trip to southeast Houston.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ashwin H
King W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Deer Park, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you Ashwin H for staying at Holiday Inn Express & Suites on your recent trip to the Houston area! Our staff is delighted to hear such positive feedback and we look forward to your return visit!
Ambler, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel has to be one of the best HI's I've ever stayed at. I arrived late, was basically the last person to check in for the night. When I got to my hotel room, I was pleasantly surprised to have a very nice, spacious room. It was a chilly night, so I turned on the heat in the room. Unfortunately...this was the first time that the heat was turned on in quite some time...and a horrible smell was emitted from the wall unit which actually set off the room's fire alarm...I immediately notified the front desk, who came up to investigate immediately. The hotel was booked solid, so no extra rooms to move into. The staff offered to call maintenance who was not on site, but that wouldn't do anything...the heater just needed to be turned on for a while to get the smell out of the system. A good suggestion from the staff on duty was that she would suggest to management that when the rooms are unoccupied- to turn on the heat for a little bit to get the smell out before a guest checks in. Good idea, but not sure if it's possible to do this but a good idea! The smell dissipated with the ceiling fan on & bathroom exhaust fan on.

There was a visit from the maintenance staff first thing the next morning- great job / attention to detail!

Breakfast was very good. The pool / hot tub seemed nice but I didn't get a chance to use them.

I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Had a room on the third floor- very nice / clean other than the smell from the heat that hadn't...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
King W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Deer Park, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you JoanneSt for selecting the Holiday Inn Express & Suites for your recent trip to Deer Park! I wanted to apologize personally for the issue you encountered when turning on the heater during your stay. Here in the Houston area, we're not used to needing heaters at this time of year and were caught off-guard by the recent cold-spell. I can assure you that our maintenance department takes this issue seriously and we are in the process of checking/cleaning the heaters to insure future guests don't have similar issues.

I greatly appreciate that you brought this issue to our attention and look forward to your next visit to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Deer Park TX.
RICHARDSON
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was a great hotel experience in contrast the to terrible experience at a previous hotel. Check in was a breeze, the price was only $5 higher than a much worse hotel a block away, the bed was comfy, ac worked great, it was clean, multitude of soaps and lotions in the bathroom. The room is huge as at all HI Express, I don't have a single complaint. I didn't have my rewards card with me and the front desk agent advised she would look it up for me as it was late. She couldn't find it so left a nice hand written note under the door explaining what we should do in the morning. 5 stars!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for joining us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites for your recent trip to Deer Park! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites and amenities! Our team will be absolutely delighted to hear such positive feedback! We are very excited that you have made the Holiday Inn Express & Suites your home away from home in Deer Park and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is a very nice Holiday Inn Express local to many of the facilities along the ship channel. My room was large, well serviced and had a comfortable bed. No room issues at all.

Like all Holiday Inn Express hotels the breakfast offerings are a disappointment. The first day here I went downstairs, looked in the refrigerator and found the hard boiled eggs sitting in water! Yes they were cold but this is a great pathway to food poisoning. I grabbed a coffee and nothing else. I never went near the breakfast area again during my five day stay. Basic food safety rules should always be followed.

I will consider staying here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We picked this hotel as it was about half way between Johnson Space Centre and San Jacinto Battleground State Historic Park.
It was easy to find and is definitely quiet. The room is quite big - king size bed, lounge, easy chair, desk and a HUGE bathroom. How unusual but lovely! The room was clean.
The only problem we've had is with breakfast - no yoghurt and running out of items an hour before breakfast is finished! Not good.
Laundry facilities on every floor is a great idea.
The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Deer Park, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Arjay_Perth,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. I'm deeply sorry your stay was negatively affected by the service you received during breakfast. I have noted your comments and I will make sure that this will be looked into to improve the quality and service that we offer to all of our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently for 3 nights. The staff was very polite, friendly and helpful. The location was very convenient for me to get to my workplace easily, which in Houston is not always the case. I have one suggestion. Usually I like to work on the computer in the morning before leaving my room. I'd have lked it better if they had trays in which I could bring breakfast to my room. They did have a sign but no trays.

Thanks!

Room Tip: If you are a Priority Club member with status, you may get an upgrade.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Comfort Suites Deer Park
#5 of 7 in Deer Park
Americas Best Value Inn &  Suites- Deer Park / Houston
La Quinta Inn & Suites Pasadena North

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Deer Park? Share your experiences!