“Do not ever stay at this hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6

Motel 6
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Decatur
Hobbs, NM
“Do not ever stay at this hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2009

I arrived sunday 4-13-09 at 8 PM. I am 61 year old female traveling alone. My sister was having major surgery in Fort Worth was the reason for my stay. I told them I did not know how long I would be staying. When I walked in my room I noiticed how dirty the carpet was but after a 7 hour drive I let it go. Took a shower & then realized how old & STAINED the towels & washcloths were. Tried to get on the internet & couldn't through Days Inn connection, finally did through Best Western connection. Got up the next morning & there was no coffee, creamer, sugar, nothing! Which was not good, the coffee pot was old & Nasty anyway........ Did ask for Coffee but gave up & bought instant coffee. At least the microwave worked.
After a long stressful day at the hospital Tuesday I arrived back at the Days Inn which was full of 10 to 12 year old kids in town for a tournament of some kind. Stood at the front desk for about 25 minutes while the kids parents were checking in. Gave up & went to my room, had to take 3 flights of stairs as the kids were playing on the elevator. Called the front desk & finally got an answer the third time. Told them I would need the room the next night & I was informed they were BOOKED!!?? What??? When I told them I did not know how long I would be staying!!! I have never had a motel do that. Never.
After not getting any sleep due to kids running up & down the hall till midnight I had to get up early the next morning & move to another motel before going back to Fort Worth.
I did call the desk about the kids several times but gave up & talked to them myself the fourth time they woke me up at midnight..............Where are the parents???????? Where are the people who run the place?????? When leaving I had to carry bags down the stairs, twice. couldn't get the elevator again.............Not impressed!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Amarillo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2009

They didn't provide the room I had been promised, twice, earlier in the week. Almost all the amenities (water/tea etc) promised on the rolling billboards were "out", and not replenished thruout the weekend.

WIFI was down Thursday nite, asked if it was going to be fixed and they said of course!! Well, they said the repair guy screwed it up worse and there was no way to get anyone in on the weekend. Never did have wireless internet, they just didn't want to PAY to get it up. I WOULD NOT have stayed there if I'd known that. When asked if they were going to offer anything off the bill for lack of wifi, they said "No, that's just an added service"!!!

One of those people, owner/worker/Dad or whoever, has the worst BO I've been near, maybe that's their thing? You certainly couldn't take a trip in the elevator for a few hours after him being in there. Wasn't an issue to unfortunately know where in the hotel he had been. This wasn't "working" BO, this was never taking a bath BO.

This motel has about 1/2 the needed parking area, then bring in people with pickups and trailers that park sideways and take up 5 spots, there's not 1/4 enough parking.

Just a start but I'll quit there.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank TexasTon

Travelers are raving about these Decatur hotels

Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2008

I checked in, got to my room which even though it was a non-smoking room, wreaked of smoke from the surrounding rooms and hallways, and checked back out within 10 minutes. There was a badly stained luggage bench inside the door and multiple stains on the carpet. I didn't look any farther or undo the beds. I had seen enough.

• Liked — n/a
  • Disliked — uncleanliness
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
amarillo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2006

I never stayed at a days inn before, but was very impressed. the hotel was very nice and clean. I stayed here with my mother, child and 4 dogs. the service was great, beds were comfortable, and very friendly people. all our accomodations were met with a very friendly smile. I would definitly stay here again.

• Liked — the people were friendly
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Tips/Secrets — N/A