“One of the best I've ever stayed in...”
Review of Hilton Anatole

Hilton Anatole
Ranked #35 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed May 26, 2011

This place is like a fancy museum with large guest rooms. All around excellent. Yes, you pay for incidentals so it's not for cheap skates but it's kinda nice staying in a place without riff raff. You've got to be pretty well off to stay here and that isn't a bad thing. Book it without hesistation.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite....
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Anatole

Reviewed May 23, 2011

I actually selected this hotel because of the restaurant, which has a divine tasting menu. I got a good pre-paid rate. When we had a flight delay and were to arrive very late, I called the hotel to confirm they would have a room available. It's a pre-paid room but I wanted to be sure; oddly I was placed on hold 5 minutes but then finally told it would be ready. When we arrived, we were given double beds despite having booked a king. When we called reception, we were again placed on hold five minutes, then we were told no king rooms were available until after noon the next day - but the hotel was oddly empty so I do not know why this was the case. However, as promised, at noon the next day they did send up keys to a king room when we called and asked.

There is an indoor lap pool and an outdoor pool as well as other finess facilities. There is a charge to use some of the facilities but waived for Hilton Honors members. The grounds are extensive with sculptures, koi pond, jogging path. The hotel is Asian themed and overall opulent/luxurious, so we were surprised as for the rate we paid we would have expected far less. There is a charge for parking - however this is true for many area hotels and we did not find it out of line. The charge for in room wireless was annoying however.

Nana, the restaurant on the 27th floor, offers a city view and a fabulous tasting menu. the chef there is great so it was the highlight of our trip - and since it was the reason we picked this hotel, we were glad it proved so worthwhile. We will definately be back to dine there again and will not hesitate to stay here when we do, even though our stay was not perfect.

There was one serious drawback, though I don't know that the hotel can fairly be blamed. A couple on our floor had a late night (3am) argument involving screaming, swearing and door pounding. It went on for over 20 minutes. I don't know if the hotel ever noticed or did anything about it, but since the first night we had a tiny bed and the second night we had screamers, it did not make for a good night's sleep either night.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DAEsmae
Reviewed May 16, 2011

We stayed overnight for a dinner event with my 2 children (11, 6). We had to pay about $27 for parking, there is no wifi in the rooms, we didn't have time to check the amenities but from the menu, you have to pay to be able to use them, such as the basketball court, indoor swimming pool, etc. On top of this, when we turned on the TV to watch some news, we have to pay 4.99 for a local TV show!! Unbelievable!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank donabl
Reviewed May 6, 2011

I don't have too much to say about this hotel since I was only there for a day and a half and did not use the amenities. I was there for a wedding so we did not choose the location. It is not near anything really.

The positives: Room was nice and clean so had no complaints in that department. Service was good.

My only complaint was that we could hear our neighbors and it was so loud we could not sleep. They were really loud though (in the middle of the night of course) but I believe that rooms have thin walls because I could hear their entire conversation clearly. I don't know if other rooms have this but our room has one of those connecting doors to the other room so that probably contributed to why we could hear everything they did so loudly. Usually when I stay at hotels at least the noise is somewhat muffled if people are loud.

Room Tip: Avoid room with connecting door if possible
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I was in town for a conference of an organization I belong to. I bought my room/airline ticket and rental car through another online search engine for $700 total. My stay was three nights. While I was lucky to get such a good deal, I was really surprised that parking, wifi, the gym/pool cost additional. Enough that it was the equivalent of another nights stay. Now compare that to the fact I stayed the previous night at a Super 8 that cost me $45 total. That room had the same sized bed, free breakfast (a hot one not just donuts and coffee) free wifi and the pool and weight room were free too.

While I signed up for Hilton Honors, I am almost certain that I go out of my way to avoid this chain again. It was just very expensive

Room Tip: Watch out for the incidentals!
2  Thank K N
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Stayed at the Hilton Anatole as the meeting planner of a medium-sized conference at the hotel. The public spaces are lovely, with several options for drinks, snacks, and sit-down meals. The sleeping rooms in the Tower Building are recently renovated and very comfortable.

I was happy with the food quality for the banquet meals, and the hotel staff was very polite and accommodating.

Had dinner in Nana, the restaurant and bar at the top of the Tower. Ate on the bar side, ordering appetizers and drinks. The food was very good.

Also had several meals in Media Grill. Most of the items I ordered were quite good. In general, this hotel has great soups. Ate soup nearly every day, and it was always tasty and hot enough.

Overall I would recommend this as a comfortable hotel for business, and it could be nice for a family as well.

Room Tip: Tower rooms are nicer at this time.
Reviewed April 24, 2011

After reading the poor reviews, I was bracing for a not-so-good experience for my upcoming 3 day conference stay. I've stayed in many hotels, so I've seen the good the bad & the ugly. Thankfully, this was a good experience.

Front desk staff was very accomodating with my early arrival and request for a non-adjoining room. Room was clean & well appointed (and I am picky).
The Terrance Restaurant was only open in the AM, so I never got to try it. I was not interested in the sushi bar or the 5 star restaurant, so that left the (upscale) Media Bar & Grill for all my dinners. Good food, nice atomosphere. There were a few shops to browse. From one shop I picked up snacks/water for in the room.

I did not try the spa or have to park a vehicle, so can't comment on those elements. I brought my MiFi, so I did not have to pay the crazy daily internet charges.

It is worthwhile to take some time to enjoy the huge Asian art collection throughout the 3 lobbies, the conference center halls and on the mezzanine level. The wide variety of artifacts made for some nice pictures.