“HIlton Anatole is nice, but a little on the pricey side for what it is”
Review of Hilton Anatole

Hilton Anatole
Ranked #35 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed May 15, 2007

I stayed here overnight a few weeks ago. I like the Hilton family of hotels, am a member of their HiltonHonors club, and am usually pleased.

This hotel is very nice, but I'm not sure that it is that much nicer than some that are less expensive. I was upgraded to a junior suite which had plenty of room, a very comfortable king bed, and a decent sitting area. The bathroom was a little small.

The hotel itself is very clean and pretty. I stayed in the Atrium wing which is very open and airy. The hotel is also massive.

All of the staff were exceedingly friendly and I have no complaints about the stay.

I do have one gripe about the Hilton chain in that they charge for internet at all of the high end hotels, unlike the Wyndham, etc.

I would highly recommend the Tex-Mex restaurant in the hotel. I am somewhat of a foodie, and was very, very pleased with the food, the service and the margaritas.

Overall I would recommend the Hilton Anatole, and would highly recommend it if you can get a deal.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank RBTexas
There are newer reviews for Hilton Anatole

Reviewed May 5, 2007

I have been frequenting Dallas on business recently and have stayed here three times over the past two months. Have previously stayed at the Magnolia (the place is needs new leadership and a face lift) and the Embassey in Addison (OK for business). The Anatole is massive with two buildings and another separate fitness club building. I am Hiton Diamond but tend to be frank. The rooms I have stayed in were all upgrades including two suites. Rooms have been massive, clean and consistent with my Hilton experiences. Bathrooms are small but all functional. Executive lounge is a misnomer. Bars are well stocked and there are plenty of them. Ate one night at Nana's and if you are on a corporate expense account, go for it. If not, ask the concierge for help. Good solid place to stay just outside the downtown area.

Stayed: May 2007
2  Thank kiddogo
Reviewed March 4, 2007

I stayed from 3/2-3/4 in the tower and it was one if not the worst hotel room experience I ever had. I asked for a kingsize room and was given a room with two at most full size beds. I was on hold for room service for 13 minutes only to be told that it would be 50 minutes to get the food.

The room and bathroom both had wallpaper peeling off. The bathtub was PLASTIC and the bottom slippery and dangerous. The toliet took two flushes each time to work.

The food was fair and the service was ok.

I have stayed in everything at meetings from Red Roof Inn's and AmericaSuites to Westins, Ritz's and Mandarin Orientals. I can only descirbe the room with one word GROSS.

I called asking for a change of room to the type I asked and was told that I probably would not do better because this room was special and on the Executive Lounge Floor. Wow, I felt so touched and honored!

I absolutely would not get anywhere near that hotel ever again. I just wanted a room with normal amenities, a bathtub that was not PLASTIC and beds that were the size I had been promised when i made the reservations.

Proceed with caution!!

Stayed: March 2007
4  Thank RichieRichPhilly
Reviewed March 1, 2007

Guest rooms could use a little overhaul. Beds were comfortable, but some areas of room/ bathroom were a little shabby. Room was a decent size with nice double-sink vanity area in bath. Hotel is very large. Service was good by all staff. Friendly. Good food at several of the bar/restaurants.

1  Thank travelmutt1
Reviewed February 20, 2007

I'm an Hilton Honor's Diamond VIP as well as a Marriott Platinum member, so I've stayed in my fair share of hotels. The ONLY saving grace for this hotel is that I had free usage of the racketball courts next door at the Verandah Club and Spa, but this was only due to my status. Checkin at the tower was quite lengthy, especially when half the people in line were returning with card keys not working (some had mentioned that they had to return up to 5 times!). The first night I was put in a room on the 26th floor of the Executive Tower, but in a room that had two doors to connecting rooms, which I dislike and which became very apparent why at around 1am in the morning. Suffice it to say, there was a travel agent convention at the hotel and they had a Las Vegas night, the woman next door obviously had too much to drink and took the Vegas slogan of "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" to heart and applied it to Dallas. Let's just say that she "met" someone at the convention and the connectng door was so thin I thought I had an adult movie playing on the television. The first thing in the morning I requested a new room and requested that they get me a new room and move my suitcase and 2 shirts in the closet, when I returned that evening I found that my request wasn't followed and I had to move my own things. Instead of giving me a key to the new room and let me move my things right then, I had to go retrieve my luggage, drag it all back down to the registration desk, wait in line again, get the new room key, then drag my belongings up to my new room. Then I find out that my room preferences on my Hilton Honor profile (non-smoking room, high floor, away from elevator, king size bed) were completely ignored and I was placed in a room next to the elevator on the 4th floor with double beds. The only saving grace about the double beds and pillows was that they were much more comfortable than the King size bed on the Executive floor. The internet was sub-par, keep in mind that I utilize the high speed access in hotel rooms as part of my job, the first night it took at least an hour to successfully go through the charge screens (yes, they charge Diamond members) and connect to the internet. And unlike all other hotels that I stay at, there were no directions available regarding the outgoing smtp server to be used for the mail client. Forget the support number they give you, I called and asked specifically for the outgoing server and either they didn't know what it was or they refused to give it to me. Oh yes, if you should have access to the Executive Lounge and are not on the upper executive floors, you have to request access to the Executive Lounge, it's not a given. If this is the treatment they give a Hilton Honors Diamond VIP member, I would not want to be a guest with a lower status. Both the hotel rooms and Verandah Club are very tired and need a major refurbishing. I would not recommend this hotel to the casual nor business traveler. As with mentioned by another poster, it appears that the Hilton Garden Inn next door is newer and probably not as tired. For Marriott members, there is a Renaissance close by as well.

7  Thank travelerNSD
Reviewed February 9, 2007

I stayed at the Hilton Anatole for a large group meeting. The entire hotel is very clean and well-updated and all of the food during the meetings/dinner was excellent. My largest concern was that the walls in the rooms in the atrium area were paper thin; I was able to hear the man next to me and his coughing/sneezing, etc. One of the nights during my stay the man apparently had the stomach flu, for I heard vomiting during the entire night. The front desk staff moved me without hesitation which I was grateful for. I would recommend a corner room, as you cannot hear the other guests around you. Overall, a very nice place to stay when you are far away from home.

1  Thank juniper1
Reviewed February 4, 2007

My company booked about 50 rooms for a trade show in town and held meetings in the hotel. I stayed there five nights and enjoyed my stay very much. The hotel is large and luxuriously comfortable. The bed is as good or better than Westin's. The pool and hot tub was great. The staff was eager to please, the bell captains and bell hops were prompt and courteous, the wait-staff in the Terrace and La Esquina restaurants were very good. The service and set up in the 27th Floor Honeysuckle and Rambling Rose rooms was awesome with a very nice custom-made ice sculpture and buffet service (great shrimp!).
When I set up for a presentation in the Emerald Room, the hotel technical support team went above and beyond the call of duty in helping me set up my projector with their screen and their sound system.

The only mishap of the week was on check-in when the desk wrote the wrong room number on my key slip, which caused delays in delivery of my luggage and presentation materials to my room. Fortunately, the bell captain took care of my things and all was well.

The only improvement I could suggest would be that they hire a few more bell hops. If you are in a hurry, plan ahead or expect to wait a while for luggage pickup.

Stayed: February 2007