Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center
$169
$189
$184
  • Restaurant
All reviewsoriginal market dinerdallas market centerfront deskparkland hospitalmedical centerharry hinesfree shuttleshuttle servicehotel shuttlean older hotellove field airportbeds were comfortablewould stay here againbreakfast buffetwithin milesking suitelate check
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Hotel was clean, rooms vey nice and roomy. Restaurant food was very good and excellent value. Wait staff was superb. The hotel is situated between 2 train tracks. The train runs all day and most of the night. Whistle blows are extremely loud! Even earplugs didn't work and sleep was intermittent. Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel and you will only get a few trains during the night. The track on the front side has trains about every 30 to 45 minutes. The diner next door is excellent as well. I would not stay here again due to the trains. Otherwise the hotel was very nice.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Joal M
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the compliments about our rooms, their cleanliness, food and service. It is our goal to be a great hotel guests love. We are centrally located to the main areas of Dallas and noise is the unfortunate side effect. The back side or pool side of the hotel is considerably more quiet. And I must agree the Original Market Diner, next door, should be featured on the food networks...diner, drive-ins, etc. Always check out their blue plate special.

Reviewed October 1, 2011

Trip Advisor has been used for several years to learn about hotels before I leave for my stay even if I use Hotwire to book my trip as I did in this case. This visit was one more case where reading the reviews of other travelers prepared me for my stay. My priority is that the rooms and property are clean and safe. This Holiday Inn was better than the average Holiday Inn. Based on my visit, I recommend this hotel to other travelers. Parkland Hospital is nearby. The hotel offers free transportation within a 5 mile radius if conferences are in those locations.

My room was small but clean, neat and reasonably updated. Nothing fancy but okay. No smoke or perfume smell. Clean. Neat. Parking lot has dark areas. Most guests avoided the dark areas. The staff was professional and courteous. Housekeeping in my room was excellent. While I did not eat in the dining area, there were many who did. There was a diner across the street which is the only food service nearby. Many cars were there. The train station is about a 15 minute walk south of the hotel and Parkland Hospital is about a 20 to 30 minute walk. The metro train runs very close behind the building. Train horn sounded about every hour on the weekend until about 9pm at night and trains until about 10:30 at night.

The beds were firm but not hard. The blankets were used by everyone. I prefer the sheet layer with the blanket in the middle, but these were the only blanket on the top. The TV was flat screen. The bathrooms were small but a small dressing area made it bigger.

My toilet was slow to flush which I attributed to the age of the building. None of these occurrences discouraged me. The meeting rooms were smaller than other Holiday Inns. The pool area was an okay size with chairs and extra towels. The fitnes room was up to date. The parking area is large but spread out. The building is curved which makes the rooms the slight shape of an angle. This was a Days Inn which explains why this is not a typical Holiday Inn structure. Weekend breakfast buffet is $12.95 per person. . Dinner runs about $18.00 per person.

Shortly after arriving, I received a call from the staff about my satisfaction with the room. A wine glass from a previous guest was left outside my door prior to my arrival. I asked that it be picked up and 24 hours later, the glass was still there. I moved the glass to the table in front of the elevator and it was picked up. I guess this is how they handle room service cleanup in full service hotels in Dallas:-) I would stay here again and recommend it to others. This Holiday Inn seems to have good management which helps travelers have a better stay.

Room Tip: If the noise from the trains will bother you during the day, ask for a room with minimum noise. My room was booked on Hotwire. My room was at the same level as the elevated track so I heard the trains clearly. The hotel is very busy at night especially on Saturday night. Many groups book here. Ask for a quiet room if you need one.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us. We do strive to be a great hotel guests love. We are very close to the medical area (2 blocks), the Dart Light Rail (1 block), and Central Downtown (1.5 miles). And we are very grateful you noticed our attention to detail with housekeeping.
I do want to apologize for taking too long to remove the wine glass from the hallway. My staff and I will insure this is not a recurring issue. Also, two thirds of our hotel is away from the regular railway but feel free to ask for a room on the pool side or back side of the hotel.
My only amendment would be the price of dinner. Many of our Sandwiches are $10 or less and include your choice of French Fries or Onion Rings. Please join us for dinner the next time you are in town.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

My hubby and I stayed there for a rest night while moving to California...The price was great, staff was nice, and they accommodated our pets well! The location was decent...nothing in walkable range, but a short 2-3 mile drive to most places. The only "bad" feed I have is the rooms never got overly chilled, just a humid cool. Also, we be cautious with drinks at the bar, we spent $30 on 2 drinks ( granted they were both doubles)
Overall, we enjoyed our stay!

Courtney Bourgeois

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I stayed here this past weekend for a Ambit Energy conference that was held at the near by Hilton Anatole. From the second I checked in the service was absolutely amazing! Although the rooms were average and kind of small (there were random hairs in the shower and on the last night there was a small baby lizard running around the bathroom) and the hallways are EXTREMEMLY confusing, the service that I recieved while staying there was some of the best i've ever recieved. The hotel is a short walking distance from the Anatole so its location for the weekend was amazing for it's price. The location otherwise kind of sucks though (the train runs across the street so it can get a little loud; nothing too bad though) It's about a 20 min drive to DFW (so be prepared to pay for an over-priced Dallas taxi) and the only restaurant other than the nearby Hotel restaurants is a diner across the street (I heard it was pretty good) and a Denny's up the block. (service was horrible here) Luckily they have a restaurant/bar in the hotel that was suprisingly pretty good. The chef Ray is one of the coolest people I met during my trip. Not to mention that he can actually cook (had pizza and the steak meal which were both very good) And the person who served and rung me up, Miguel, was also very nice. Overall this hotel's facilities were just average but the service here would definately make me want to stay again. Some of the nicest and most helpful people I encountered while in Dallas.

--Amanda

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2011

Dear Amanda,
Thank you very much for your compliments about our service. We truly enjoy taking care of our guests. The Director of Housekeeping and I have spoken about the bathroom and this will be corrected as well. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel for a meeting. It is convenient to Love Field (not DFW). This is an aging facility that is showing its years. It's been updated but the quality of work is lacking. For instance, there are no soap dishes in the showers and caulk was used liberally to hide large gaps in bathroom tile. The A/C never got the room very cool. Elevators are very old and tend to malfunction. My room, however, had a comfortable bed and updated TV. The staff were very nice and were always accomodating. Food in the hotel is average but there's a nice diner next door that was very good. Not much else in the immediate area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business