“Adequate”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Decatur
Winnie, Texas
“Adequate”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I was really worried about staying here after reading the reviews, so many people trashed the place. We stayed here during Little Dribblers Nationals. If you are a picky person, do not stay here. You can definately find things to gripe about, as so many people have done. This is not a Holiday Inn Express, but it doesn't cost as much either. These are the facts of our stay. We checked in with no problem. Our room was clean. Yes, there were some scratches on the walls. A chair did have some stains on it. There was a musty odor in the room because the air was off. The shower had good pressure and was hotter than you could stand. The bed was a typically average comfort hotel bed. We paid $52 a nite for this hotel, and I say we got what we paid for. We prefer to take the money we saved on the hotel and spend it on good restaurants. Again, if you're just looking for an economical place to stay, this is the place. If you want a nicer place, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Oscoda, Michigan
Reviewed April 20, 2011

For starters this place is a joke!!! The service here is not great at all...the room was dirty, carpets stained, my family took a shower the night we arrived after traveling all day and the next morning we had asked for some room service and was told that we had to pay 10.00 charge beings we were staying a week...So the cleaning ladies gave us the products to clean our room..We asked for towels so we could shower again the next moring and was told no that they could only give towels out so often and had to reuse what we had...I went down to front desk and asked the manager if he would reuse my towel and his reply was no so i got the towels i wanted....then the following day was all the same a hassel to get towels, so i called customer care and made many complaints and asked if there was a set amount on towels and the lady told me no.....NEVER again will i s tay at a days inn...They are very rude and this place is a dump...Please check other options in the area before choosing days inn...the pool area is dirty as well..i was affraid of getting a fungus for entering the pool/hot tube!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank nikole123

Travelers are raving about these Decatur hotels

Denton, Texas
Reviewed December 29, 2009

I stayed for 2 weeks after my house burned. I had gotten a discount through Wyndam Reservations w/ AAA, DAV, VFW, & NRA discounts. management extended a weekly discount.

Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank MDLaremore
Hobbs, NM
Reviewed April 15, 2009

I arrived sunday 4-13-09 at 8 PM. I am 61 year old female traveling alone. My sister was having major surgery in Fort Worth was the reason for my stay. I told them I did not know how long I would be staying. When I walked in my room I noiticed how dirty the carpet was but after a 7 hour drive I let it go. Took a shower & then realized how old & STAINED the towels & washcloths were. Tried to get on the internet & couldn't through Days Inn connection, finally did through Best Western connection. Got up the next morning & there was no coffee, creamer, sugar, nothing! Which was not good, the coffee pot was old & Nasty anyway........ Did ask for Coffee but gave up & bought instant coffee. At least the microwave worked.
After a long stressful day at the hospital Tuesday I arrived back at the Days Inn which was full of 10 to 12 year old kids in town for a tournament of some kind. Stood at the front desk for about 25 minutes while the kids parents were checking in. Gave up & went to my room, had to take 3 flights of stairs as the kids were playing on the elevator. Called the front desk & finally got an answer the third time. Told them I would need the room the next night & I was informed they were BOOKED!!?? What??? When I told them I did not know how long I would be staying!!! I have never had a motel do that. Never.
After not getting any sleep due to kids running up & down the hall till midnight I had to get up early the next morning & move to another motel before going back to Fort Worth.
I did call the desk about the kids several times but gave up & talked to them myself the fourth time they woke me up at midnight..............Where are the parents???????? Where are the people who run the place?????? When leaving I had to carry bags down the stairs, twice. couldn't get the elevator again.............Not impressed!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Amarillo
Reviewed March 27, 2009

They didn't provide the room I had been promised, twice, earlier in the week. Almost all the amenities (water/tea etc) promised on the rolling billboards were "out", and not replenished thruout the weekend.

WIFI was down Thursday nite, asked if it was going to be fixed and they said of course!! Well, they said the repair guy screwed it up worse and there was no way to get anyone in on the weekend. Never did have wireless internet, they just didn't want to PAY to get it up. I WOULD NOT have stayed there if I'd known that. When asked if they were going to offer anything off the bill for lack of wifi, they said "No, that's just an added service"!!!

One of those people, owner/worker/Dad or whoever, has the worst BO I've been near, maybe that's their thing? You certainly couldn't take a trip in the elevator for a few hours after him being in there. Wasn't an issue to unfortunately know where in the hotel he had been. This wasn't "working" BO, this was never taking a bath BO.

This motel has about 1/2 the needed parking area, then bring in people with pickups and trailers that park sideways and take up 5 spots, there's not 1/4 enough parking.

Just a start but I'll quit there.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank TexasTon
Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 12, 2008

I checked in, got to my room which even though it was a non-smoking room, wreaked of smoke from the surrounding rooms and hallways, and checked back out within 10 minutes. There was a badly stained luggage bench inside the door and multiple stains on the carpet. I didn't look any farther or undo the beds. I had seen enough.

• Liked — n/a
  • Disliked — uncleanliness
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
amarillo
Reviewed August 19, 2006

I never stayed at a days inn before, but was very impressed. the hotel was very nice and clean. I stayed here with my mother, child and 4 dogs. the service was great, beds were comfortable, and very friendly people. all our accomodations were met with a very friendly smile. I would definitly stay here again.

• Liked — the people were friendly
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Tips/Secrets — N/A