“Great chef”

Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center
Ranked #82 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed March 18, 2012

One of the best stays ever. We travel a great deal, this was almost like being home.
Chef Ray created some of the best food, was extremely satisfied. Usually we dine at different locations each night, the food was so good we had dinner at the hotel the entire week of our stay, it is that good.
My wife can't eat things like butter, salt and a few other items most enjoy, Chef Ray made plates that were not only something my wife could enjoy but were healthy for her. Chef Ray the next time we are in Dallas we will be staying here again, thank you.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite, it was perfect
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Stayed at this Holiday Inn on a crew layover. Nice hotel, very modern, really big, well decorated rooms. Flat screen tvs. Staff was nice. Room service woman was really awesome. I wish I could remember her name because she deserves kudos. Only downside is if you are on a layover without a car there isn't much nearby to do. But for anyone with transportation, great hotel, great price, great location, great staff.

Room Tip: Ask for what you would like. Staff is very receptive to helping you get what you want.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lindsey b
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Dear Guest,
We appreciate your stay and review. The hotel shuttle does offer transportation within a 3 mile radius at appointed times which includes the West Village (for shopping, dining and a movie) and Victory Park (American Airlines Center, House of Blues, and some boutique shopping). Of course downtown is included in our radius with the original Neiman Marcus. If you want to really take shopping to the next level, try taking the red line Dart Light Rail to North Park Center (largest mall in North Texas).
Yours in hospitality,
Callan Hamann
GM

Reviewed February 3, 2012

I stayed here rather than drive into Dallas for a Dr appointment @ UT Southwestern Medical center. The room was very clean and comfortable. The shuttle driver brought me right to the building I need to be for my appointment. (UT Southwestern is SPRAWLING) I was Very pleased with my stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Stayed here 1 night for a seminar in the area. Friendly staff, comfortable bed, flat panel tv with a good selection of channels, great water pressure in the shower - room was very clean. My only complaint is our inability to adjust the room temperature to our liking. The thermostat doesn't have a/c or heat, you can only adjust the temperature up or down. We could get all the hot/warm air we wanted, but we thought the room was too hot and stuffy - we finally just turned it off and the room cooled down eventually.
Overall a good choice for the area and I would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us. And we are close and convenient to Market Hall, World Trade Center and the InfoMart. As a quick tip, make sure you try the Original Market Diner next time you are in town. The meatloaf is very popular.
We recently made the switch to the new thermostats. They are a little different than an in home thermostat, but the advantage is during the Spring and Fall. The units will be able to switch between heating and cooling without the guest needing to make the switch on the unit. Long term we believe the benefit to our guest will be a strong positive.
Yours in hospitality,
Callan Hamann
GM

Reviewed January 18, 2012

I was very impressed with the staff at this hotel. They truly went out of their way to help you. I will definetly be back and recommend you try them too.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Ca. And liked it so much we made a point of stopping on the return. The staff is incredibly friendly, helpful, and competent. The rooms very comfortable and the diner next door is great for breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice in 2011 and enjoyed my stay both times. It was convenient to my location in Dallas, and since I had my dog with me both times, I can say they were very accommodating to my needs when traveling with a pet. The first time, I needed to check in early and they were more than happy to help. The other time, I needed a later checkout (6 p.m.) and they did not charge me extra.

The hotel was clean and spacious. I'd definitely recommend for work/travel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo