Candlewood Suites Decatur Medical Center
Ramada Decatur(Decatur)(Great Value!)
$52
$103
$91
Baymont Inn & Suites Decatur(Decatur)(Great Value!)
$85
$99
Americas Best Value Inn(Decatur)(Great Value!)
$46
Best Western Decatur Inn(Decatur)(Great Value!)
$58
Agoda.com
All reviewsfree laundrythe hotel offersfull size refrigeratorfront deskwise countygreat place to staypleasant staybed was comfortablepool and hot tubone nightpool areafirst floornice propertykitchenettehospitalproceduretexas
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The staff is helpful and very welcoming. I can tell they're happy that I'm staying there and have always done whatever they can to help out. The workout and laundry room is always open and the pool is a nice facility. The size of the fridge alone is enough to keep me there over other places in town.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jay H
BigJake48, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Decatur Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you so much for your response. We take pride in ourselves on being the best hotel in Decatur TX. We like to consider all of our guests part of the Candlewood family. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

My review stands but something odd. Around the entry way, lobby , store, gym of this place is trash...it almost looks planted. When I came in last night I just thought they had been super busy even though I didn't see any customers, this morning same story. Even though front desk workers just sitting there with nobody around. If I was sitting in this lovely place I would keep it clean. Maybe they get very low pay and this is their protest.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Dear Travel-Till-Ya-Drop,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I'd love to leave a raving review of this hotel simply to support the housekeeping staff. They do an amazing job. This hotel is immaculate. The ammenities are also remarkable. Unfortunately, the goodness ends there.

We stayed here with a group and were supposedly given a group rate. Only to find out later, we were given a rate about $45.00 MORE per night than a comparable group. (This information came from a slip of tongue by one of the staff members).

Furthermore, we were told by the sales manager, since our group was visiting due to a sports tournament, we could leave if our team lost on the day we lost. However, even when asking 48 hours in advance to remove a night from my own reservation, I was met with hostility and was told I could not just "walk up there and remove a night" from my reservation. This startled me. I have stayed at many hotels and have NEVER had a problem leaving early when giving notice (esp 48 hours!). Then, I found out other group members had been allowed to do what I was being denied.

Finally, when the sales manager "remembered" she had agreed to allow us to leave early, we thought the confusion was settled. Nope. On the day of our departure, when we lost and our team rep notified the hotel we'd be checking out, I went to the front dest as soon as possible to turn in my keys. I was informed (by one of the most unkind desk clerks I've encountered in the hotel business) I would be charged for that night because I didn't meet their deadline. WHAT?!?

After settling the matter, I began my travel home. The next morning, I checked my online banking and realized the hotel still had a hold on my account for over $300.00 more than what I owed. My bank said to simply have the hotel fax my receipt to them and they'd release the hold. This took me over three hours to attempt to resolve. AND I HAD TO CONTACT THEIR HEADQUARTERS just to persuade them to fax my receipt (which they NEVER ended up doing, by the way).

So, as much as I'd like to say I enjoyed my stay at Candlewood Decatur, the stress of dealing with their front desk staff and management far outweighed any pleasure. I would never recommend staying there unless you don't mind the tension and are looking for a fight.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cristal D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Decatur Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Dear criseaver,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you had a pleasant experience with our housekeeping staff. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not satisfied with your stay. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

We are pleased to see our Customer Care department has been in touch with you privately and has addressed your concerns.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 2, 2012

We choose to stay at Candlewoods cause it was close to the hospital. Staff was so friendly & helpful. The rooms were excellent (more than we expected). The front desk lady gave us a tour an we just couldnt believe there was a grill out back on the patio for the guest to cook out, an the rooms have a FULL size kitchenette. From now on when we have family come down to stay or if we just wanna get out i know to stay at CANDLEWOOD in Decatur, Texas

Room Tip: If you are looking for a home away from home...Candlewood's is the place!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2011

This motel was immaculate. So, I was disappointed when the front desk staff was indifferent, and unfriendly. The girl who checked us in on a Saturday afternoon never welcomed us or said two words.

The girl who checked us out Sunday morning never said thank you for staying there.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
BigJake48, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Decatur Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

Thank you for your comments and we appreciate and value your feedback. Be rest assured this will be brought to the attention of the Front Desk team. We hope you will visit Candlewood Suites Decatur again soon!!