“Best one yet”

Ranked #89 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
baumholder, Germany
“Best one yet”
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I loved this hotel, even though it doesn't look as though it has much parking.

They do allow pets, it was the only holiday inn express i found in the area that does, but the price was a bit unreasonable to me until i found out its refundable.

The hotel is nonsmoking which i love but my husband was a bit disappointed. If you are a priority rewards member you get a few extra perks. Also there's a bar/ restaurant on the main floor along with a rather impressive pool.

The room was amazing and roomy. The bathroom was beautiful, the tub was wide and very comfortable even to a plus sized girl like myself.

The hotel trys to be economical by asking you to hang dry your towels but you can request daily pick ups.

You also receive a daily paper.

This hotel was simply wonderful as was the staff! They where very accompanying.

I wish i could have stayed longer but i will certainly be back!

• Stayed October 2012
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for allowing us to host your stay. And thank you for being a Priority Club member. Our local extras are just another way for us to show you, we value your membership and loyalty. Please come to stay with us again.
Callan Hamann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was a nice hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. It’s not the best Holiday Inn I’ve stayed in, but I got a room for a great price so I can’t complain too much. The hotel was clean and quiet. Overall, I enjoyed my stay.

There is a hotel shuttle which will take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius for free (no exactly sure of the distance, check with the hotel). There run on a specific schedule so you will need to plan ahead if you want the schedule. There is a DART station within walking distance of the hotel. Make sure you get a pass. You don't have to scan it, but you have to show the pass when one of the police officer walks through. And they check at random. I saw one person get kicked off for not having a pass. Basically, they take down your information and you can even get a fine.

The hotel is located a few blocks from the hospital district; so if you get really sick, you don’t have to travel far.

I did not get a chance to use the pool or workout room, so I cannot give a fair assessment of those facilities.

FYI, there is no continental breakfast. There is a $10 charge for a breakfast buffet, which is a fair value. I did enjoy happy hour in the bar. There had a few drink and appetizer specials.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CUTiger81
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Guest,
We are very close to the Dart light rail station. Many of our guests use the light rail for shopping at North Park (the largest mall in North Texas about 7 miles away). Our guests also enjoy the convenience of using Dart to attend large events at the American Airlines Center and Fair Park. Parking and congestion can become problematic. But most of all, we appreciate your compliment of our staff being friendly and helpful.
Please come to stay with us again,
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Good Price; where they shined is the Service. I was in town on business and I was running late for a meeting when u left my briefcase behind. The staff delivered my briefcase to my meeting location, pretty quick. I was impressed with the prompt professional service.

• Stayed September 2012
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the compliments about our service. As I have mentioned before, this is a true area of pride for my staff and I. We look forward to your return but we hope
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 10, 2012

So I came to dallas for a overnight stay as I was leaving from dallas love field the next day to go to orlando so this location was convient since I was also a priority member I thought I would be given "priority" on this stay boy was I wrong,

When I arrived after a long flight at around 3pm I was told your suite is not ready which was upsetting considering the fact I had called the day before asking them if I could get a early check in as I was traveling with 3 small children so just wanted to go in the room to get some rest didnt know my early check in request would be actually a late check in reality. As per previous reviews this hotels main problem is they never have suites ready excuse me if check in says 3pm I expect to be checked in at 3pm not 3 hours later as was the case.This hotel really needs to get there house keeping in order they either dont have enough staff or start cleaning rooms to late in any case waiting 3 hours for a room is unnacceptable, I dont care how many free food vouchers or drink vouchers they give you I didnt come to a hotel for a meal I came for a room!

So after about 3 hours in the lobby waiting for a room they wouldnt tell me what the heck was the hold up it dosnt take 2 hours to clean a room I even actually offered to go clean it myself as the wait was unbearable 3 tired screaming kids didnt help the matter and this hotel had the nerve to say the kids were being to noisy and running around disturbing the lobby! Excuse me if you would give me a room there wouldnt be a issue.

While waiting for a room in the lobby saw several muts coming in and out one took a dump on the floor I didnt even know they accepted pets at this place or else I wouldnt have stayed I can understand allowing small pets under a certain weight at a hotel but this place allows every and all types I saw a bull mastiff a pitbull golden retreiver you name it since when is a hotel a dog kennel!

