“Good service and good location”
Review of Hilton Anatole

Hilton Anatole
Ranked #33 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
texas
“Good service and good location”
Reviewed November 16, 2009

We went to dallas me, my daughter and my hubby . So, decided to stay over in this hotel. It was very nice and clean hotel. Staff is very good and polite. Service is good. Awesome .....

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (681)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 1, 2009

Stayed here for a business conference. My friend dropped me off at the Tower entrance, and later I discovered that there is more cab traffic by the Atrium side where more people tend to check in (there are 2 different check in areas). I was in luck though because the Tower side apparently features more renovated rooms. I enjoyed a very restful stay with clean, modern, and nicely appointed room, while my colleagues who arrived separately and checked in on the Atrium side complained about noise and thin walls. The downside to staying on the Tower side is that it is a longer walk if your conference activities are on the Atrium side. On the upside, it is a closer walk to the outdoor campus area and the Verandah club and fitness area, and closer to one of the chic hotel lounge bars called Gossip Bar. The Verandah club and fitness area is a rip off for charging $17 a day for a daiy entrance fee to the gym - there are slight discounts though for 2 day/3 day passes. Another rip off is that the business center charges a minimum $7.95 for access to their computers, so you cannot expect to print your boarding pass for free here. Diamond and above members can get in free though. Another downside to the hotel is that it is not walkable to anywhere interesting, and you have to get a cab ride about 10 minutes to the Uptown area.

Boston
Reviewed October 26, 2009

I agree with other reviewers that the hotel is nice but expensive.

Dallas is a city known for large open spaces and huge parking lots; it, therefore, surprised me that the Anatole would charge for 20/day (similar to the W in New York City) to park despite the fact that the neighboring hotels do not charge. Also as has been mentioned, why is that only expensive hotels charge for the Wi-Fi? In perhaps a more disturbing trend in "luxury" hotel Nickel and Diming practices, it seems that it has now become common to charge for entrace into the Health Club to use poorly maintained treadmills.

Positives about the hotel include the nice lobby, serene outdoor space and comfortable rooms.

I guess these hotels need to pay for their nice art in some way, but I would prefer them to include it in the room rate and then provide excellent service rather than gouge certain clients. My advice is to save 40 dollars and stay at the Hilton Garden Inn or Sheraton or Best Western next door and get free Wi-Fi and Parking.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed October 24, 2009

I arrived early evening and check-in was quick and easy. I entered the atrium section of the hotel and my room was located in the tower, another building though completely connected by a series of lobbies. The lobby area is immense - everything really is bigger in Texas! The public areas are filled with spectacular art work from the Far East, tastefully and skilfully placed all over the place.

My room was very quiet and all finishes were to a very high standard. One thing I found odd, however, was that I was in an interior room. It had a window but that looked into the hall so you would never open the drapes. I was there for 3 nights and lived with it but if I had been staying longer, I would definitely have found it claustrophobic. I really should have been told of this at check-in. It was a very long walk back from the tower to the desk. Now I know that I would never book an interior room on a cruise ship.

Ate in a hotel restaurant in the atrium area on the first night and had a $22.00 hamburger. The waiter seemed bothered to have to wait on our table of 3 and brought the cheque without asking if we were interested in dessert. We told him to separate it into 3 separate cheques and he rolled his eyes. The tip reflected the service.

Used cabs several times and the guys at the door were very good at fetching cabs but they always offered a limo first. Finally told the guy I wanted the cheapest way to get downtown and he called a regular cab. Maybe I look wealthy?

A really great hotel if you don't mind just staying at the hotel (there is nothing within walking distance). I would stay there again but would definitely check last-minute prices as we met people who paid half what we paid, and we booked months in advance.

Salem, Oregon
Reviewed October 20, 2009

While at a conference mid-October, I was pleased with Asian art displayed throughout, comfortable bed, nice room, excellent wait staff for meals, courteous desk and concierge staff, pleasant sculpture garden w/track and 24th floor bar w/great view and light dinner options from the upscale Nana restaurant next door.
I was disappointed that this hotel:
--Switched my group's rooms from the (quiet) Tower to the (busy, sometimes noisy) Atrium, even though I made reservations over 10 mo. ago and specified Tower rooms.
--Has NO free wi-fi or Internet connection. Even inexpensive hotels like Holiday Inn Express provide free wi-fi!
-Is on the outer edge of urban sprawl, and the only place to walk or run outdoors is the short track in the garden. The Fitness center with its Olympic size pool is expensive, and the pool inside the hotel is too small for laps. The large outdoor pool opens at 8 AM--too late for conference attendees.
--Doesn't provide free airport shuttle. (DFW Supershuttle service is $17 + tip per person each way.) No shuttles to downtown; you must take expensive taxis. I would recommend staying in a centrally-located hotel so that you can explore some of the city on foot, walk to restaurants and have access to the DART train and Dallas bus system.

Utah
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Just stayed there for two nights at a national conference. The food was great and banquet staff was attentive... but watch out for the front desk employees. When I inquired about "free" wireless internet service to check-in on-line for my return flight, I was told it was $11.95. I said I didn't need the in-room access, just wireless in the lobby would do... still $11.95. I tried to inquire about using a computer in the business center... denied. I politely said, "Would you please let your manager know that internet access in the lobby is expected and not to much to ask for." The recieved reply was, " We have other services, like a bell service." Funny, I don't need help with my 'carry' on.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank orangeboots
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed October 11, 2009

Hotel is like a mini city with multiple bars, stores, and restaurants. You don't have to leave the facility for anything. It was a nice experience. One of the best places I've stayed with great customer services.

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business