“Great room, great staff”

Hampton Inn and Suites Decatur
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Decatur
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The Hampton Inn & Suites at Decatur was very nice. I stayed there with my husband and 1 year old daughter for a recent convention in the area. We had a king suite and the room was wonderful. It was big and roomy, which is nice with a child. The room was clean and the air conditioner worked well. The hotel staff members were very nice, and it was nice to have coffee available in the lobby. Nice little fitness room and indoor pool. Breakfast left something to be desired. I'd rate it as "ok" because it served its purpose. All in all, we'd stay there again! My only real complaint is the lack of an entrance on the Highway 380 side. The hotel is difficult to get into.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sonny W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Decatur, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Mindi K,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your positive feedback to the Tripadvisor community. Great to hear that our staff met and exceeded your expecatations. I sincerely apologize that our breakfast was a dissapointment to you. We look forward to having you and your family back next time you visit the Decatur area. Thank you!

(940) 627-4900

Reviewed July 23, 2013

A friend recommended Hampton Inn and we know WHY! Excellent experience in every aspect. Southern hospitality, exceptional comfort, perfect accomodations. We will definitely stay at Hampton Inn on future stays.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sonny W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Decatur, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear SheilaB,

Thank you for your nice review and I am happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites - Decatur. I will pass your delightful comments onto the entire staff.

(940) 627-4900

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I spent two nights at this Hampton Inn and was impressed at the excellent hospitality and personal approach. I was warmly welcomed and asked a number of times if there was anything they could do to help. The room was very clean and fresh. The A/C was running and the room was cool and inviting. The ladies in the breakfast bar were there each morning and helped me navigate my efforts at a healthy meal. The room was quiet and the bed was great. Without reservation, I highly recommend this Hampton Inn. On my next trip to Decatur, I know where I will stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Sonny W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Decatur, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear HGF639,

Thank you for your more than generous response. I'm very glad that you enjoyed your visit here. We take pride in providing top-notch customer service and hospitality to every guest. I will personally pass on your comments to the breakfast attendants.

Thanks again,

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We spent only one night at the Hampton Inn but loved it. We will go back!! Very clean. All the staff from the front desk, breakfast room, and housekeeping friendly and helpful. Very happy with our stay. Agree with James - it is a bit tricky to navigate getting to the hotel...especially after dark!! All this and reasonable!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 200 - roomy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Sonny W, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Decatur, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear Dkeg37,

Thank you for your high marks and nice feedback about all of us at the Hampton Inn & Suites - Decatur. Please accept my sincere apology that our location was hard to find after dark.

We value you as a guest and I do want you to know your concerns are our concerns.

940-627-4900

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Very nice facility with helpful staff. Very clean and close to restuarants. The enterance road off the highway frontage road is a bit of a trick to navigate, but otherwise no complaints about this facility. I did think that the price was a little high for this rural location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear James Y,

Thank you so much for your feedback, and we appreciate your review. We take pride in providing friendly and efficient service.

Please accept my apology for your inconvenience regarding our location.

940-627-4900

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Very friendly. Helped our entire family reunion get dinner reservations. Our family reunion uses this hotel every year for our reunion. Love it. Great people, friendly people always ready to help. Breakfast was good. Pool clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Nice place with clean, well kept rooms. Courteous and helpful staff. Easy check in. More than adequate breakfast. Nice pool. Good location. Was very happy with our stay. Easy access to hotel, on main road.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Decatur
Holiday Inn Express Decatur
#3 of 13 in Decatur
La Quinta Inn & Suites Decatur
Candlewood Suites Decatur Medical Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bridgeport

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Decatur? Share your experiences!