“Nice, clean place to stay”

Hampton Inn and Suites Decatur
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Decatur
Reviewed October 18, 2013

If you're looking for a nice, clean place to stay, this Hampton Inn fits the bill. Even though it's a bit difficult to negotiate to the hotel location, it's worth the effort. Hotel is well appointed and staff is friendly and personable. Room is typical of other Hampton Inns. There is a restaurant named Yesterday's that is within walking distance that is excellent. All in all, a nice place to stay if you're passing through!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Sonny W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Decatur, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Dear KathyC5454,

Thank you for your response. We here at the Hampton Inn & Suites - Decatur, TX appreciate your candid feedback. Please accept my sincere apology regarding our location. There is a "back way" to our property. We are currently working on maps outlining this route and they will be available both at the front desk and on our new website (work on this new site is in progress). We continuously strive to exceed every guests expectations. If there is anything we can do to help facilitate your next stay, please contact us directly at the Hotel.

With best regards,

110 S US 287
Decatur, TX 76234

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I just completed a cross-country move/road trip. I enrolled in the Honors program and stayed at Hampton Inn/Suites whenever I could. The Hotels are consistently excellent in service, amenities and comfortable, well appointed rooms!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sonny W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Decatur, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear Carol L,

Thank you for your outstanding review. We take pride in providing every guest with friendly and efficient service at all times. I'm very pleased that you were able to experience our "Hamptonality" and do wish you come back and visit next time you are in our area.

Sonny Wimbelrey
110 S US 287

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Very clean, friendly staff. I was upgraded to a suite because I needed a first floor room and that is all they had left, no questions asked. This suite was sweet! The staff were very friendly on every shift and I had a great restful nights sleep, very little noise. I love this Hotel and stay here often, never had any problems.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your candid feedback and exciting review. I'm glad to know that our entire staff accommodated you during your stay and that we continue to exceed your expectations.
In the meantime, if there is anything we can do to help facilitate your next stay, please feel free to contact us directly.

110. S US 287

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We always stay at this Hampton when we are in Decatur at least 3 times a year for Car Shows/Swap Meets. It is always clean and the bedding is so comfortable. And all the employees are very helpful and concerned that your stay is the best it can be. It is located on top of a beautiful hill that you can see forever. Too bad the rooms on the backside dont have that advantage of the view. But we will continue to always stay here. Thanks.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Barbara F,

Thank you for your loyalty to our property. I can't express to you how excited I was to read this review. We take pride in providing all of our guests with friendly and efficient service. We value you as a guest and appreciate you recommending us to your friends and associates.

Thanks again,

Reviewed September 15, 2013

In Decatur for a family event and stayed one night at the Hampton Inn. The property is newer and we found it clean and comfortable as basic accommodation. They served a good - free - breakfast buffet with eggs, sausage and many kinds of baked goods and cerial. The computers in the business center were down, so the staff quickly offered to let me print off a needed document on their office computer. The location is central to the retail off 287. I would stay here again the next time in in the area.

Room Tip: If the same price, ask for a suite - 2x the space.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mike L,

Thank you for your candid feedback. I'm very happy to hear that we provided you with a good, balanced breakfast. I sincerely apologize that our business center computers were down during your stay. However, I am delighted to hear that our staff accommodated you and printed off the documents you needed. Thank you for your review. If there is anything we can do to further exceed your expectations in the future, please feel free to reach out to us directly.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I went to Decatur for a weekend getaway and chose the Hampton Inn Suites.I am so glad we did. The staff is warm, caring and professional. On the front desk, Wilma, Melissa, Torri and Cheyenne treated us like family and had excellent advise on restaurants and local things to do in the area. Velda oversaw a very good breakfast and never ran out of food like some other breakfast buffets. The hotel itself is attractive and clean. The rooms were spotless, quite and everything worked as it should. We really enjoyed the very well maintained pool and spa area. The exercise room was clean and the equipment was impressive. These people went above and beyond to make sure our trip was a wonderful experience. I have rarely been treated so well in any other hotel and look forward to going back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear tjmtx,

I'm delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites - Decatur. I will personally pass on your comments to each department. We strive to provide the best service and do everything we can to go above and beyond for each of our guests. It's comments such as these that make it all worth it. For that, I thank you. If there is anything we can do to facilitate your next stay, please contact us directly.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Excellant. I have stayed at other Hamptons that had better options for breakfast. They had scrambled eggs with ham which were cold. Would of like to had bacon and or sausage to go along with the eggs. Other than that a very nice buffet.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sonny W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Decatur, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Rosemary R,

Thank you for the honest review of the Hampton Inn & Suites of Decatur, Texas. I'm sorry that our "On The House Breakfast" did not live up to your expectations. I will personally address your comments with our culinary staff. I am, however, pleased to hear that you were satisfied by the overall experience during your visit.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.