“Best business trip....”

Ranked #9 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 7, 2012

The Westin is strategically located close to downtown but most importantly it is connected to the Galleria Mall with three levels containing anything you might want or need outside of the normal hotel amenities. The room was excellent and the bed did wonders for my lower back, much better than my own bed at home. The staff is great, the hotel is great....I was made to feel very important during my stay.

Bobby B

Room Tip: get a room up high for a fantastic view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Hi rbalestro,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our property. I’m so happy that our prime location within the Galleria Dallas shopping complex and convenient distance from downtown Dallas were pleasing to you. As our Signature Westin Heavenly Bed contains 10 layers of pure comfort, I’m glad you were able to have an extraordinary sleep experience and sooth your back troubles. If you would like to take home a little piece of Westin, you are able to purchase the Heavenly Bed from the Westin Home Collection on the Westin Website.

Our team here at The Westin Galleria Dallas look forward to seeing you again soon!

The Westin Galleria Dallas

Write a ReviewReviews (1,268)

Reviewed May 1, 2012

This Westin is located on the very busy corner Loop 635 and the Dallas Tollway; it's one of the anchors of the Galleria Mall, a huge multi-story shopping mall. Despite it's location, we spent two nights there and were amazed that our room was so quiet. Our 11-floor room overlooked the pool below which is located on the fourth floor. Check-in was efficient, we valet parked the car, which is pricey, but convenient. Our room was large, with a comfortable king and plenty of pillows. Super clean, very modern decor, lovely bathroom with a walk-in shower. Those are the PROS.

The CONS: on-site breakfast, while good, was expensive and the waiters were spread thin. Consequently, service was slow. On a Saturday morning, we didn't know nor could we determine if there was a restaurant open inside the mall. The wi-fi was very expensive, basically $10 for 12 hours.

The wedding reception we attended in one of the hotel's banquet rooms was very nice, and the hotel catering was excellent. Our rate of $219 was a special block rate.

Would we stay here again? Yes! We'd just make better plans for breakfast.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the mall side of the hotel, rather than the tollway side. Upper floors, a...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Hi Nittie,

I am glad our in-room amenities and decor throughout the property were pleasing to you during your recent stay. It is always our goal to ensure that from our signature Westin Heavenly bed and shower to the superior service we provide, our guests are able to rest easy and escape the everyday.

Although your breakfast experience was less than you hoped for, we are always happy to provide you with additional dining options in the Galleria Dallas shopping center or throughout DFW. In the meantime, I am happy you enjoyed our hotel's award-winning catered cuisine at the wedding you attended and were able to take in the serene views of our upscale pool area.

Thank you so much for your review, and we look forward to having you back with us again!

Reviewed April 28, 2012

My husband and I travel to Dallas every April. We have stayed in numerous North Dallas hotels over the past 7 years. We thoroughly enjoyed the Westin on this stay.

Lobby staff was wonderful. Friendly, prompt and gave us new keys each time my husband forgot and placed his near his magnitized money clip!

The rooms were spotless, the bed was clean and very comfortable. We loved the huge shower and wonderful towels. The view was spectacular!

We will stay here again next April and recommend to others.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Hi Carol B!

Thank you so much for your kind review of your recent stay with us. It is always nice to hear the specific elements of guests' experiences enjoyed during their stay at The Westin Galleria Dallas as it helps us ensure we are providing the best service and amenities possible.

We can't wait to have you back with us again soon!

Reviewed April 25, 2012

WOW! Not only did my husband get a smokin' deal on this room it was one of the best night's sleep I've ever had in a hotel. Maybe we just lucked out and we just hit the jackpot with a new bed, but it was not your normal sagging hotel room bed. Not only that but the woman who cleaned our room paid attention to detail, making sure everything was dusted, clean and left in a brand-new condition.

We also were amazed by the wonderful view with two of our walls joining for one spectacular view. It felt more like a penthouse than a "hotel". They provided 2 bottles of water complimentary, which is a rarity in luxury hotels these days.

