“Not clean”

Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center
Ranked #83 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I spent one night on December 28 while on a trip with my brother in Dallas. I wanted to stay in a hotel that had a free airport transfer to Love Field, but was also within close proximity to DFW, out of which my brother would fly. He would take the super shuttle to DFW. When I walked into the bathroom, I found hair all over the floor. The duvet cover had stains on it. There were also hairs on the duvet cover. I heard the train outside my window which did not bother me. The walls, however, were very thin and I could hear conversations in the other rooms. The room did have a granite vanity which was a nice luxury. But, the carpet was not vacuumed. You should know that the location does not have restaurants or shopping near. You would need a car to reach them. The hotel did have a free shuttle to take guests anywhere within 3 miles of the hotel.

Room Tip: Do not choose room 615. It is across the hall from the maintenance room which has a constant dull ro...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank amitche5
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear guest,
My staff and I take pride in our customer service and cleanliness. I realize you did not experience our true hospitality during your stay. I apologize and do hope you will consider allowing my staff and I to host a future stay. We will use your feedback as training for our staff to insure your next stay is exceptional.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Absolutely the worst Holiday Inn we have ever, EVER stayed at!!! We were in Dallas for a week due to brother's brain cancer surgery & picked this hotel as it was close to medical center...BIG, BIG mistake!!! My brother actually woke up from surgery talking about AWFUL smell from hotel the night before!!! Dirty, dirty carpets, missing pieces in bathroom, HORRIBLE kitchen smells in hallway (5th floor) with dingy lighting in halls. IT WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE for one night so we moved to another hotel across IH35 which was close & SO MUCH NICER for almost the same amount of $$$. I called Front Desk Manager to voice my concerns...NO CALL BACK so I called the General Manager, NO CALL BACK which is UNACCEPTABLE!!! We are Priority Club Platinum members & cannot BELIEVE this hotel is allowed to operate like this. IF YOU VALUE CUSTOMER SERVICE & CLEAN CONDITIONS FOR YOUR TRAVELS, PICK ANOTHER HOTEL!!!! YUCK/STINK FACTOR = 5 Stars!!! : (

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Gail T

Dear Guest,
I truly apologize for your poor stay. And I did appreciate speaking with you on the phone. My staff and I strive to exceed your expectations and I realize that did not happen. I am confident given the chance, we would exceed your expectations on your next stay.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed here two nights, probably wouldn't be back. Our room as well as the building itself was quite dated (chipped paint, rusty shower head, 1970s furniture, etc). The housekeeping was underwhelming as there were several issues with our room. Between the stray hairs on the sheets and a lamp that was not even plugged in, we were certainly surprised as Holiday Inns tend to be at least clean.

Anyways, other negatives. The wifi was absurdly slow, as in 56k slow. Our room faced the train tracks, so it was quite annoying to hear a train going by every 15 minutes or so. Also, when we first got there the AC was blasting, so the room was probably somewhere in the high 50s. Maintenance did come up and fix it quickly, but the guy actually had to fiddle with some settings in a ceiling panel. Clearly the thermostat is for display only.

Finally, we went out for dinner the 2nd night and called the hotel shuttle to pick us up. 45 minutes later, still no shuttle. We ended up taking a cab back, but apparently cabs in Dallas are absurdly expensive ($18+tip for a 5min trip??). Not cool.

This place was cheap but extremely disappointing, and really paints a negative picture of the usually-reliable HI brand.

