“The hotel was VERY dirty. Elevators were dirty, bathroom...”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6

Motel 6
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Decatur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel, and thats what it feels like, was well organised, clean and affordable. The room had a huge comfy bed, large LCD flat screen, seating and a clean decent size bathroom, well impressed. I noticed a swimming pool but as I am here working I got straight onto the internet and that was quick. This morning my bill/ receipt was slipped under the door, nice touch, and I went to breakfast. Great start to the day and a great nights sleep, I will be back.

Room Tip: this is a must
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
daysinnsuites30164, Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 940-627-2463

Lockney, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Hair and something sticky in the shower, dust or crumbs in the bed, stained carpets, stained chair, just dirty overall. They are so concerned with being "green" and reusing towels and wash cloths, but they use HOT water in the toilets? Talk about an energy suck. There was an old box fan in the room covered in grease and dust. This was just a filthy hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ABW91011

Travelers are raving about these Decatur hotels

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Checked in on a Friday in late July. Paid for 2 nights. Room had HORRIBLE smell. Was told it was carpet that had been cleaned. The first night my daughter slept until 10:15. We got ready and left hotel. When we came back on saturday night OUR ROOM HAD NOT BEEN CLEANED. Front desk said the reason our room was not cleaned was because we had a do not disturb sign on door at 9:30 when maid was suppose to clean room. I told them just because my daughter slept late should not mean we do not want the room cleaned! I went to front desk to complain and they told me manager would be in on sunday at 8 to 1. Went back and was told he was in meeting but they would have him call me. Manager has never called.
Pool was green! Sink and bathtub does not drain very well!
Spend a little More money for another hotel

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nonna704
Winnie, Texas
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I was really worried about staying here after reading the reviews, so many people trashed the place. We stayed here during Little Dribblers Nationals. If you are a picky person, do not stay here. You can definately find things to gripe about, as so many people have done. This is not a Holiday Inn Express, but it doesn't cost as much either. These are the facts of our stay. We checked in with no problem. Our room was clean. Yes, there were some scratches on the walls. A chair did have some stains on it. There was a musty odor in the room because the air was off. The shower had good pressure and was hotter than you could stand. The bed was a typically average comfort hotel bed. We paid $52 a nite for this hotel, and I say we got what we paid for. We prefer to take the money we saved on the hotel and spend it on good restaurants. Again, if you're just looking for an economical place to stay, this is the place. If you want a nicer place, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Oscoda, Michigan
Reviewed April 20, 2011

For starters this place is a joke!!! The service here is not great at all...the room was dirty, carpets stained, my family took a shower the night we arrived after traveling all day and the next morning we had asked for some room service and was told that we had to pay 10.00 charge beings we were staying a week...So the cleaning ladies gave us the products to clean our room..We asked for towels so we could shower again the next moring and was told no that they could only give towels out so often and had to reuse what we had...I went down to front desk and asked the manager if he would reuse my towel and his reply was no so i got the towels i wanted....then the following day was all the same a hassel to get towels, so i called customer care and made many complaints and asked if there was a set amount on towels and the lady told me no.....NEVER again will i s tay at a days inn...They are very rude and this place is a dump...Please check other options in the area before choosing days inn...the pool area is dirty as well..i was affraid of getting a fungus for entering the pool/hot tube!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business