“Good location poor value”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Love Field
Ranked #41 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wichita, United States
“Good location poor value”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

The hotel is close to Love Field with van service (if you call for pick up inbound). The common areas and rooms have not been updated in several years. For the money shot around there must be better alternatives.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ThysJones, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Patrick M,
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor Survey. I am sorry we did not live up to your expectations, however, I am happy to let you know that we are schedule for a renovation in our guest rooms and corridors. We hope to see you next time your travels bring you back to Dallas. Have a great week!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Hendersonville, TN
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The bad:the hotel is older and showing it's age. Needs refreshing. Longer distance to the school than expected and peak times, traffic can be brutal and wrecks happen.
The good: picked me up at the airport, took us to SMU, and to northpark all without charging any extra except tips. One of the only hotels that offer that service. No need for rental car. Free breakfast and evening cocktails are offered. Pool is available. Wonderful staff. Always ask for SMU rate and see if they are still having a frequent stay program where one night would be free.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ville girl,
Thank you for your Trip Advisor Survey. I am happy to let you know that our hotel will be doing an renovation in the guest rooms and corridors very soon. We feel you will love the changes!
We hope to see you back when your travels bring you back to Dallas. Have a great week!
Helotes, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Old hotel, old beds. Good staff does not make up for it. The location is fair but when we checked in we were told to park our SUV with the back against the wall so they would not be targeted in the neighborhood as easily to get the seats stolen from the vehicle. This is right next to Love Field which does not look like a bad neighborhood but seems to be turning into little mexico rather quickly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear John B,
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor survey. I am glad that our staff was able to shine during your stay. I am happy to let you know that we are getting ready for an update our our guest rooms and public area. In regards to our location, we are always prudent when it come to the safety of our guests and their property. We hope you have a great week!
New Jersey
Reviewed March 5, 2014

When I arrived I parked my red mustang rental in the free of charge hotel open parking lot. I was immediately checked into my room 830. This Embassy Suite design and floor layout was a little different from most other Embassy Suite hotels, but, the suite rooms are basically the same with a separate bedroom and living room area. The bathroom is always in the middle. As a Hilton Honors Gold member, there was a letter from the hotel manager welcoming my visit, including my pre-selected snack and water bottle.

The nice things about Embassy Suites are the complimentary full cooked breakfasts and managers reception in the evening with snacks and cocktails.

My room cost was a reasonable $129 or $149 with taxes. I like Embassy Suites including this particular hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Tony J
Dear Tony J,
First, nice choice in rental car! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay withus. Embassy Suites is a great value for travelers. It allows you to stretch out and enjoy our hospitality. We hope to see you see you soon when your travels bring you back to Dallas. Have a great week!
Alpharetta, GA USA
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Same configuration as other embassey hotels. Breakfast was great, managers reception could use some upgraded food considering nightly rate (chips and salsa night one, carrots night two).

Room was clean but some wear in bathroom, needs minor touch up

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear jonk73,
As the new General Manager, I greatly appreciate your feedback on Trip Advisor. It allows me the opportunity to correct some of our deficiencies and make our hotel even better. I hope you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you back to Dallas. Have a great week!
Midland, Texas
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This hotel is very convenient to Dallas Love Field, The lobby area is very nice and the staff we encountered were all friendly and helpful. We ate two meals at the hotel and both were very tasty with very large portions. The suites haven't changed in years, but were clean. The bathroom in my suite could use some TLC, but overall it was okay. They advertise complimentary Wi-Fi to Hilton Honors members, which I am. I couldn't get it to work. I went to the front desk and the clerk admitted it's free only to Diamond level members. The cost for everyone else is $9.95/day. I declined and then she gave me the secret code. It didn't work either, but I really didn't need to access the internet, so I let it go. Other than that glitch, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jan542013,
As the new General Manager, I greatly appreciate your feedback on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and I am also happy to let yo know that we will be updating our suites very soon! We hope to see you next time your travels bring you to Dallas. Have a great week!
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Hotel rooms are huge! But many upgrades need to be done to the room... It has shown its old age. Rooms have a separate seating area and bedroom.

Breakfast is included which is nice. AMAZING omelet station!

Nice that the hotel is only 5 min from the airport!

Stayed February 2014
Dear Mueller1500,
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor survey. I am happy to tell you that we will be going through a guest room renovation soon. We hope that you will come back and let us show you our new look. Have a great week!