“Not what you would expect from the landmark Hilton property in Dallas”
Review of Hilton Anatole

Hilton Anatole
Ranked #34 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed March 27, 2013

You should expect a lot from a full-service Hilton, but my trip to the Hilton Anatole didn't meet typical Hilton standards. I waited more than 25 minutes to register as there was a big line and only 2 folks working the desk (I later learned that it was the first time ever for one of the clerks). I told the new clerk that the manager should have more people than 2 at registration, and he claimed to have called his manager who was unable to help. I went to pick up a friend from the airport, and over an hour later, same 2 people at the desk and another 20 minutes for him to check in. As I am waiting for him I sit in the lobby and notice an old french fry and toothpick between the cushions of the couch. It was late and went to the Media restaurant for dinner. We were immediately seated and then ignored for 10 minutes - decided to eat at the bar to get some service. Next morning in the room (which was fine) I went to make a cup of coffee only to discover housekeeping had placed a new lid on a used cup and put out for my use. Needing to touch up a shirt, I tried to set up the ironing board - but it was broken. I then called down to the desk to let them know the toilet was loose - it wobbled around when you sat on it. As I left for my meeting, I discovered that registration had failed to add parking lot access to my room key and I had to pay with a credit card to get out of the parking lot. Then I had to track down a valet manager to provide a refund and back to the desk to have them correct that mistake. And speaking of parking - $19 a day to park in an outside lot? C'mon!! If I had stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn just down the street, it would have been free to park!
I returned that afternoon with a message that my toilet had been fixed. So, I check it out - it was the same as I left it. So, I had to call again, & a maintenance guy came up to inspect. Yup, its loose. He proceeded to tighten it down and all was good. I asked him why it would be reported that it had been fixed when obviously, no one had touched it? He didn't have an answer.
This whole episode started with a bad experince at the registration counter, and for the next 3 days, all these minor irritants added up to real annoyance. None of this would have been an issue if I was staying at a Hampton Inn, but the Hilton Anatole? You guys are missing the mark here. Next time I will stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Hilton Garden Inn (and several Marriott properties) is within 2 blocks, cheaper rates and free parki...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mike M
Matt H, Manager at Hilton Anatole, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay and level of customer service with us. The problems you mentioned with the maintenance team as well as front desk staff have been addressed. We appreciate you alerting us to these issues and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,637)

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Anatole for one night during a family visit to Dallas. I had been to the Anatole once before to attend a wedding, but this was my first overnight stay.

The hotel is located off the Stemmons Freeway in an area with many other hotel chains of varying degree around it. We chose to stay there because of the easy freeway access, affordable rate for a Thursday night and proximity to Irving. Despite the massive parking lot, your only options are either to pay for the valet or pay for self parking. I do not recall how much either are, but it is not cheap. In my opinion, shame on the Anatole for forcing people to park their own car with such a massive parking lot. This is not downtown!

We booked rooms in the Tower because of other recommendations on TA. I was fortunate enough to get one of the much lauded corner rooms and boy did it not disappoint! I entered the room through a small corridor that faces the large wardrobe. Around the corner the room opens up to a massive open floor plan. The bathroom is on the left and has a nice large marble countertop with plenty of space to spread out toiletries. There was also a toilet, stand up shower and tub.

The room has a work desk with an ergonomic looking chair. There is a small lounge area with love seat and small table. And then of course the king size and very comfortable bed.

You will notice that the hotel has an overall Asian theme to it. In the lobby there are many artifacts from ancient Asian civilizations and many of the meeting rooms have Asian names. However I think the hotel goes a step too far by extending the theme to the corridors and rooms. The corridors are lined with the bright red of the room doors and the rooms have a distinctly Asian/Japanese look to them that I did not care for. Save the themed hotels for Vegas.

Given that there are so many hotel options in this area, I would not necessarily put Anatole at the top of my list, but if the price was right I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Corner Room in the Tower is a good value.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank rocketsfan007
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have driven by the Hilton Anatole for years but never stepped foot in the hotel until recently for an industry trade show. The service and amentias were great; rooms were large, spotless and comfortable. Amenities like the bath salts are reason enough to stay there!

