“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #89 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Cartersville, Georgia
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel twice and the most recent was 6/2014.
Rooms are spacious and clean. HD tv with plenty of stations to choose from on a 40 flat screen tv.
I was working with a group of 8 that was staying at the hotel and every night we all would gather at the bar for drinks and dinner.
The menu does have a good choice of items to choose from. Food is really good and bartender service is top notch!
We also ate breakfast in the dining room and menu selection and service is excellent at well.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate the compliments and will pass them along to our staff. Please come to stay with us again.
Callan Hamann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
NY
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Clean hotel and the shuttle is very convenient. The staff really tries to make stay as comfortable as possible.

Suggestions :

Prevent people from smoking on the benches close to the entrance and enforce it. Smokers can walk one minute to the corner of the building to smoke.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us. We hope you are able to come back to stay with us under different circumstances. We appreciate the complimentary review.
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Terrific Holiday Inn! Rooms very clean and the staff is amazing. The gym looks like it has been recently renovated and although small, is in good shape. Pool area is clean and pleasant. I haven't tried the restaurant, because there's a pretty good diner next door. The hotel is also walking distance from a dart rail station - which makes it inexpensive and easy to get to downtown and both airports.

Their van schedule is a little bit inconsistent. They alternate between airport transportation and taking people downtown. Have occasionally needed to get a taxi when the van was off doing something else. The only complaint I have about the rooms is that there are no power outlets bedside.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us. We hope to host your stay again in the future. The Dart Light rail is very convenient and typically under utilized.
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at this Holiday Inn in Dallas' Market Center area, and came away very happy with my stay there. Not a lot of money; only about $100 if you book it through hotels.com, and for that nice price, you still get great service and a great room. There is plenty of free parking on site, also. Rooms are very clean, and the staff is wonderful. The only negative thing from my experience was not this hotel's fault, but hotels.com's. They misrepresented the size of the room. I would suggest that even if you plan to book through hotels.com, it is still a good idea to first call the hotel directly with any questions you might have about their rooms, parking, locations, directions, etc., since third party booking agencies generally are not familiar with the particular hotel you are booking.

Room Tip: Good location if you have business in the Market Center or downtown areas.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank MJEastman
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Market Center. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to your next stay. Your advice is correct, we are very close to the Dallas Market Center.
Memphis
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This was my first time staying at this Holiday Inn. Overall it is a terrific place & I am planning to stay there again. Location wise, it is located barely a mile from Dallas Eagle (I was there for a special event). I got to enjoy their sparkling outdoor pool only one evening (It rained second night I was there). It is located right at a train station (which I didn't have time to explore). Staff was great with me bringing my 15 month puppy with me (It was his first time in a hotel). I was very pleased with our room choice (924), directly off elevator.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 924 & was very pleased with it.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your stay and the nice compliment about the Holiday Inn Market Center.
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I looked at the pictures on the internet before I made the reservation at the hotel and they clearly Photo Shopped those pictures. I also read other reviewers from Trip Advisor and thought this hotel would be fine, how wrong I can be. I have to say that I don't believe these other reviews. I am a Platinum Member and my "upgraded" room was simply awful.

The floor I was on had very poor lighting, orange walls and dirty carpet. The room was just the same, very poor lighting and a musty smell. After entering the room, I felt I needed a tetanus shot. The sink stopper didn't even pretend to work and the lighting in the bathroom was just as bad as everywhere else. If this was given to me as Platinum Member, I would really hate to see the regular rooms. I can't imagine how bad those could be.

I talked to other guests there who frequent the hotel and they all like the staff, as I did. I found the staff to be very helpful and very pleasant. The staff keeps people coming to this hotel because the condition of the rooms and hallways do not entice a traveler to stay.

One positive note, the food at the hotel was generally good. I ordered off the menu for breakfast one morning and the cook that morning should be sent to culinary school as the eggs were rubbery and the potatoes tasted like metal. The other mornings, I had the buffet which was much better than the day I opted for the menu, since there was no buffet. I did have a serious amount of work and I at in the hotel 2 of the 3 nights. The dinner meals were OK, they weren't out of the park, but they were flavorful and I thought just fine

Room Tip: Yes, I have a tip. Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 678855
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Guest,
I truly apologize for your stay. My staff and I pride ourselves in providing a hotel guests love. I am confident your next stay would be something my staff and I would be proud to host.
Callan Hamann

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

kerrville
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

The front desk was pleasant upon arrival. Allowed my husband a late ckout without charge while I was at seminar. Cafe/bar had casual dinner options at reasonable price . Room was quiet even though we were close to elevator

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the very nice review.
Yours in hospitality ,