I have stayed @ The Westin Dallas, Galleria several times)so, i'm very familair with this hotel). It's located off 635 & the Dallas North Tollway, with easy access to all Major interstates in DFW. The hotel is of course attached to the Galleria, with about 200 upscale stores (ie. Saks, Nordstrom, Gucci, Louis Vuitton etc.) The front entrance, sky-suites & pool are still under renovation, but the rest of the property recently completed a total renewal prcoess, so the rooms, lobby, new restaurant ( the 2nd. floor) etc are all very modern, contemporary & very nice. My room, (1309) faced the tollway, but was not noisy. The view is better on the city side of the hotel. The beds are comfy, but the pillows are not good (they are super soft, which I don't like, but some love). The sink in the bathroom is very trendy with a Sliding frosted glass door to close off the bathroom. The 'heavenly' showers are amazing:) The room also has a nice window seat, ample desk area, huge flat screen t.v., mini-bar, coffee maker w/ starbucks etc. FYI ( The mini-bar in the room is Automatic, so if you even if you touch something without eatiing it, it will be posted to your folio). The front desk agent (Everett) told me the hotel is about to get postings to let the guests know about this in the room, but in my opinion, the hotel needs to have the front desk tell guests this before they check-in. However, any front desk agent will remove the charges from your bill automatically without any problems, as he did. Everett was also very charming, super efficient & a pleasure to talk to. The Concierge (Susan) is also fantastic at her job. I called the day before to have some Chocolate covered strawberries to be waiting in my room upon-arrival, as it was my moms birthday & when we arrived to our room, not only was everything in order, complete with a beautiful flower & personal note, but Susan came up to our room, checked on my mom & I, & offered us Chilled water---she was the highlight of our stay & was extremely kind, very polite & really a pleasure to chat with. Our room was a little hot, but the a/c worked fine once it was on for a little while (The rooms are really sunny, so when you leave the room, be sure to turn off the lights & pull down the shades to keep the room cooler). Overall, we love staying here for shopping when in Dallas & I will continue to stay here when my travels bring to to the Dallas area. Northpark Center in Dallas about 15 min from the hotel is also a great mall to visit. Hope this helps & safe travels---cheers:)
ps. when in Dallas, check out the following restaurants: ALL VERY GOOD!!:)
1. Uncle Julio's: Awesome Mexican (Keller Springs/Pkwy).
2. P.F. Chang's: Amazing Chinese (Dallas Pkwy/Northpark)
3. Mi Cocina: Good Mexican (Galleria, Ice Rink level)
4. Thristy's: GREAT Smoothies (Galleria, 3rd. floor.)
Patrick Mark Winkler
New York, N.Y.
10 August 2008
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Galleria Dallas is the gateway to all points north, south, east and west in the Metroplex. Enjoy access to the best shopping, dining, and entertainment in prestigious North Dallas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Starwood, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone and HotelsClick so you can book your The Westin Galleria Dallas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Galleria Dallas Hotel Dallas
- Westin Galleria Dallas
- Westin Dallas
- Dallas Westin