“Overall a good stay”

Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center
Ranked #85 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My family recently stayed here while my wife attend some meetings at UT Southwestern Medical Center nearby. Overall our stay was a good one at this hotel, and the front desk staff were top notch. We were first put in a corner room of the hotel which turned out to be much smaller version of a standard room, and we were moved to a bigger room without problem. Really the one negative thing about the hotel is the restaurant and breakfast buffet. The buffet is not good at all (eggs are runny and the food overall is not good). We asked for a breakfast menu but we were told that the buffet was the only option. My advice is to walk across the street from the hotel to the Original Market Diner. It was with no doubt the best breakfast I have eaten in a long while. They also offer lunch and dinner if you want to avoid the hotel restaurant. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel! Thank you to the hotel staff for all of your hard work!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Guest,
I am glad you had a good stay. Although I truly appreciate your compliments; we will be addressing the challenges with the breakfast you had mentioned. I thank you for your feedback and hope you will try our breakfast again in the future. Our goal is for you to enjoy all our hotel has to offer.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Two colleagues and I stayed here for three nights while exhibitors at a national convention. The initial impression in the lobby is one of a higher-priced hotel chain; my room was clean, and the bed was very comfortable. All the electronics worked perfectly. The staff went far beyond the norm in being helpful, observant, and wanting to insure that our stay was exceptional, even to the point that the bartender remembered what I'd ordered three nights previously. The next time I'm in Dallas, whether it's business or pleasure, this is where I'll be. The diner next door is a little gem -- great food, friendly and excellent service, and reasonably priced. Don't know that you can ask for much more...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Guest,
I and my staff appreciate your compliments. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is a really old property that I had not stayed at in years. The Holiday Inn remodel truly did wonders on this place. You can still tell is an old building, just don't look too close. Everything is updated, all amenities were as expected. Television and internet worked great. I was upgraded to a King Suite that really was 2 rooms and included a dated kitchenette with microwave & small fridge. Trains were not a problem, but I was on the top floor. The restaurant is more of a bar at night, though the food did look tasty. The Market Diner across the street is a Dallas institution with great breakfast, blue plate specials, and homemade pies. Shuttle available for short trips. Managers receptions on Tuesday evening.

1  Thank luckyokguy
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Guest,
We appreciate getting to host your stay. We are only 1.5 miles from Downtown and we have since been designated a quiet zone. Trains are no longer required to blow their horns while passing. I completely agree about the Original Market Diner across the street. Please come to stay with us again.

Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is older yet very clean and staff is superb. As a Platinum member of IHG I received a complimentary upgrade. I was visiting for work. I on many occasions I asked for assistance from the front desk. Everytime I received excellent answers and top notch service. Its nice when you are treated like a guest and not a bother when traveling. Great price and 20 min from Downtown Dallas. Free shuttle bus helped get me to local areas around Dallas. I enjoyed my stay and will come back in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank GeniusTravelers

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us. We hope to host your next stay as well.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Just spent 5 nights at this hotel. It was exactly what we needed. Very spacious and most of all clean and comfy. The kitchenette was a little outdated but we only used it to make coffee in the morning. Staff were very friendly.Definetly would come back to this hotel.Check out the diner next door as well for breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for trusting us to host your girl's weekend. The Original Market Diner next door is great. But I have say our omelets are pretty fantastic. Please stay with us again.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I recently stayed at the Dallas Market Center hotel for business. Everyone on the staff there was exceptionally helpful, friendly and kind. Of note are the shuttle drivers, Jalan, a young man and Demmelash Debebe. I believe the bartender's name was Miguel who was also very kind and attentive to serving well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Guest,
We really do appreciate your encouragement especially for the staff members mentioned. Please stay with us again the next time you are in Dallas.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel in Dallas caters to people visiting friends or family in the hospitals surrounding it. It was very nice on the outside and the inside is lovely too. However, the first thing we noticed was all the people smoking outside the front entrance and the smoke that blew directly into the lobby every time the doors opened. I am used to travelling for a couple of weeks at a time as I return to Texas to visit friends. I always travel with a small bunch of snacks and a cooler. I was really disappointed there was no small refrigerator in the room nor a microwave. There was also no safe for belongings. I was travelling with a girlfriend and missed having a sink in the dressing area. There was no way for one of us to bathe/use the toilet and the other to brush teeth, put on makeup, etc. at the same time. Our key card didn't work one afternoon when we came in and hotel staff had to open our room door. And the morning we checked out our key cards wouldn't work and we actually had to wait about 30 minutes for the maintenance people to get us back into our room. So.....we slept fine, the beds were comfortable, the cleaning staff nice, but the room had very few amenities for someone staying more than one night.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us. We strive to provide superior service and a clean room. I apologize for the guest smoking in front of the hotel. We have tried to arrange the smoking areas far enough from the front doors to provide proper access for all of our guests in accordance with municipal codes. However, we will continue to look for alternatives to keep all of our guests happy. Please let us know about your refrigerator needs, we do have some available for request and a small fee for the entire stay. Magnetic cards are easy to produce for our guests and provide a high amount of security. However, the cards can become deactivated with other magnetic fields. This can include cellular phones, name tags, televisions or speakers. Of course, we do not want our guests waiting to gain access and we will insure a faster response time.