Room Tip: Dont face the train tracks
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. Our preventative maintenance program works diligently to catch any issues prior to a guest's arrival. We also use our Director of Housekeeping and Supervisor to ensure the guest rooms are clean. I realize we did not provide you with a stay we are proud to host and I apologize. We are confident a future stay would be vastly improved and a stay we would be proud to host. I would welcome some additional feedback if you have time to call at 214-219-3333.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have stayed at various hotels in Dallas over the years but this hotel(2nd stay) has to have some of the friendliest people I have encountered at any hotel anywhere in the country. From the smiles at the front desk to the greetings and great service of the restaurant staff (excellent service - great job each day) everyone greeted me each morning and each evening. I had room 228 which was huge and was very quite. I never heard a door slam, talking in the hallway, or best yet no outside noise. The only problem was the first night adjusting the temperature to my liking. After the first night I had no problems with the temperature and it was my learning curve (2 therostats) that made the first night uncomfortable.
Management is on the ball as all of the staff was excellent and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I look forward to my next visit to that part of Dallas and I hope to have room 228 again!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank backpack96
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us. We will pass along to the staff all of the compliments and we look forward to hosting your next stay.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The hotel was picked for me as it was a business trip. My initial contact with a hotel staff person was the gentlemen (who's name I unfortunately can't remember) who picked me up at the airport. I didn't think to inquire about the hotel shuttle until I arrived at Love Field. A call assured me the driver would be there in no time, which he was. Actually he called me to see where I was, and guided me through the non existant signage through airport construction to the hotel shuttle pick up area. He was most delightful and courteous. Unable to check in (I arrived before 8am) I was dropped to a meeting near the hotel by shuttle. Returning to the hotel that evening to check in, I was told a room request was unable to be made, but that I had been upgraded to a suite. yay! The suite was spacious, the bed comfortable and if the train ran than night (the rail is in the hotel's back) I never heard it. While the hotel was clean and neat, my sense was it's close to renovation time for routine hotel upkeep that dispel age.
Food wise, I went to have breakfast first thing. The waiter seemed a bit harried pushing the breakfast buffet versus me ordering from the menu, which I passed on. Dinner, my waiter was great and helpful. I ordered the prime rib, which looked good, but was missing taste? The food seemed tasteless . . .it was odd. The next morning I opted for breakfast at the Originial Market Diner a short walk across the street which was awesome.
The management may want to consider expanding the size of the workout room a bit in size and double equipment. At 6:30am the six to eight pieces of equipment were filled, requiring wait time in a small room for waiting patrons.
Taking the food out of the equation, I'd stay at the hotel again. Except for my overwhelmed breakfast waiter, the staff was very friendly, attentive and helpful. And, the gentlemen who picked me up, returned me to airport for departure with the same loveliness providing a great first and last impression of the Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center.

Room Tip: LOL! I was told to ask for a rear room to be away from the sound of the train. I had a rear room whe...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center. We also hope you will stay with us again in the near future. Our area has been designated a quiet zone and you probably will not hear a train. And we do appreciate you noticing or...not noticing the noise. We do strive to provide excellent service and we will slow down to provide a better breakfast experience.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had a very bad and stressful experience with this hotel. This hotel has a very poor management. Sutteles were late or no shuttels at all. Front desk gave me wrong information which cost me $30 not to mention that I got late for 15 minutes to my class which could have been avoided if they would have paid attention. Front desk didn't even apologized for the inconvenience they caused me or take responsibility for their mistake . Rooms are very dark and not clean. Sheets smell.

Room Tip: Just do not choose this hotel. Very bad service.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sahba_saba
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Guest,
I appreciate the survey and the time you took out of your schedule to tell me of an issue. We work diligently to stick to our shuttle guidelines including departure times and general location. I apologize if we did not meet your needs but look forward to your return. My staff and I are confident we can exceed your expectations. I would also welcome more feedback at the hotel number of 214-219-3333. Please ask for me.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I got a great rate on a great hotel. The location was in a nice central area for myself. Marcus, the front desk attendant assisted me in everything I needed. Made checking in easy and convenient for me. David, the bartender downstairs was great to talk to and he did a great job making my drink. The prices were reasonable as well compared to other hotel bars I have been to. Overall, this hotel, staff and city is amazing and i will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Roshan S
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Guest,
I have already forwarded your compliments to Marcus and David. They will appreciate the recognition. Please come to stay with us again.