“Great Location to Shop”

Ranked #6 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The Westin Galleria opens directly into the Dallas Galleria, so shopping access is excellent. The rooms are comfortable and updated, and of course...there is the Westin Bed!!!!

There are several dining options close by, or even walking within the Galleria.

Book early, and the price can be quite good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Hi WoodlandsDoc,
We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Galleria Dallas and are so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Our location within the Galleria Dallas shopping center complex is certainly convenient so I'm glad you were able to take advantage of it during your trip. We look forward to welcoming you back in your future travels to Dallas.

Courtney Morrow
Marketing & Social Media Manager

There are newer reviews for The Westin Galleria Dallas

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Westin Galleria Dallas room was very nice and modern. The bedding was super nice and comfortable. Love the separation of bathroom from the living area. The hotel is connected to a high end mall. Also, great restaurants too. Lastly, the staff was incredible from the doormen to guest representatives.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lovetotravel318
westingalleria, Director of Sales at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Hello lovetotravel318,

We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay at The Westin Galleria Dallas. Connecting with our guests is our goal, and we are happy we were able to connect with you.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

As I previously wrote, this hotel is clean, safe, wonderfully located (at the Galleria) and secure: a great choice for those visiting this part of the Dallas area. The hotel has undergone a major refurbishment that has really improved the accommodations and the general ambience. My suite was large, comfortable and modern in decor. The walk-in shower was well designed with the ability to turn on the water without getting wet, though the pressure (on the 16th floor) was a little less than I like. Bedding was comfortable with good support, plenty of pillows and great linens. Housekeeping staff were efficient and the room was clean. Polite, friendly service was evident. Altogether, an even better property than it was.

Room Tip: High floors are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
westingalleria, Director of Sales at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Hello allidoistravel,

What a clever name for you reflecting your extensive and now expertise in travel. Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a generous review. We are so proud of the recent renovation: and we are thrilled you were able to experience the re-imagining of Westin Galleria Dallas.

Thanks again,

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The Westin Galleria Dallas is a very good SPG property. One of if not the best Westin that I've stayed in. Access to the hotel is very easy. It's location adjoining the Galleria in Dallas is a big plus. Lots of upscale shopping and good dining options in that area of North Dallas. My room was also nicely appointed and very roomy. Excellent shower. I will definitely stay here again when I'm back in Dallas.

One caution for any business travelers: depending on where you need to be for meetings the construction on I-635 will have a dramatic affect on your ability to get around the DFW area. In a word, the traffic is horrendous. My advice is stick to the Dallas North tollway and George Bush tollway and go around it. If you can't and you need to get to Irving / Los Colinas or DFW airport, give yourself plenty of time to get through that mess.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sojoerner

Hello Sojoerner,

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Westin Galleria Dallas. Yes, the 635 project is extensive, and we are looking forward to the improved access. Thanks for tolerating it to get to your home away from home in Dallas.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I travel to Dallas several times monthly for business and this is my favorite property in the area. The hotel has a modern and fresh atmosphere with a striking interior design. The staff is always friendly and the housekeeping is impeccable. Even stairway areas, which are often ignored by housekeeping staff, are kept very clean. The workout area is large with a variety of modern equipment as expected for a Westin. The Executive Lounge is open and comfortable with great service. The breakfast selection in the lounge is modest but better than at most Starwood properties. The evening reception features a good selection of complimentary snacks and beverages.

Since the hotel is attached to the Galleria mall there are several reasonably priced and good dining options within a quick walk. Parking in the mall lots is free. Other than the mall there is not much within walking distance but the hotel is within a short drive of many major business areas in Dallas.

Room Tip: The sky rooms offer a unique layout with a tub and a good view of the city.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank getrandom

Dear getrandom,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Westin Galleria Dallas! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back really soon.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

After driving 1400miles from California to Dallas, Texas, we arrived exhausted to the Westin Galleria Hotel at around 8pm. We were traveling with our dog Lola, a small pomeranian chihuahau, our baby! We checked in and went to our room, at around 9:20pm my husband and I left our room to get some food while my doggie Lola was falling asleep in our room. We came back to the room about an hour later and Lola was gone! No one had called us! No voicemail left, and my heart sank! I called the front desk and they said they had Lola with them, that the front desk manager, Jessica Weisel, had taken her from our room and that she was on her way up to our room with Lola! I was furious! Who goes into someones room without permission! Why hadn't anyone called us! THE WORST PART IS When the front desk manager arrived to our room she told us that she had "lost"our dog, Lola. She said there really was no point in looking for her because the property was too big! My husband and I could not believe it! We were furious and afraid for Lola. Who in the world would do such an awful thing! Jessica stole our dog and claimed she lost her outside in the parking lot..tons of cars driving around! I am not sure about anything..if Lola did run away or if she was hidden somewhere! Every single staff memeber in the hotel said that what Jessica did was AGAINST THE RULES THAT IT WAS ILLEGAL TO GO INTO SOMEONE'S ROOM WITHOUT CONSENT! She even went through my bag to get Lola's harness and leash! We were in shock and still are! All staff thought the same thing: that Jessica wanted to steal my Lola! My husband and I looked everywhere! I begged Jessica to go outside to help us look for her but she said there was no point and just stood there! After several days of searching for Lola, we had to come back home without our beloved family dog! My husband and I continue our search for Lola! We have done everything to try and locate her! We still cannot believe this happened! Our way back home was full of tears and we are still really upset and heartbroken at what happened in this hotel. I cannot understand the situation or why Jessica did what she did. Do not stay here ever! and Whatever you do..do not take your pets here!You never know who will be in your room when you are out..you might come back to a room without your belongings or your pet! Just AWFUL!

We will never stop searching for Lola and telling her story! We need to find her!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
29  Thank SusyValencia
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The room was awesome - very clean - temperature was very cool in the room and being there at the Galleria was great too!
I will plan to stay at this hotel again as the service was great, check in was easy and the decor is beautiful!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Hi koonracer24,
Thank you for your thorough of your recent stay with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas. It's so nice to see that you had such a memorable experience with us and we look forward to having you back with us in the near future.

Courtney Morrow