“Best Hampton...Ever.”

Hampton Inn and Suites Decatur
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Decatur
“Best Hampton...Ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is such a great place to stay while in Decatur! I frequently stay in Hilton hotels, and this is absolutely the best hotel, Hilton or not, that I have ever stayed in. The hotel was squeaky clean and had super comfy beds. Lobby and room designs were modern, fresh, and in good condition. Pool and exercise area was clean, well-kept, and not busy. The breakfast area has something for everyone. A special mention of the older woman who managed the breakfast area (cooking, cleaning, setting things out). Her friendliness made us feel as if we were in her own kitchen and she even brought warm cinnamon rolls to our table. Which were also fabulous. In Decatur? Stay here. No questions asked.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Decatur, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Thank you for your positive review, we deeply value your relationship with Hampton Inn and Suites and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service. I appreciate the comment on Ms. Velda, we believe she is a gem at our property. Please stop back by, you are always welcomed. Again, Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

As a road warrior who stays primarily at Hampton's, and someone who has stayed at this property a number of times, my experience here is always positive. First of all the staff are great, especially behind the counter. Rooms are nice, nothing great but nice and most importantly always clean. Bathrooms are well equipped and modern. Flat screen TVs with plenty of cable channels to pick from as well. I can't speak to the breakfast since I usually leave before breakfast is served.

Then only downside was as a diamond member I wish they did a better job of meeting my request for a 1st floor room. I don't understand why this isn't more of a priority. Really what does my status get me if they don't honor something as simple as that.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank vossler
Hampton76234, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Decatur, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Thank you for the positive review, we deeply value your relationship with Hampton Inn & Suites, and we are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best. I apologize the first floor was not available during your stay, as we try to honor our Diamond Members request. Thank you for being a loyal guest.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

This is a first class hotel. What a gem of a discovery in a small Texas town. The rooms are spacious and very clean. Evening staff is especially accommodating. Breakfast is very nice, has great presentation, even fresh fruit is offered! I would highly recommend this hotel!! Ask for an upper floor. The evening view is great!

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor -- the view is fabulous at night!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

We had a group come down from Amarillo for the swap meet and had reservations here for 2 nights. The rooms were very clean and bed was VERY comfy. The comp breakfast, was the best that I have ever had. Only a few things to complain abt. First, our whole group ended up down at the hot tub both nights and believe that it hadn't been cleaned or had any chemicals put in it in a while. Hence may be the reason we ALL ended up sick... Next, when I got my reciept it showed my total but when I checked my bank statement online, the transaction had gone thru for $25 more... I called the hotel and my bank, they both said it was the others fault. I have banked at the same place for almost 16yrs and from what my banker told me it made me feel that the hotel was the one at fault. Not a big deal cause it was credited back to me. Just an FYI....

Room Tip: Get a room on the front side of hotel as it has a better view... should be even number rooms
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Darrell S
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

I know this is a chain but I've always kind of steered clear of them because I thought their standards were low. I WAS WRONG! After walking out of a nightmarish B&B in the same town, I stumbled in here in the dark and was given their last room at a discount. The staff was friendly and kind, from the night clerk to the morning staff; the place was spotless and the room was gigantic (ask for room 122). Thank you Hampton Inn, for rescuing my trip! I won't ignore this chain as an option ever again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

This is a new Hampton property, well decorated in a modern theme, and our studio suite was large and spacious.

The check-in experience was perfect, and the clerk was very friendly and helpful. Several restaurants are located nearby. As other reviewers have mentioned, access to the hotel is only from the southbound service road.

An excellent, highly recommended choice for visitors to Decatur!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Defiance, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

A clean, new style HI&S, pleasant staff at 1am, standard breakfast, good location. Be warned you can only get to it from southbound, go north and use the turnback lane, with caution.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Decatur
Holiday Inn Express Decatur
Baymont Inn & Suites Decatur
Candlewood Suites Decatur Medical Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Decatur
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#3 of 13 in Decatur
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bridgeport

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Decatur? Share your experiences!