Hilton Anatole
$169
$189
$184
3,759 results
All reviewsasian artberlin wallmedia grillswim up bartower roomthe executive loungehuge hotelbeautiful hotelself parkinghealth clubconvention hoteloutdoor poolfitness centerbusiness conferenceclose to downtowndallas arealove field
Reviewed November 21, 2006

My wife and I recently spent one night at the Hilton Anatole following an event. Our stay was neither particularly good, nor particularly bad. It was just kind of flavorless...

The hotel is HUGE. So huge, in fact, that there are two separate buildings. I would recommend not parking your car until you check in to determine which one you are in so that you can park accordingly (self park at $15/night is not what I would call cheap, either). But what I found most surprising is that for such a huge hotel, there is virtually no staff. There were a few valet guys lurking out front, but other than that, it was pretty much desk staff only. As we headed to the elevator, I overhead someone asking for the concierge only to be informed that "the desk is not always staffed." And this is a Hilton? Hmmm.

Our room was on the big side. The furnishings were pretty standard - a desk, a couch and coffee table. The bed, however, was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have slept on in a long while. The pillows were exquisite. The A/C was a little wonky as it was either stuffy or frigid. There was not really an in between temperature.

In keeping with the theme of no staffing, there was only one desk personnel for checkout. On a Sunday morning, nonetheless. Are you kidding me...? After waiting in line for 10 minutes, I gave up and returned to the room to do the expedited phone checkout. Turns out this was the wrong decision. Our $3.00 of mini-bar purchases were charged as $10.78 to my credit card. Looks like I will be calling the hotel to sort it out.

So in total, the Anatole is a good value for (near) downtown Dallas, but do not expect the level of service a hotel of this caliber should deliver. If you keep your expectations low, you will not be disapointed.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 2BAnonymous
Reviewed October 2, 2006

I got a great deal on Hotwire, and then read the reviews on Tripadvisor. I was expecting the worst.

I spent three weeks at this hotel 20 years ago, and found it still to be grand and unique. OK, so some of it is a little tired, but all things considered, it's in outstanding shape. I could not find anything wrong with my room in the tower, and the view of downtown was unbeatable. You should understand that this is a convention hotel, so whoever is in town will basically have the run of the place. There are several restaurants and bars. The outdoor gardens and lawn out towards the fitness facility are still beautiful. I thought the service was very good and friendly, and I was told that since Hilton took over from Wyndham, things have vastly improved. Keep in mind that self-parking is $15 a day, as is the fitness facility (although you can get a special price for multiple days.)

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank SteveBazakas
Reviewed September 21, 2006

This used to be a really nice hotel, but it has slid recently. The rooms are still decent, but the air conditioning is brutal.The hotel's staff said there is nothing they could do about it. The beds are fine, the bathroom is great, the television sets could use an upgrade. Charging for outdoor parking is a new one on me too. All the other hotels in the area do not charge for parking, so why should the Anatole, especially when its outside. This is no longer a four star hotel as I've stayed at three star hotels who put this property to shame. Definitely not worth the money they're charging.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank wdharrington
Reviewed August 20, 2006

This hotel is basically a large ship without a rudder. Due to my companies policy's I've stayed at this hotel many times since it was converted from a Westin (I think) and each time is a challenging experience. I'm a Diamond member and every time I check in I have to tell them my number at the front desk. My issues have been everything from no internet connectivity, internet is free one week and according to the front desk not the next, the TV cable box did not work, loud banging doors around my room, the front desk staff forgot to give me my conceirge card, my room key would not open the parking lot gates. One week I couldn't even enter the parking lot due to the gate not working. My advice; pay a few bucks more and stay somewhere else or go next door to the Hilton Garden Suites.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank HiltonHonorsLifetime
Reviewed August 11, 2006

I am a frequent traveller and former Hilton Diamond member so I've seen lots of their properties. This was about as bad an expereience as I have had in 20 years of travelling. This large, noisy, convention hotel could not get anything right during my stay. The free internet service in my room did not work but I somehow got charged $10/day for it anyway, the drain in the shower was clogged, and bathroom lights didn't work. Finding a concierge to get directions to a local restaurant was a major task and when I found him, he was too busy to help me so I ended up using his pc to locate the restaurant on the internet (at least his network connection worked), and printing the directions myself. The employees were pleasant enough to deal with when I talked to them but didn't seem to have a clue about customer service. The manager gave me a gift certificate for a free night's stay if/when I come back to Dallas. I think I'll give it away to someone I don't like much....

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business