“Good food, good service”

Sweetie Pie's Ribeyes
Ranked #1 of 52 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had a great dinner with my son after a day of hiking LBJ Grasslands. I don't think that there is an unpleasant person in the town of Decature, everyone just seems happy and polite. The staff at Sweetie Pie's was no different. 9 oz ribeyes cooked to a perfect rare, green beans fresh and crisp, and the home cut fries just like I remember from my childhood in North Carolina. If you are in Decatur, definitely have lunch or dinner here.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We ate recently at Sweetie Pies. I had heard a lot about it. It was good, but it just didnt live up to the hype. Also the mens room is a one holer. If you need to wash your hands or us the restroom you may have to wait quite a while. Our server was great. We liked the food, but just didnt think it was great. We also thought it was a bit overpriced for being out in the country. I dont think we will be back.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This restaurant on Main Street is a great family place. I was immediately greeted at the door and seated with a young waitress ready to take my drink order before I even had a chance to take off my coat. I ordered grilled chicken strips and chose 2 sides - a dinner salad with their signature bacon vinigarette dressing and a "rosin" baked potato that is prepared by lowering a potato into a vat of boiling hot pine tree rosin and then wrapped in a brown paper for serving. You cannot eat the potato skin, but the potato is great. I also ordered pecan pie to go. Yum. They are famous for their ribeye steaks, too. Homemade yeast rolls were also served with the dinner. Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We had a long wait on Saturday evening, so we went back on Monday. It's a fun place, plus good food.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Went to Sweetie Pies in Decatur, Texas and for the first time in my life i had a chicken fried ribeye,,,it was delicious,,,very nice atmosphere there and their side orders and desserts are great!! If you are ever driving on Hwy 287 South going up towards Wichita Falls you need to go downtown Decatur and give Sweetie Pies a try,,,trust me you won't be sorry!