“Very nice hotel”

Hilton Anatole
Ranked #36 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed 2 nights for $105 a night. It was a beautiful room very clean and luxurious. The hotel was huge and luxurious. The only negative thing I have to say is the $17 a day self parking. I knew this when I booked the room but I assumed it was in a downtown location. Nope, it had large parking lots that weren't even full and some weren't even open.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (703)
  • Korean first
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stayed at the Anatole for a conference in June. The hotel is fantastic. All of the public spaces are well maintained and full of art. The moving sculpture is worth watching for 15 to 30 minutes. I enjoyed walking around the hotel just to enjoy the space.

The rooms in the tower are very nice. My room had a fantastic bathroom and shower. The bed was great, air worked well and was quiet, view was very nice, and adequate closet space. My only complaint in the room was the lack of overhead lighting- which was not that big of a deal.

I had dinner in the hotel one night and drinks every night. Service at the media bar was lack luster. We got the wrong drinks on two occasions and it took a long time to get service. Like most hotels, the prices are astronomical. if you do eat at the hotel, get the pork sandwich. it is great.

I also spent several afternoons at the pool. The pool seems small for such a big hotel, but it was never overrun with people. Service at the pool was great. The bartender Tamrin (sp?) was so nice. We worked together to create a new drink- a frozen watermelon mojito. It was terrible but a memorable experience. It was an instant friend at the pool bar and I appreciate it.

The executive lounge was nice but the service and breakfast were somewhat lacking. I anticipated the standard Hilton breakfast of ham, cheese, and capers. Instead it was cereal and stale bagels. The milk and oj were too warm. it's like the ice wasn't cold.

The location of the hotel isn't close to much of anything other than a few other hotels. My biggest complaint is the $17/day for parking especially since the Hilton Garden Inn across the street does not charge for parking. Seems like you're being gouged on the parking.

Room Tip: Stay in the Tower, be nice to the pool staff and they will be nice to you.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I work 60-80 hrs a week and with our anniversary coming up, I wanted to stay somewhere special and have a relaxing weekend that will give us great memories. The Hilton Anatole did a great job. First of all, the pictures posted on-line do not do justice for how nice the hotel is. I was able to get a reduced rate through priceline. Parking is free if you are staying at the hotel. There is a courtyard that is great for relaxing strolls at night. There is a poolside bar and diner with submerged barstools for the patrons. Wheelchair lift for the pool. This hotel has several very large ballrooms. when walking through the ballroom area, it feels more like a mall. there are 3 or 4 clothing stores and 4 different restaurants. This mall area also displays a very large asian art collection -- something my wife and I were not too fond of, but that's ok. We were able to enjoy sushi one evening and breakfast brunch at their buffet the following morning. the buffet is $19 apiece. It was a very good. Maybe a bit over-priced, but with everything they offered, and the setting of the hotel, I figured it was worth it. We had reservations at their spa for a couple's massage. At over $240, the massage was an extravagant treat; but to be honest, i have gotten far better massages at a kiosk in our local mall. Bring your own flipflops if you have feet bigger than a size 9, and probably your own bathrobe if you require an xtra large robe or bigger. The steam room was great, as was the dry sauna and whirlpool. The indoor lap pool was nice, no kids either, and my wife and I were the only ones there. wheelchair lift available here as well. The dining experience at Nana, was great. Unfortunately, it was their last night in business, as the owners have decided to remodel the beautiful restaurant and bar into a streakhouse. It was a beautiful and grand design, nonetheless. the food was excellent, the ingredients were very fresh. The rooms: they were big. we had a corner room on the 6th floor, overlooking the courtyard. my guess is you'd need above the 20th floor to have a good unobstructed view of the downtown skyline. the room had a nice modern look, and probably recently re-modelled. the shower was GREAT, but my wife did not care for it so much. There were no bathtubs. The remote control on the tv does not work as well as it should, requires repeated button pushing to work. stocked refrigerators in room. 24hr room service available. There is no wifi, interesting surprise - especially since it was renovated. We have stayed at nicer hotels but overall, it was clean, luxurious, and service was impeccable. Nicest Hilton we have been to. Any facility can only be as good as it's worst employee, and I can only give this facility highest remarks towards the service that we recieved. we will come again, and we will tell our family and friends. There is no doubt this would be a great hotel if we had our kids with us. I feel very well relaxed. Great sleep. Great job Hilton Anatole.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hipntrippy
ubersteve
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Anatole recently on a business conference for three days. For all three days, there was no wi-fi in the room. The support desk couldn't resolve the issue and neither could the hotel. There was wired service but the hotels cable was broken. Lucky I keep a spare in my briefcase, but really, no wi-fi?

