“Huge hotel; comfortable rooms”
Review of Hilton Anatole

Hilton Anatole
Ranked #34 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Wailea, Hawaii
“Huge hotel; comfortable rooms”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've stayed at this Hilton in the past, but always for a convention or meeting. This time, it was convenient for my business meetings. I had a very nice Tower king room that also had a comfortable sofa. The room was spacious and had an Asian influence. The TV was on the small side and the bathroom, though large, included only a shower. The only thing I didn't like we're the bed pillows. The cases had a decorative stripe that I found annoying when sleeping. SER restaurant was average, and the steaks did not come close to the quality at Morton's or Ruth's Chris, but the prices were the same. The casual counter restaurant was simply awful, offering stale sandwiches for lunch. Note also that the hotel was virtually empty, probably due to the holiday the previous week. The facilities overall were exceptionally clean. I'd avoid the rooms in the Tower that have no external windows.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Popovova

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (689)
  • Korean first
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My friend & I stayed here for 1 night at the end of June. We were attending a concert & were arriving late. Even though check-in was quick & easy, they did need to have more staff on hand to make it quicker.

The rooms were nice, comfortable, & clean. We scored a room that overlooked the Dallas skyline.

The next day we went to 1 of the restaurants for breakfast. This is when I discovered how huge this hotel is. The food was great and the service staff was nice.

If I have more time, I would come back here for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank GothicblueCJ
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I booked this hotel through an offer on Southwest.com. The air and Hotel for 6 days was approx 550.00. That being said, if you are on a business trip, this hotel is for you, because your company will probably pay the tab for all the charges. The decor is fabulous and the location was central to everywhere we needed to go. We were promised 2 rooms together but our rooms were not together. We were moved on the 3rd day. We went to the floor and room we were told to go to, only to find out 20 minutes later we were assigned to yet another floor/rooms. They were connected but our room had stained carpet, the toilet ran constantly, unless you jiggled the handle, the water in the tub pooled around our ankles and the television did not work. We called for service twice, put the problem persisted. The hotel charged my debit card daily any where from 90 - 190 a day. With the exception of the day I arrived and the day I left, I had a charge that I had to discuss with them. The charges stemmed from me paying for the second hotel room. Because they had not secured an additional amount on my card to cover incidentals, they charged me every day for possible incidentals. Every morning and every evening you could find me at the front desk having these charges removed. Each day I was advised the issue was cared for and no more charges would be made; until the next day. This was frustrating to say the least. In addition to this, I had used a debit card because I did not want to charge this trip. If I had stayed an additional couple of days, my cash would have been depleted (and I would have been forced to use a credit card). We used the fridge in the room to store our water. Consequently, we were charged each time we removed something in the fridge. We were credited the charges, but the inconvenience of it all...Nothing is complementary or free at this hotel. There is no continental breakfast and the buffet is 20.00. I don't eat much and I don't eat pork, so to pay 20.00 for a breakfast was a bit much. Ala Carte cost approx the same. Parking is 19.00 a day. There is a charge for the spa (the whirlpool water moves slightly. No fast moving, therapeutic water). The only thing that was complementary was 2 bottle of waters in the fridge, if you are an honors member. The staff was courteous and friendly. They cleared up the card issue by the time I checked out. But the inconvenience of it all...A week after we were home, an additional charge of over 200.00 hit my card. What the hay.....It was cleared up, but now I feel the need to watch my statement for a month or so to make sure a charge doesn't generate because of some hotel internal audit. I will not stay at this hotel again. they were accommodating, but this was a vacation and I was frustrated daily. I do have a hotel in the Hilton family that I stay at during my travels. I will stick with them. The value of this hotel was not worth me being inconvenienced or frustrated my entire trip.

Room Tip: Inspect the room prior to unpacking. Flush the toilet, let the water run in the sink, turn on the s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Xmommajacksonx
Matt H, Manager at Hilton Anatole, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Edmond,Okla, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Do not stay at the Anatole if you expect great service from Housekeeping or management. I was told that I had to clean my own room. The manager would not call me back to hear my complaints. What else can I say

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

3 Thank Larry T
Matt H, Manager at Hilton Anatole, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Please accept my apology for your unsatisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your feedback is very important to me. I am forwarding your information regarding the customer service your received. Again I am sorry that this was not a great experience for you. My hope is that you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Crawford, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Hotel was nice, clean and very conviently located. However, we waited 1.5 hours and spoke with the hotel driver twice while we waited for our ride back to the hotel from the Justin Beiber Concert and finally ended up taking a taxi. He never showed up. Not happy!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Lori H
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Enjoyed my 3 day holiday stay in April. Friendly staff who couldn’t do enough to assist.

Although a gigantic corporate hotel it has a calm atmosphere and I loved the natural light by the reflecting pools.

My favourite aspect was the park outside, beautifully maintained and plenty of space to lie in the sun and relax after a day’s sightseeing.

All staff, without exception, were helpful and charming. Special mention must be made of Kalith the breakfast manager in the Terrace Restaurant who was approachable and knowledgable, and Sammi G the Chef who made the most spectacular Special Waffle for me one morning. If you are lucky enough to be the recipient of one of these magnificent creations it will leave a lasting impression of how much effort the staff here put into making your stay enjoyable.

The only reason I am giving 4 stars instead of 5 is that I had a room next to three elevators which meant earplugs every night. However the worst aspect of this room was that it had no windows so the lights always had to be on whenever I was in the room as there was no natural daylight. Luckily the park was available for escaping to during the day. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Flossss
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I booked this hotel for a last minute trip to Dallas for a funeral. The hotel is huge and pretty spread out. The rooms I booked were not available when we checked in so we had to stay in the Atrium instead of in the tower. Other reviewers had stated that the Tower rooms were newer and cooler temperature wise. My daughter and MIL enjoyed their room and said that it got very cold in their room. My husband and I were "upgraded" to a suite. While the room was large - with a conference room table, sofa and chair, and a small 4 top table, the bed was a Murphy bed. Suprisingly the bed was comfortable but we only had two small pillows. The side of the room where the bed was located never cooled off and the TV couldn't be seen from the bed. As a Hilton Honors Gold member, we were given access to the Executive Lounge. The lounge is located in the Tower and a pretty decent walk from the Atrium. My MIL is handicap so she wasn't up for the walk over for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family