“Very clean and quiet”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Deer Park
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Very clean and quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is a very nice Holiday Inn Express local to many of the facilities along the ship channel. My room was large, well serviced and had a comfortable bed. No room issues at all.

Like all Holiday Inn Express hotels the breakfast offerings are a disappointment. The first day here I went downstairs, looked in the refrigerator and found the hard boiled eggs sitting in water! Yes they were cold but this is a great pathway to food poisoning. I grabbed a coffee and nothing else. I never went near the breakfast area again during my five day stay. Basic food safety rules should always be followed.

I will consider staying here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

We picked this hotel as it was about half way between Johnson Space Centre and San Jacinto Battleground State Historic Park.
It was easy to find and is definitely quiet. The room is quite big - king size bed, lounge, easy chair, desk and a HUGE bathroom. How unusual but lovely! The room was clean.
The only problem we've had is with breakfast - no yoghurt and running out of items an hour before breakfast is finished! Not good.
Laundry facilities on every floor is a great idea.
The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Deer Park, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Arjay_Perth,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. I'm deeply sorry your stay was negatively affected by the service you received during breakfast. I have noted your comments and I will make sure that this will be looked into to improve the quality and service that we offer to all of our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently for 3 nights. The staff was very polite, friendly and helpful. The location was very convenient for me to get to my workplace easily, which in Houston is not always the case. I have one suggestion. Usually I like to work on the computer in the morning before leaving my room. I'd have lked it better if they had trays in which I could bring breakfast to my room. They did have a sign but no trays.

Thanks!

Room Tip: If you are a Priority Club member with status, you may get an upgrade.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Worst HIE breakfast I've ever had! Fridge was empty with just s couple of yogurts and pitcher of milk. Staff were not attentive to the bfast area....as if they had no idea what they were doing?. Room was noisy. Room was not very clean.

• Stayed March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Deer Park, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Skiller67,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I sincerely regret that the breakfast was a disappointment on this particular visit and you were disappointed with the room accommodations received. I have taken note of your feedback and this will be forwarded to the appropriate parties to consider improvements needed at our facility.

Pam G.
Case Manager
Vancouver, BC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

Stayed 4 nts on business trip to Houston. Only negative aspect is the location. Next time to Houston on business I'll stay downtown, instead of here with a rental car and long commute into town. This was my first time actually staying in Houston so didn't know any better. Yes the hotel has wifi, and free breakfast (typical scrambled eggs, bacon or preformed sausage patties, toast, pancake maker) but didn't have any yoghurt available during my stay (I asked staff). I went out for breakfast on the 3rd day. I travel an avg. amount on business, usually there's a decent selection of restaurants nearby - not here. If you don't have a car you'll be going hungry. Deer Park isn't exactly a diner's haven ~ did try 2 local places (Italian & BBQ) and they were OK, not great. The best thing about this hotel is that it is definitely QUIET - very good sleep here on nice beds, and the rooms are huge with a kitchenette included.

Room Tip: 3 floors, I was on the top in 308 far away from the elevator - nice and quiet, large room w/kitchene...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AbbyFamily
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Deer Park, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Dear AbbyFamily,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am pleased you did enjoy your quite room and comfortable beds. I am sorry the location was not where you needed to be. Please contact our Reservations office at 1800Holiday for your next trip. The agents will be able to help you if finding a more suitable location to your work. I take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.

Brenda J.
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

I stay at a lot of hotels for business travel and this is one of the best properties. The constuction is VERY good keeping adjacent room noise to a minimum which is hard to find with the cheap hotels built in recent years. The property is very clean and modern and the front desk attendant very pleasant and helpful. A really nice experience.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

This property was way above average, in most every respect I care about at least. Cleanliness, condition of everything, and even Wi-Fi (yes, WiFi). The WiFi here was some of the fastest I've ever seen in a hotel. I consistently experienced 10+ meg download and 5+ meg upload. This was great for this business traveler. I have no idea about breakfast, business center, pool, or anything else. I will certainly stay here again when Deer Park would be a good hub for my business travel.

• Stayed December 2011
#5 of 7 in Deer Park
BEST WESTERN Deer Park Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Pasadena North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston E - Pasadena

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Deer Park? Share your experiences!