“Conference Hotel”

Ranked #35 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
Kennedale, Texas
“Conference Hotel”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

The hotel was very lovely with nice art work that you can take a tour from your smart phone. The conference rooms were a little on the warm side this trip. The food everywhere was wonderful...even the little café for prepackaged food that they made on site. Loved the hand washing salts in the restrooms! Didn't like our waiter at SER restaurant, but the view was very nice. The room was big with two sinks in the bath!!! If you want to eat outside of the hotel, you will need to get a taxi as there are none within walking distance. I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (704)
  • Korean first
calgary
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I stayed for a week at the anatole so I got a really good feeling for this property. My husband was there for a conference and we added a few days for relaxation. The positive first. The grounds are very nice and I sat out in the green area or by the pool almost everyday. It has a little walking path that i took advantage of. (i was surprised by how many people will sit all day in a conference and then come outside and sit for 15 minutes on their break instead of actually WALK around the grounds-anyway that's just an aside). The fitness center is a great facility and i used it about 4 times, the staff were always polite, and there was always equipment available. The artwork in this hotel is amazing and is worth taking a look at. I found the location to be okay for heading out to outlets and shopping and restaurants.

Negatives, We stayed on the concierge floor and it was nice to access that room for an easy breakfast but we found most (not all) of the staff there unhelpful and quite frankly lacking in customer service. In comparison say to the houstonian staff in their concierge room its night and day. IT really should be call a snack room not a concierge room. On a few occasions we actually had to go down to the lobby to get assistance for itinerary suggestions. Our check-in was a joke. She told us our room number and that's it. I think she was about 12 years old. This is a huge hotel with meeting rooms and different wings. We had to go hunt out a map ourselves on the first day to find our way around. The room itself was presentable enough (we stayed in the tower) but it adjoined another room ( i was told that almost all do) this meant that we could hear the man in the other room on the phone, his tv etc. for 3 nights he kept us awake playing the tv at 4am LOUD when I guess he couldnt sleep. The other nights were okay so it totally depends who you are next to as those adjoining doors let in all the sound.I found that housekeeping cleans all the rooms that are checking out first so they wouldn't make it to my room until about 2pm. This is okay if you are out all day but for me I would go out in the am, and workout then go to the pool. I wanted to return to my room at the hottest part of the day and relax but that's usually when housekeeping was there. There is no tag to request your room to be made up which i would have put out as soon as I left in the am. The only day they managed to come early was the morning of our checkout. Even though checkout is at 11am and we had arranged and extra hour the pounded on the door at 8am "HOUSEKEEPING" really sucked. I didnt put the Do not disturb because the entire week they never made it there till afternoon so it didn't dawn on me but you think they'd give you until checkout. The wifi in this hotel is not included which i find for a business hotel ridiculous. Its free on the concierge floor and it was free on the main floor with the conference but heaven forbid you should able to us it in your room! Even after paying for it, we found it glitchy and hard to hook up to and a pain in the butt if you wanted to hook up 2 devices like a cell phone and laptop. this required another set of hoops to jump through. Really hilton, add $10 to the cost of the room and include it and make it seamless. IT was so annoying each and everyday. And last but not least the customer service in this hotel is entirely lacking. Its really poor from the front desk, the concierge floor and the people at the front of the hotel that watched you with all your luggage but never actually opened the door for you. After all that i guess i would say some parts of the hotel were worth it but some parts were an epic fail giving it a somewhere in the middle review

Room Tip: the views from the room were nice, the higher up the better
Brooklyn, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The hotel lobby and other inside areas are stunning. Beautiful furniture and outstanding artwork. The rooms (in particular the bathrooms) are a little bit of a let-down compared to the common areas, which exude such a feeling of luxury. The sculpture garden is wonderful and so beautifully maintained. The outdoor pool area in comparison looks neglected and you feel like you're stepping into another property when you enter from the garden. I think it could be spruced up a little. Overall, I recommend this hotel and would stay again.

San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Hotel is lovely but it seemed like I had to walk forever to get to my meetings. Bring comfy shoes if you are there for a meeting. Not sure it's a location I would pick for liesure travel, location isn't great and the hotel seems very corporate. I liked the art work!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
lake orion
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Room not cleaned after calling twice. I spoke with James the manager on staff to report the issue. It was nine p.m. and all I wanted was coffee and toiletries brought to me. He called me back and wanted to review with me the time I left my room, how long I was gone whether I had the do not disturb on the door etc., etc. I just wanted shampoo and coffee! I was there on business and my colleagues room, right next to mine, was not cleaned either. The hotel itself has so many amenities it is a shame my visit was spoiled by bad service.

Matt H, Manager at Hilton Anatole, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate that you chose to stay with us during your business travels to Dallas. We regret that your room was not serviced during your stay and appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We apologize that it was not handled to your satisfaction and we're working on improving our operations. Please feel free to contact us directly if you would like to discuss your concerns and we hope you'll consider giving us another chance to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Even though I stayed down the street at the Marriott Suites, I know I am qualified to write this review because I spent all my conference time at this Hotel and helped with a hospitality suite. FIRST: This is the only large hot I have been to where the artwork was like going to museum. Truly an incredible collection and even I goi did not stay there, worth it to have a drink and just wonder around. Lots of very big meeting rooms and ballrooms. Maybe the biggest surprise, no one complained about the buffet lunches feeding fat moving long lines of convention goers. It is rare to hear someone say that their lunch was great at a convention. I thought the hospitity suite hit all the numbers, but sorry I cannot comment on the rooms. We had a great reception for well over 1400 people and the various food stations were great food, not gourmet, but great stuff. All the wait staff very nice.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank GormandizerAnnapolis
Cainta, Philippines
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Hilton Anatole is a good hotel for business and pleasure while Dallas. It is very near the downtown and accessible to nearby attractions like the Dallas Arboreteum and Botanical Garden, American Airlines Arena, AT & T Stadium, George Bush Museum and many more.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple