“Sweet Suites” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sauk Village, Illinois
“Sweet Suites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

This hotel is in close proximity to the Dallas Toll, Galleria Mall and more. A hotel of this size requires a large parking lot and they did not disappoint. Although the lot seemed to be crowded every night of my three night stay, it was not difficult to find a place to park. I walked in the door, exhausted from having to navigate for 55 miles in the worst rain storm I ever had to drive in for so many miles. The front desk staff was very empathetic to how I felt the evening of my check in. Within minutes I was given my room key to suite 715 of this eight floor hotel. The moment I walked inside the room I knew I was going to be comfortable during my three nights stay. Once I climbed into the bed, on the first night, I knew I was right. I was very comfortable on the cozy bed with pillow options.

Suite 715 has a large living room completely separate from the large bedroom. The size of the suite was equivalent to a 1 bedroom apartment. In the living room area there is a large picture window that allows you to look out onto the floor. Just outside of the room is the cat walk to all of the rooms that overlook the atrium and lobby. From every floor you can look over the railing to look up or down to every floor.

On our first night we ordered a meal from the hotel to avoid going back out in the storm. I ordered the salmon dinner with a side salad. Oh my... the salmon was wonderful! I enjoyed my entire meal, but the salmon was worth the price. During the morning the hotel offers a great complimentary breakfast. You can get eggs cooked to your liking along with a great assortment of food items. Everything that I ate was fresh and absolutely delicious. The eating area is set up outdoor cafe style. Some tables have umbrellas over them.

Since I can't travel without having to take care of a little business I had a chance to use the business center. The business center is equipped with two computers, a nice desk and ample room to maneuver and work from.

My overall experience I give this Embassy Suites a very big two thumbs up. From your happy traveling travel agent ~ Beverly Colar-Credelle

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ThysJones, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

All of the staff was helpful and friendly! Beds were VERY comfy and clean, bathroom was clean and nicely stocked. "Living room" area was also very clean and comfy. We didn't have any problems at all and the staff asked us every time they saw us if there was anything they could do for us. Wonderful stay!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

MWalzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking some time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. Our entire team and I take great pride in providing a great experience. I will be sure to share your comments with our team and specifically those that made sure your stay was comfortable and relaxing. I hope we have a chance to be of service to you again soon!

chicago, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Embassy Manager Mr. Inmar Fuentes, action and conversation was very disrespectful and extremely rude, nor was he accommodating for the hotel error. Changing shuttle service left 4+ women at the Dart Station, w/o transportation, at 11:10pm. He wasn’t concern and very discourteous to us! He told us he was very busy and call a cab! We had to call him back, several times, because there wasn't any cab posting at the Dart. If we had known, Dallas events planners had many cabs, limo services at the American Airline Center, along with Police officers and well lighted and protected Dart Victory station stop. As a matter of fact they were asking if you had rides back to your accommodation. We left the mega fest early w/o finishing the concert because the driver told us that 12:00pm was his last trip to the Dart to p/u passenger.No notices were posted and the driver themselves obviously wasn't advised, or else they wouldn't have made the statement above. It was very dangerous for us to be at the station by ourselves; especially, we had left a much secured area, could have gotten services at the Victory station at the American Airline Center, had we known that we wouldn't have transportation earlier!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

MWalzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear PatriciaD,

We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I would like to personally apologize for the misunderstanding and confusion with the shuttle service times. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

The checkin was very fast and friendly. They were booked too. The room was clean and comfortable, the atmosphere is professional. The shuttle service was outstanding, but you have to call for them to pick you up at the airport (in the afternoon). It is minutes away from Love Field, and nice and quiet.

Room Tip: I had a room on the second floor, which I thought would be noisy, but I was in the corner and had a...
Green Features: They are well posted and fit seamlessly into your stay. In other words, they make it easy to be green, you don't have to "suffer" to be green.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear commfixer,

Thank you for the great review of your experience. We appreciate your business and are so pleased that you found the hotel to be comfortable and productive. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for a future trip to the Dallas area!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Came to Dallas for a wedding, and Embassy Suites was one of the hotels suggested. The Positives are the excellent shuttle service. Thanks to drivers Napoleon and Richard! They were always happy to pick you up at Love Field, ferry you to Northpark Mall (gorgeous), restaurants, or the train station. I did not need to rent a car, which was great. The breakfast is excellent! It is crowded later in the morning, but if you don't want to sleep in, there will be plenty of empty tables early in the morning. Even later in the morning there are still ample selections available, and tables open up often. Customer service is friendly and efficient, and check-in was a breeze. The restaurant is nice, and prices are reasonable. The atrium and lounge are very nice.
Sorry, some negatives now. Cleanliness is spotty. One day the only cleaning that took place in my room was emptying the trash cans. The bed was not made, the blanket was not folded, dirty towels were still in the bathroom. However, the tip I left was picked up. I don't think the room or halls were ever vacuumed in the five days I was there. Very disappointing.
The Positives outweigh the Negatives however, and I would recommend and return. Another Positive: the people of Dallas are great!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MWalzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear HRSusan,

Thank you for taking the time to share a candid review of your experience. Our entire team takes your comments seriously, as it helps the hotel improve our services and operations. I would like to personally apologize that the cleanliness of your guest suite was not up to our standards. I can assure you that we will follow up with our team to ensure that future guests are not disappointed as you were.

I am pleased to hear that your encounters with the staff were positive, and I will be sure to recognize Napoleon and Richard for their great service, as well as the team at the Front Desk, and our Food and Beverage team for their impact on your experience as well.

I hope the positives outweigh the negatives, and that we have an opportunity to serve you again, and demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.

San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We gathered for a big family event and it was the perfect location (fast food foodies were close to their favorites); great lobby to sit and talk with family; really great breakfast, and big rooms - big enough to accommodate the entire family. We'll do it again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

MWalzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear JuanT,

Thank you for your comments about your stay. We are fortunate to have a great location, near Love Field, and central to many of the attractions that Dallas has to offer. We enjoyed hosting your family look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when you return to our area.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed for two nights in this hotel and were very impressed by the staff. They collected us from the airport in the shuttle, took us to the Frontiers of Flight Museum and then collected us, took us to the train station and then collected us, took us to the car rental and then, when we returned our car two weeks later, collected us from the car rental. Nothing was too much trouble. Chelsea, the receptionist, was very helpful. We enjoyed the breakfast and the evening reception. Renovations were taking place when we were there but did not inconvenience us. Our room had a great view of the airport and was clean and comfortable. We would certainly stay there again if we return to Dallas Love Field.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HandH77
Dear HandH77,

Thank you for your great review of the hotel. I am pleased that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay. I will be sure to recognize our team, especially our drivers and Chelsea for the impact they had on your experience. We take great pride in the level of service our team provides. I look forward to welcoming you back if your travels bring you back to the Dallas area.