“Easy access to the metroplex, nice business trip hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Love Field
Ranked #46 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
“Easy access to the metroplex, nice business trip hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was a return trip to the Embassy Suites Dallas Love Field. The hotel is in a nice residential area & has good restaurants nearby. It is also very close to Love Field airport, and all the major highways you'll need to get around the metroplex. The hotel is nice and parts of it have been updated. There's a very good complimentary breakfast in the morning, as well. Not a fancy hotel or one I'd probably stay in for a vacation, but a great business trip stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
MWalzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear AllieT,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment about your recent experience! We appriciate the feedback, and are pleased that you found the hotel to be convienent for your business needs. We strive to provide an expierience that is both comfortable and convienent for your needs. We look forward to your next business trip to our area.

Mike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I used to live within 1 mile of this hotel. If you are a runner, you have a running path around Bachman Lake just outside of your door. However, this hotel has a few hidden gems that you may not know about. The shuttle service will take you to almost any location within 5 miles. This can save you serious cash. It also picks you up at Love Field airport. Once again saving on the taxi fares. You get a fresh made egg dish and pancakes for breakfast and cocktails in the evening. The area is more residential than shopping area but it is very quiet.,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
ThysJones, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for your comments.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed here with my kids. Upon entering the hotel to check in around 3:00 p.m., we were greeted by a wall of cigarette smoke. This hotel permits smoking in some guest rooms. And it is an atrium hotel, like every other Embassy Suites I've stayed in. As a result, the fumes move from the smoking rooms and into the central atrium. We live in a city that prohibits smoking in all buildings, including hotels, and we usually travel places that have the same types of ordinances. It was really unpleasant. We were in a non-smoking room and did not notice a smoke smell in the bedroom portion of the suite. But it was somewhat noticeable in the living room, which opens to the atrium. And in the atrium, it is overwhelming. Other than the smoke issue, the hotel is fine and is very quiet. Unless they switch to 100% non-smoking, I will look for other accommodations on my next trip to Dallas.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TejasJuez
Thank you for your comments.
NIagara Falls, ON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This goes back a few years to my first visit to Dallas. We chose this location because I'm a Hilton employee and got a fantastic rate, but the real value was the quality of the hotel, cleanliness and service. Our housekeeper was friendly and remembered our names over our 3 night stay. Food in the restaurant was good. It was further from the stadium and downtown than we expected so spent more on cabs than we anticipated. Cowboys lost that weekend but the way we were treated is what we remember.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
MWalzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Theguyfrom,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience of our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed the hotel, the food, and our service. Our team prides themselves on providing excellent service that creates happy and loyal guests to our hotel. While our location is a little further from Cowboy’s stadium, it does give you easy access to both Arlington and Downtown Dallas. I hope that we have an opportunity to have you as a guest again for your next trip to Dallas.

GO COWBOYS!!

Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have stayed here a couple of times now, once was for the Tx vs OU game in October. It is one of the older embassy suites in the area, or appears to be anyhow. It isn't as sprawling as some of the newer ones. That said, there isn't anything wrong here either. Rooms are a little dated but personally I don't need 5 star accomodations at an embassy suites. I stay at ES for a few reasons, i am a hilton honors member, the cocktail/managers reception and the included breakfast which is very good at this hotel, in fact of all the ES's i have stayed at the breakfast here is better than the rest. If you need a place to stay for a night or two don't hesistate to book this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank soonercountry
MWalzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear soonercountry,

Thank you for taking a moment to let us know about your recent experience. Will we be seeing you for the TX/OU game in two weeks? It's always a great weekend! I will be sure to pass you comments on to our breakfast team. They pride themselves on providing a tasty cooked-to-order breakfast. Thank you for choosing our hotel, and we look forward to seeing you on your future trips to the Dallas area!

Salem, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Embassy Suites offer great value with free full breakfast and free happy hour. We were there for college football, the place was very crowded and lively. Enjoyed the fitness room and the amenities. The hotel was clean and most staff was friendly and helpful. Not the greatest location, but it was so brutally hot outside it didn't matter. Inside was the place to be. Con- slow elevator.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 33rainbow,

Thank you for taking a moment to let us know about your recent experience. Yes, it can be very busy in the hotel on football weekends. While we aren't right on the highway (you don't have to deal with the noise), we are convenient to Dallas Love Field Airport, and easy access into Downtown Dallas. I am pleased to hear that you had an opportunity to enjoy our Managers Reception and the cooked-to-order breakfast, it is a great value and tasty too! Thank you for choosing our hotel! We look forward to your next trip to the Dallas area!

florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I am avHilton Honors Gold Member and as a surprise booked a trip to Dallas to celebrate my birthday and visit my special cousin who I had not seen since 1987.I first called my cousin who ironically lives within 10 min of the hotel She checked it out and said a good location and nice appearance of the atrium .The clerk though could have been friendlier but I said to my cousin to stay there as I would call the clerk to make my reservations.Upon airport arrival I called and within 15 min the shuttle was there with Richard the friendly driver Checkin was great had opted out of doing the Early on line Checkin .My room on the 8th floor perfect with view of the almost forest view and the airstrip never heard the planes.The room spacious beds comfortable slept peacefully with no doors slamming air worked great clean bath and comfortable living areaThe elevators worked perfect and fun to ride while enjoying the atrium with the fountain and greenery .Comfort of sitting during the day quiet and strolling the path behind I even worked out in the exercise room after consuming the made to order omelets each morning.The clerks at the desk accommodating in direction to do and printed out not by request the train into town where the shuttle driver dropped us off and picked us up.As far as restaurants the hotel restaurant the best as would be suggested by the clerk but the shuttle willing to take you 5 miles to a slew of restaurants was a plus I introduced myself to the Mgr Jessica and said all was great .I did not mention the pool being a former pool service manager as I see the unseen and no matter what you can't please everyone Commercial pools are difficult to maintain especially indoors But the pool was in use as was the spa A rating of 5 is a plus believe me

Room Tip: My room 813 and yes 13 was not my favorite number met my expectation above and beyond