“room ok, but didnt have that "clean" feeling”
Review of Motel 6

Motel 6
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Decatur
Reviewed June 17, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I can't complain, I got a really good rate and was only staying for 1 night. Normally, I always check Trip Advisor before booking a hotel, but I didn't this time. However, never again! The first room had the A/C controls removed from the unit, so they moved me across the hall. Both rooms smelled musty and stinky, stains all over the chairs and telephone key pads. Granted there was a nice TV, but who cares when the surrounding is gross. Had I not been so tired, I would have cancelled my reservation and gone elsewhere. There was no one at the front desk when I went to check out, so I had to just leave my key. I wanted to wait and talk to someone, but need to get on the road.

I would highly suggest anyone to look into other accommodations.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JMC_TX
Reviewed June 1, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I arrived at 9:35 PM, tired and grumpy - my usual. Checked in and headed to my room on the third floor. Boy was I surprised when I found it occupied. My card key worked just fine! Went back down to the check in desk and handed over the card key letting them know the room was occupied. They are currently undergoing a remodel and they put the construction workers into rooms for free, but no one left a note as to what rooms were occupied. Really? As a female who regularly travels - that did not make me feel warm and fuzzy at all. I wonder now if they even know the construction workers names??? The next day, I return at 5:20 PM. The tile is being replaced in the floor of the elevator. I am not in the hotel business but its easy to figure that an elevator's high usage time would be 6:30 am - 9:00 am - 4:00 PM - 7:30 PM. No thought in planning this at all. Breakfast area had only 2 tables - gravy was more like dirty dish water and I swear they had the same batch at least two days in a row. Would NEVER stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business