“Great Business Stay”
Review of Hilton Anatole

Hilton Anatole
Ranked #34 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 days while attending a business conference. Everything was wonderful. The service, staff, amenities, rooms, meeting rooms, and food. Would highly recommend it for business travel.

5  Thank GLS6434

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I just completed a stay and was taken by the renovation. I checked in quite earlty and was given my room without hesitation. The corner room , Tower area, was quite nice, more like a junior suite. The tower has a very Oriental feel to it, and the staff maintains the property. The only issue was a rather "testy" internet and that can occur anywhere.

Room Tip: Corner rooms in tower are nice..
6  Thank Paolosmom
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Anatole for 3 nights while attending a conference on the property, and I was very comfortable. The property is modern with lots of amazing Asian art throughout, which added a degree of beauty and made my stay unique. I had a room in the tower, which I definitely recommend if you are a light sleeper. The atrium is a striking space, and it has more shops and restaurants compared to the tower, but sound carries up to all the rooms. The room was perfect, the bed was plush, and I slept well during my stay. All the hotel staff members I interacted with were very helpful and service-oriented. I would suggest that the hotel consider not charging for parking or use of the fitness center - that was an unpleasant surprise. The hotel is close to the tall buildings of Dallas, but not walking distance.

Room Tip: The tower is quieter but the atrium has closer access to the on-site bars, restaurants, and shops.
3  Thank LauraF684
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed here for conference. Got a room in the tower section. Grand lobby entrance is very elegant. Our room was nice. Soft bed. Tiled walk-in shower with granite countertops and dressing table area in the bathroom. The food and drinks in the hotel were very costly. Also, you were required to be an honors member to use the gym facilities. I think it should be complimentary to the guests. Plenty of space for a large event/conference. Overall, a good experience.

Room Tip: Tower with view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Devenity
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Whew, where to begin? First of all, we wanted a nice quiet get away, the location was great and I was excited about using the spa. When we first arrived in the main lobby the valet who helped us inside had a hard time telling me where the spa was. This I later realized was because the valet services are subcontracted out to another company. The valet service was really slow and even though our car had been brough around it took another 10 minutes to find someone who could give us the keys so we could leave. Back to the spa though... I enjoyed the spa services and would definitely recommend them, however there was no signage as I walked the endless route to the spa building (keep in mind that this hotel has convention facilities so it's pretty big), again security could not tell me how to get to the spa either! Once you're in the courtyard there are no maps or signs for the spa so I ended up calling them and getting directions from a very rude employee who seemed like she fielded this question a lot. I walked by the outdoor pool and boy you aren't missing much by skipping it! The steel drum band was nice, but the pool looked like the public cement structures from the 80's. No luxury there! I really dislike inefficiency and there were many opportunities for improvement at this hotel. From the signage throughout the whole facility to the fact that with half of the tables open at the breakfast restaurant we were told that there was a 30 minute wait. As well as long lines at the concierce and front desk. This is a big hotel used to lots of convention guests so I'm not sure why these were issues. Last issue... the way the rooms are organized in the artium, you can hear doors slamming constantly. Without wanting to, we had to listen to the door slamming well into the night and our neighbor's 1:30 am roomservice delivery. Hope they enjoyed their stay more than we did!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Catherine W
Daniel D, Manager at Hilton Anatole, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about noise as well as the other areas of improvement you identified. Your comments will help us to correct these issues. We certainly hope that you will consider staying with us for your next visit to Dallas.

Daniel Davis
Front Office Manager

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a convention, felt very much like Las Vegas! The only downfall for my whole stay was the check-in. They obviously know when they are going to have a surge of people checking in, but yet they need to rope off a line because there are so many people waiting to check-in! I counted 15 computers at the front desk...they had 3 employees on. Other than that, stay was great! Rooms were comfortable and clean. Ordered room service and that was prompt and hot!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Matt W
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We have stayed in the Hilton Anatole at least once a year for the last 20 years, going through independent ownership, a tour as a Wyndham hotel, and now a Hilton. Over those years, it retained a solid position as a very good hotel Despite the changes. When we were there last year, the new ownership was obviously struggling, with the lobby torn up and inadequate dining opportunities available. Getting a car took half an hour or more. This year, those things are fixed, but it is clear that the hotel is being neglected in favor of profits. The loveliness stops at the lobby. The carpet in our room was horribly stained. Elevator lights just did not work. One or more elevators was out of service much of the time. The staff was very friendly, but not necessarily competent (I had to show the check-in person what she was doing wrong in swiping my card). Car valet was now very fast and friendly. This is still an adequate hotel, but for the price there are better options. It is conveniently located on the freeway and just a block from Oak Lawn AVe. which gets you to many restaurant and other areas.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank buddymedbery

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your guest room. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us as we use these comments to help improve our on-property experience. I understand that this hotel has been a regular stay for you, and we hope that you will continue to choose the Anatole when you are in Dallas.

Daniel Davis