“Outstanding service”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Darien, Connecticut
“Outstanding service”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have stayed at the Westin Galleria on business for 4 to 6 trips a year over the past several years and have always been very pleased with the rooms and service. The concierges have gone above and beyond in their services, locating fed ex packages sent to me, retrieving an item left at checkout, etc. The restaurant - Oceannaire - on the ground floor, while not owned by the hotel, is superb both for dinner or a quick bite at the bar - and is very comfortable for women traveling alone. The hotel connects to the mall and there are other choices and shopping available - Saks, Nordstrom, Mexican and other casual dining places.

Two quick caveats - book well in advance as the hotel does sell out on a regular basis. And some of the rooms on the upper floors have a bit of a quirky layout with the bath separated from the rest of the room by a walk through foyer with a door to an unused balcony.

All in all a great hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mary n
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Hi mary n,

We appreciate the feedback you provided on your recent stay with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas. I am glad to hear that our close proximity to Galleria Dallas shopping and dining options were able to meet your needs. Your kind comments regarding the excellent service you received from our hotel staff is also much appreciated as we strive to ensure that our guests leave feeling better than when they arrived. We are so happy you came back to stay with us as we value your loyalty.

We look forward to having you back with us on your next trip!

The Westin Galleria Dallas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Korean first
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We recently stayed here for a cousin's wedding weekend, and we had the best time. The rooms were excellently kept, lots of space, very clean and the beds are very comfortable. The galleria, a premiere shopping point of interest in Dallas, is literally connected to the lobby of the hotel. Nice swimming pool with cabana and pool bed areas to use. Our only complaint was a strange odor in the A/C which woke us up at 4 a.m. the first night, but it was remedied by the hotel engineer and the hotel was very accomodating. If you have younger daughters, the American Girl store is in the same parking lot as the hotel, making this an extremely convienent place to stay for that experience. We highly recommend it, and we would gladly stay here again. We had access to the free continental breakfast on the 21st floor which we would describe as just okay, but again it was FREE, so beggars cannot be choosers!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hi austinelvisfans,

Thank you for your feedback. We're so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas for your cousin’s wedding. I apologize for the issue you experienced with your guestroom’s air conditioner, and I appreciate you bringing that to our attention while you were with us so we could to fix it.

Come back and see us on your next trip to Dallas!

Oklahoma
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights with the husband. Check in was extremely fast and friendly, however, the parking garage was a big cumbersome to navigate but self parking was free so can't complain too much! We stayed on the 12th floor and had a clean, comfortable, updated room. The bed was very comfortable, the shower was nice and roomy with plenty of hot water and dual shower heads. While the hotel was very crowded, the floors seemed pretty quiet and elevators were timely. The one complaint we had was the thermostat is motion sensored so the room never got to our desired temperature and stayed quite warm during our stay. The location of the hotel to the mall was super convenient! Just a short walk from the lobby down the hall and you were in the heart of the Galleria! We didn't get a chance to try the restaurants so I can't comment on those but they leave coupons in your room for $ off of entrees or free appetizers with entree purchase. The pool was clean, but super crowded with kids! There are seating area's with small cabana like rooms but they fill up fast! All in all, we would definately stay here again but might request a different room with a different a/c unit.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi SpoiledOklahoma,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas and that you were able to take advantage of the special $10 discount and complimentary appetizer offer to our onsite restaurant, The Second Floor Bistro – Bar. Although you encountered a setback with our guestroom’s air conditioning unit, I appreciate you bringing that to our attention so we may look into any adjustments needed.

We would love to have you back with us on your next trip to Dallas!

Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Westin Galleria is in an excellent location, just north of 635 on Dallas Parkway. Its incredibly convenient for shopping at the galleria. You literally walk out of the lobby into the mall. There are many dining options there as well, both inside the mall and inside the Westin. The room was spacious, clean, quite, comfortable and modern. Large windows with nice city views. Our room was on the 19th floor. The bathroom was large with a nice walk-in shower. For $35.00 we upgraded to the concierge level. We enjoyed complimentary beverages and hors d\'oeuvre's in the concierge lounge. We will absolutely stay here again! I look forward to it.

Room Tip: We upgraded to the concierge level and were on the 19th floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TXtravelbug05
Hi TXtravelbug05,

Thank you for the feedback you provided about your recent stay with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas. I am so glad our prime location location and onsite service and amenities exceeded your expectations during your stay.

We would love to have you back on your next trip to Dallas!

Watauga, Texas
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I recently stayed two nights for the annual North Texas Soccer Annual General Meeting. Having stayed in thousands of different hotel rooms throughout my life I must say this was a great experience. The rooms were comfortable. The amenities were top notch. The per son who checked us in went well beyond expectations in making sure I was tended to promptly and accurately (wish I remembered his name.. I just remember the shaved head).
As a child I used to stay here quite often with my grandparents as my grandfather attended medical conventions. I was surprised how much things seemed the same but yet nothing was outdated. I was able to reflect with my son about trips as a boy but yet not a single comfort was compromised.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hi Andrew A,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am so glad you were able to have a mindful meeting and that your experience exceeded your expectations. It is always nice to hear when a guest has a particularly memorable experience like you did with your son and your stays with us as a child.

We appreciate your feedback and will make sure to share your kind words with our staff. We hope to have you back with us again in the near future.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here fifteen years ago and , while the location hasn't changed, the decor and vibe sure have. This is a VERY comfortable place in a great location. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel for its big, comfy rooms and consistent attention to detail. Y'all stay here!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank SacAnnie
Hi SacAnnie,

Thank you so much for the excellent remarks about The Westin Galleria Dallas’ hotel interior and excellent comfort. Our 2009 renovation created the perfect atmosphere for our guests to relax in a comfortable, inviting space. We are so happy you came back to stay with us as we value your loyalty.

Come back and see us soon because 15 years is way too long for us to visit with our favorite guests!

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The conference was held at the Westin Galleria Hotel which is attached to a huge mall. The conference rooms were great. The sound system was the best I've ever seen at large events. I saw staff assistance immediately the single time we needed it over a two-day conference.
The fact that preferred guests are on floors 14+ (?) and I was on the 11th floor in a regular room that I loved! The preferred guests even get treadmills I heard. Upon request, a refrigerator was brought to my room, which was large and clean. My room was made feather free in five minutes. The front desk found my iphone and held onto it for me. Great service all-around.

• Stayed July 2012
Hi Tamara D,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas. I am so glad you were able to have a productive and upscale conference experience in our hotel. In regards to your mention about in-room exercise equipment, with our recent upgrades to our WestinWorkout facility, we simply offer our Westin Gear Lending program, which enables our guests to rent New Balance workout apparel during their stay.

We are so glad you encountered a positive experience with us and look forward to having you back again!