“Great Service from great staff!”

Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center
Ranked #83 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I can't say enough about the services I received while staying at the Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center and in the future I will definitely be staying at this hotel again. Here is my story! I arrived in Dallas a full day late as I was caught up in the deep freeze that was going on in north eastern United states and Canada at the time and as a result my United flight was delayed leaving Montreal, Quebec which caused me to miss my connection from Newark to Dallas. To make matters even worst my suit case was lost in the process and I arrived in Dallas one full day late with absolutely nothing to wear to the trade show I was attending as an exhibitor and which had already opened! I spoke to Pete (hotel manager) about my issue and he showed a genuine concern for me and immediately had a shuttle bus driver take me out to get some clothing and other basic supplies that I required.
I was treated like a friend at night at the bar by the bar tenders and felt like everyone was extremely polite and caring.
My room was quite, always kept very clean and I enjoyed all the facilities found in the room. Nothing seemed old or outdated.
I enjoyed the buffet breakfast each and every morning and I felt I wasn't missing a thing!
I stay in hotels throughout the USA and Canada and the Holiday Inn Market Center is one that I won't hesitate to stay at again. I highly recommend it....

Richard Hume

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Rhume1970
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for the kind comment and review.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

There were some really good things about this place and some not so great. The positives: The staff was very friendly and accommodating. There is an excellent diner right across the street with excellent food and service. If you you don't feel like leaving the hotel itself, there is also a decent restaurant just across the lobby on the ground floor. The negatives: The walls were very thin. We could hear people in other rooms and on the corridors. I have to say however that when I called the front office to complain about the noise that some people were making (at 2am), they sent security to ask them to keep it down. The other negative has to do with the location. I know that this is Texas and everyone is expected to have a car, but the fact that there are no sidewalks for one to walk to either the UT Southwestern Hospital or the DART Light Rail station down the street is just unacceptable. You literally have to walk on the highway to get to these places if you don't have your own wheels. The area around the hotel did not feel terribly safe either,

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank WideBodyroga
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us. We do appreciate your comments and we use all feedback to improve. I am sorry the guest next door was noisy but I am glad we reacted quickly to your request. We offer our shuttle service, based upon availability, to ease transportation concerns for the nearby hospitals and Dart Light Rail.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

If you regularly stay at Holiday Inn properties, the you know what you are getting for your money. They best part of this hotel is the location. For a $10 cab ride you are quickly in Downtown Dallas or at the AAC arena for a Stars or Mavericks game. Also for a convention at Market Center or if you need to be close to all the medical facilities this is the perfect place. Compared to being in a downtown hotel or on I-35, this property is significantly easier on your wallet.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us. We are very close the venues you mentioned. Please come to stay with us again.

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here during my dons last stay in the hospital. This is an older hotel but a nice one. The rooms were clean, roomy, and the beds were very comfortable. Large flat screen TV. The front desk staff was awesome!!! Only problem I had was in making the reservation. I was sent to a reservation center, I have a rewards card and still had heck making a reservation. Was much better when you just dealt with the front desk staff.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and we hope your father is doing well. Please come to stay with us again. I apologize you had difficulty making a reservation and including your IHG Rewards information. If for any reason you have difficulty adding your rewards number, we can always add the number at check-in. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel from November 29 to December 2nd 2013. The staff is very nice. Whaterver service you want they are deligent to respond to your full satisfaction. I have already recomment a friend of mine who will be staying there around January 14th 2014. Keep up with the good Job

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank honore s
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for the review and referring a friend. I will pass your comments along to our staff. The compliment is very encouraging.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I have stayed at this particular hotel on several occasions due to traveling for business and the corporate rate we have through this hotel. Each time I go, the service is amazing. The people are so kind and go out of their way to help make your stay comfortable and have a feeling of home. Just this past weekend I was there during the ice storm. A hotel employee not only let me borrow an ice scraper but then scraped most of the car's windows himself. They staff always goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is perfect.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your continued stays but we hope your travels were safe with the ice storm. I am glad our staff was willing to go the extra mile.

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Impeccable service. A very fine and attentive staff. From the front desk, to the restaurant, even their friendly and professional shuttle service drivers this Holiday Inn both management and staff know their business!

They know how to make their guests feel welcome and at home.

Clean rooms. Great food. Beautiful views. Highly recommend. Will stay here again when in Dallas.

Thank you Holiday Inn for a wonderful, one of a kind experience to remember. All hotels should be this outstanding!

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us and the kind review. Please come to stay with us again.