Without wi-fi I was unable to use my iPad and iPhone withouth incurring roaming charges as I am not US based.

In this day and age, wi-fi is like running water. It isn't optional for a hotel to offer it and and outage should be fixed pdq. BTW, I wasn't the only guest with this problem. It looks like a persistent issue in the tower rooms.

Sorry Hilton, this lack of response to a business issue is why I normally stay at the Marriott.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank ubersteve
, Manager at Hilton Anatole, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to send us this feedback from your recent stay at the Hilton Anatole. We apologize for the issues regarding the internet access that you experienced The Anatole is continuously working to ensure that all guests have sufficient WiFi access in each room. We have thoroughly reviewed your comments with our team, and the information provided has also been given to our internet service providers. If you have additional concerns you would like to discuss, I invite you to contact my office directly. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Anatole.

Daniel Davis
Texas
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My husband surprised me for our anniversary with a weekend to the Anatole, it is a VERY big hotel. I recommend staying in the Tower, the rooms are a lot bigger and nicer. My husband had asked to be close to the spa & pool however they put us at the opposite end which the bathroom was so small if you sat on the toilet & didn't close the door you couldn't because of your leg. So we changed rooms. It was very nice in the tower. Room was clean and large. The bed was a little worn but the liens were very nice. We did have room service come on in our room unannounced so not sure what happen there. We had quite of bit of trouble with our room keys not working and had to make a few trips down to the front desk. We ate at Nana's on the 27th floor, I must say this was one of the nicest restaurants I have ever ate at. The food was amazing and the staff were so attentive. Unlike the hotel staff which were very hard to find, it was almost like a ghost town in this big hotel. This being the first weekend of summer break I'm sure most people got out of the city. We had spa treatments and they were ok, my husbands therapist was much better than mine. The spa was very nice and clean. Pricing was pretty high but that is usual for a spa in a hotel. The pool area was lots of fun, a little dated but they were grilling burgers and dogs which were great and so were the mixed drinks. All and all I would love to stay there again but will clarify some details before we go.

Room Tip: Request the tower! Request a downtown view. Remember that the curtains are not completely blackout...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I stayed four days at the Hilton Anatole in Dallas while attending a convention there. I was pleasntly surprised to find that the hotel is also an annex of the Crow Asian Art Museum in downtown Dallas. There are over 100 displays on loan from the museum so that you can tour the hotel as if you were a private guest at a museum. Another facility, the Wedgewood Room, is decorated with antique ceramics. The guest rooms have all the comfort you need at a business hotel and the pool is large and good for a serious exercise regimen. The food is mediocre, but the restaurant at the Sheraton Market Suites across the street is excellent.

Room Tip: I got an excellent value by booking a package with American Airlines Vacations.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

Booked an executive suite in tower and requested south-facing room. You won't find a more breath-taking view of the city. The room was lovely and very clean. Executive suites come with access to a breakfast bar which has almost everything you could want. The concierge, front desk, and valet staff were very accomodating, though one of the bellhops did run off leaving me to finish unloading my luggage alone. The rooms are a bit on the pricey side, but I highly recommend a stay if you are able.

• Stayed April 2012