As well, usually with these kinds of properties there is a required valet parking rule where any savings on the room is quickly taken when they bring your car and gouge you with fees. Not so in this case either. FREE parking! I am in customer satisfaction heaven!

The only down side is if you don't get parking right outside the hotel, you will be subject to walking through the 3 story mall with your luggage, and that, on a busy day would cause me to use unpleasant adjectives.

Overall it was a wonderful get-away and I most certainly will be back when I am longing for a quiet evening with an amazing view and good company.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Hi Lilusmom,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel and amenities. I am so glad that you able to rest comfortably Westin Heavenly Bed and unwind as they are incredibly luxurious. Come back and stay with us for your next getaway!

Reviewed April 25, 2012

I enjoyed our weekend stay at this hotel. The hotel is attached to the Galleria mall. It is few steps away from the American Girl store in Dallas- a must see for families with little girls like mine.
I booked this hotel through American Express travel and the price is just the same as what the hotel website offers. Price is reasonable for a hotel with this rating. I was very disappointed with their sheets and towels. My towel rugs are definitely better than their bath towels- theirs are old and dingy. Very comparable to the towels that you see in cheap hair salons or spas. Very disappointing. Their sheets are not any better. Dirty and old. No matter how much times you wash them but because they are really old and used , they will never look clean and fresh. I think for 200/day accommodation, the hotel can afford new sets of towels and sheets. Time to throw those towels and sheets away.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Courtney V, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Hi PalanggaTexas,

Thank you for your review. I’m glad you were able to enjoy our close proximity to the Galleria Dallas, especially the American Girl store with your little girls. I apologize that the linens in your guest room were less than pleasing, but I appreciate you bringing this to our attention as we will look further into the state of our towels and sheets to determine which ones need to be replaced. On your next stay with us, please note that our front desk and housekeeping staff are always happy to accommodate any requests for amenity and toiletry replacements or provide assistance on any other needs you may have.

We look forward to having you back with us!

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Very large, comfortable room. Comfortable bed, decent furniture, big window letting in lots of light. Very much a large corporate chain, all the rooms pretty much identical (benchmarked against colleagues' who were staying with me), though that said I had an end-of-corridor room which had an even larger bathroom appropriate for people with mobility issues. Long corridors straight out of The Shining. Location is where a map will show you - work out if that is appropriate for your stay. It is indeed right on the mall, which has plentiful shopping, cafes, an ice rink etc. Smallish bar on first floor with good service. Ate late(ish) at Oceanaire and had good seafood (was able to compare 3 or 4 different types of US oysters as a starter) but reluctant, bad service from a waiter who clearly was annoyed that we were keeping him from going home (we arrived well within the time that the restaurant stated it was open). We were sanguine about this but it would have ruined the dinner had it been something we'd been particularly looking forward to. Lobby staff, however, were great and all in all couldn't fault it. Good value, too.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Hi semdocumentos,

Thank you for your detailed review. I am glad that you were pleased with your overall stay and experience. However, I apologize that your service at The Oceanaire Seafood Room was less than satisfactory, but I am glad that you were able to enjoy their delectable cuisine as it is truly some of the best around!

We look forward to having you back with us in the future!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

The Westin is quite a nice facility with welcoming front office staff. The men and women at around the front desk are quite accommodating and friendly. (However, this is another beautiful hotel with lackluster front door staff! It is so easy and essential for the first person to enthusiastically greet visitors! Not ever done here.). Everyone else makes up for them, even the support staff in the meeting areas.
Nice views from the rooms. Each room is large, and comfortable, with very comfortable beds and well-appointed bath rooms.
Great work-out area, just ok outdoor pool.
Galleria mall connected makes for good people watching, and shopping.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Hi Speaker76,

Thank you for reviewing your experience with us. I appreciate you bringing to our attention that our front door staff did not greet you as eagerly as you had hoped for upon your arrival, and I assure you that the level of enthusiasm will be improved in the future. Come back and see us again soon!