Another great surprise was the great shopping inside the Anatole, the Children Store has the most adorable kids clothing I have ever seen and the boutique in the Atrium had the most unique Texas gifts, really different and not tacky. And I have not even mentioned the beautiful art collection, better than in some museums I have visited recently.

The service was beyond even my expectations for a Hilton, the staff could not do enough to make you feel welcomed and they were so informative. (Ask about the elephants in the lobby)

I was so impressed with the Anatole that I plan on bringing my company back for future trade shows. Until then, I am going to have to go and check out the spa next on a weekend girl trip.

Room Tip: I stayed in the main building, but heard that rooms in the Atrium were nice too.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

PROS: Good government rate for Dallas Marathon, Reasonable late check out fee, Very nice hotel & staff, Reasonable prices for kids boutique inside hotel, Beautiful lobby & staff was nice enough to remove charges for minibar when I notified them what we had done soon after checking in. CONS: Reviews were right about being able to hear noise from lobby, we were on Floor 4 & could hear faint music from below. Standard room (2 doubles) & restroom was kind of small for family of 4. For a similar rate, equally nice hotels offered free continental breakfast + 2 queens. Parking was kinda far.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank downtown1979
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stated at this Hotel for a Vacation spot on 3-14-2013 thru 3-17-2013 the place was so nice on the outside. What I did not like is me parking my own car cost $19.00 a day I checked in on the 3-14-2013 and woke up on 3-15-2013 to see that they had charged my card $ 115.00 then $500.00 then $49.80. So I go down stairs to see what was going on first they tell me my stay is $119.00 a night (wrong should have been $99.00 for the first night & $89.00 for the other two nights). Then I wanted to go to the pool with my son and then I was going to go and workout only to find out I am charged additionally for this. Needless to say I will not stay here anymore. Nice place but NO.

Room Tip: Rooms are ok bathrooms are small and there is always something going on there.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Candace M
Matt H, Manager at Hilton Anatole, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were unhappy with some of the charges. I apologize if the charges were not clear when you booked the room. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Hilton Anatole in Dallas is a comfortable, clean, beautiful hotel. I recently stayed there and enjoyed the restaurants, and the comfort of the room. What I didn't enjoy was that the power went off for several hours (causing me to wake up to all the light coming on at 4am) and then having a fire alarm go off and have to evacuate the hotel. I felt that something should have been said by management or a concession made to the bill. I realize it was not the hotels fault, but it did reflect poorly on the hotel.

Room Tip: There only appears to be one elevator, so it can be a bit of a walk to the rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank LAValleyBroker

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology. We want you to know that your suggestions will help us to improve, and we appreciate your flexibility during this non standard situation. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This property has been around for a long time under other reiterations. Was very nice and modern back in the day. First of all, $19 to self park outdoors is really pushing it and smacks of profiteering. Secondly, if you must stay here, know that your atrium room is small with a REALLY small bathroom. I'm 6' and the shower head must be 5'! Old, small tub style with toilet and counter all cramped together. But if you really want to get my attention, throw in a minimalist Executive Lounge. This lounge makes Hampton breakfast amenities look expansive. I don't know what 'continental' they're referring to, but its not Europe. Anyway, any reviewers who mentioned this lounge as a desired amenity just fell off the tourist bus. Seriously, Hilton Management, you might want to open another smaller lounge for your elite business members. OK, the lounge has a view. The physical facility of the expansive lobbies is superior. And the Atrium rooms, although built for Darby O'Gill and the little people, ARE clean and well furnished.

I won't bother to return to this lounge during my stay so the hotel will retain a little more of their profit. Hmmm, maybe that is the plan. Actually, this place reminds me just how nice Hilton Garden Inns are.

Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank backpackluxury

Thank you so much for your feedback and I apologize that our amenities did not meet your expectations. We appreciate the comments regarding our Executive Lounge as we are always seeking ways to improve our service and offerings. Thank you again.