After finally being given a room 3 hours after 3pm which was supposed to be check in the room was still dirty at this point I didnt care tried to relax and watch some tv but was surprised the remotes didnt work turns out they didnt even have batterys in them when I called the front desk to advise them I was told use the remote from the other tv which the room had 2 tvs but the other remote didnt have batterys either!

It was just problem after the problem the sofabed was broken when I complained about that I was told finally that was the reason the room was not ready in the first place!

This place needs to really shape up hire more cleaning staff quit allowing all kinds of muts into this place and quit trying to throw free breakfast vouchers around to try to fix the problem. I wont stay here again i know that much.

Room Tip: Dont get a suite
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jaxxcapone
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us. I have researched much of the information provided and found some slightly conflicting information. However, my goal is for your stay to be outstanding and I fully realize you did not enjoy your stay. I apologize for the trouble you encountered. We take pride in our service, including a quick and easy check in and a perfect room. We will address and insure a great stay for our next guest; and I appreciate your feedback in helping us to improve.
Callan Hamann

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Moore, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

This was Labor Day weekend and you would think it was the first week this hotel and staff ever worked in this building. Upon check-in, the lobby was very disorganized with people checking in and "waiting for rooms". Apparently there was a game at the stadium so all hotels were pretty full. I had a suite booked and I was a priority club member so I thought I wouldn't have an issue. 2 hours after arrival and several excuses including "housekeeping is behind", I decided it was time to cancel and go to another hotel. Lucky for us the Manager, Archie, got there and asked what the problem was and then proceeded to tell me that they "didn't have a suite for us, they were accommodating hospital people" that they could "get us in a regular room for 1/2 off". We settled for a comped room the first night to be moved to our suite the next night. They also gave us dinner at the restaurant which we didnt expect. We had big plans the next day, when we got the call that our suite was ready the next morning, I asked if we could move in and was told "housekeeping was behind and needed to clean it". We packed up and put our things in the car for the day. Ignace, the front desk clerk, must only know one answer! When we checked back in the evening Archie was back and more than helpful with telling us where to go to eat. This was BY FAR not a Holiday Inn Experience that I have ever had in the past. Disappointed to say the least. Did I let it ruin my vacation with my family .. No way!
Side Note: I normally see staff all the time at hotels. ie housekeeping, maintenance, and I didn't see any. Understaffed maybe?
I do think it is an overall clean hotel; however, I think they should move the smoking part from the front part of the door. Horrible smell when you are first coming in and right when your leaving.

• Stayed September 2012
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your feedback and will use the knowledge to improve our operation. Suites are a highly desired room type especially with our longer term guests, such as a guest visiting the hospital. Please note medical emergencies arise and those guests cannot check out as planned. I am sorry the suite was not ready for you but I am glad we were able to make the situation right. We will work to find a better solution moving forward with suites.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 15, 2012

re: the shuttle at Holiday Inn Market Center -
We enjoyed the use of the free shuttle immensely. It was great that the drivers knew the area well. Also, we wanted to give a special thanks to Cleveland; he was a wonderful, polite, friendly, knowledgable driver.

re: front desk -
Markus was super helpful and friendly at all times! We found him to be very efficient and he was glad to go above and beyond basic services to make sure we enjoyed our stay and had our needs and desires accommodated. (He made sure the shuttle, taxis, & limo were ready for us; got us into our room early and supplied free drink & breakfast tickets w/o our having to ask; happily stored our luggage as we had a late flight out; etc.)

The bar was an excellent relaxation spot - wish it had longer hours.
The hotel affiliated limo service worked perfectly for our concert event.
Christina in the office answered my OCDish emails in a timely fashion in the weeks before our stay.

We found the location to be quite convenient for all our plans, and the Hotels.com price was terrific. We would happily stay there again. (Don't forget to tip!)

Room Tip: Our room faced downtown Dallas and was great! We were near the elevator, so a bit of checkout noise...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your stay and I can tell from your comments you are a Priority Club Member. Priority Club members not only receive points but additional "Local Extras" from the hotel. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our services.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel is in a perfect location to get around the market area of Dallas. Great friendly staff. GM went out of his way to make sure all of our needs where met from food and beverage to entertainment around the downtown Dallas area. We will definitely be staying there on our visits back to Texas

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us. We do take pride in our hotel and the area. Dallas has so many attractions a few days do not even come close to doing the area justice. The Sixth Floor Museum, the Arboretum, Aquarium, Trammel Crow Asian Art Exhibit, and the Dallas Museum of Art are just the beginning. Please come again.