“5 Star treatment with gorgeous rooms, lobby and lounge!!!”

Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas
Ranked #12 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
Nashville, TN
“5 Star treatment with gorgeous rooms, lobby and lounge!!!”
Reviewed April 10, 2006

I can't believe that I waited so long to give this jewel of a property a try. I stay in Dallas about 4 to 8 nights a month and have stayed at all of the so called "4 and 5 diamond" properties. None of them in this area (Dallas/Ft. Worth) can touch the service, the ambience or the location of this property. Trust me when I say to all that this is a must try. Once you stay there, I believe you will be hooked. Not only did I feel like a star when I entered the lobby, but I actually saw several current movie and TV stars having a drink in their wonderful lounge.

The Melrose Hotel has given me a bunch more reasons to stay in Dallas as much as I can.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the wonderful experience!!!!!!!

2 Thank rsamardzia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
North Carolina
Reviewed March 27, 2006

I was in town for a week long conference and all the downtown hotels were already booked. I was trying to decide between Melrose and Renaissance Market Center. Based on reviews here, I booked this hotel. The positives: The staff is friendly and attentive. I have no complaints, superior service A++++. I forgot my tootbrush and they promptly brought one to my room, room service is VERY fast. The rooms are HUGE compared to a standard room. The bathroom is very big. Order the Belgium waffles for breakfast as they are fantastic. Across from a Walgreens which is convenient if you need some necessities. Free wireless access in the lobby, but $10 a day in your room.

The negatives or neutrals: The hotel is not really near anything. They advertise that they are near the upscale Turtle Creek neighborhood, which is really nothing spectacular. In fact, I did not feel safe walking around the corner. There is very limited food selection for room service and it is a bit more expensive than some other hotels I have stayed. So you have to go and eat. As I do not rent a car, I have to eat close by. There are no good places to eat in walking distance. There is a cool little vegetarian place called the Cosmic Cafe around the corner that's about it. Also the West Village shopping center 5 minutes away is nothing great. Though I did get great Tirmasu at an Italian place there. Pay the extra cabfare and go to the Galleria Mall or if you want upscale shopping go to Highland Park

I am always leery of cleanliness in older hotels. The bathroom tub really needed a good scrubbing with comet. And there was this glob of what probably looked like soap on the bathroom floor. I kept meaning to complain about this but did not have time. And yet the tub never got cleaner and the mystery glob stayed on the bathroom floor the 5 days I was there.

The work desk area is poorly lit. There needs to be a light behnd you to illuminate this area more. So at night it is difficult to work at the desk. Fairly limited number of TV stations compared to other hotels. And the workout area consists of the typical hotel equipment, meaning a few cardio machines. Nothing extraordinary.

Some members of the room service staff have trouble speaking/understanding English. Twice when I have called they needed someone to call me back who understood me. But to be fair, I was called back right away.

The library bar is cool, but drinks are over priced. The Landmark restaurant is very pricey also, and since I did not eat there I cannot comment on the food.

I wouldn't say not to stay at this hotel as my stay certainly was not a negative one, however, I would not necessarily recommend it either. If you are looking for things to do, stay at downtown hotel. I had colleagues who stayed at the downtown Hyatt and the Hilton Anatole who said they were fantastic. I will say Trip Advisor is usually on the money with reviews and I am suprised this hotel is rated in the top 5 in Dallas.

6 Thank OnTheRoadWithMe
NY, NY
Reviewed March 17, 2006

I have become so addicted to Tripadvisor that I always check first before making reservations be it for business or leisure.

I've not been home 24 hours but I had to write about the Melrose hotel which I decided on after reading other reviews; I was not disapointed. The hotel is beautiful and the staff was out of this world.

I taveled to the Dallas to give a presentation, and we decided to get a conf. room at the hotel to have our meeting. The staff went out of their way to help us, impressed our clients and impressed my boss. Honestly- I've never seen such service and I travel all over the place, all the time.

Amazing- if I go back to Dallas, I'm staying there.

2 Thank jengator
Reviewed February 20, 2006

My husband and I stayed at The Melrose Hotel in Dallas, Texas for the evening and had the most relaxing, wonderful time! The great experience began when we checked into our beautiful room. The decor of the room was lovely and welcoming (and could not have been any cleaner!). The fitness center was great with new exercise equipment. The highlight of the stay had to be the wonderful service at The Library Bar and The Landmark Restaurant, both located in the hotel. The drinks and food were the best we have had. The entire stay makes us want to go back as often as we possibly can! We have already told many friends about our fantastic "date-night" we had at The Melrose.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed February 10, 2006

This was my second stay at the wonderful Melrose. A former frequent guest of the Crescent Court, the Melrose has it all over them for service, warmth, and the true definition of hospitality. From the moment you enter, you feel as though you are home. The Bar is fabulous, the food excellent, and the Front Desk staff is second to none, especially Michael. And..for the business traveler, the location is fantastic and you can actually walk places. Thanks again to all and see you soon!

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank maxster
Reviewed January 14, 2006

Wow!!! That is all I can say about the wonderful stay I had at the Melrose Hotel Dallas Texas. The place is beautiful, the staff are attentive, the food was excellent, and the service was great.
I used Trip Advisor to decide between the Melrose Hotel and another one. Based on the recommendations I read, I went with the Melrose Hotel. The time I spent reading reviews was well worth the effort. I couldn't have been more satisfied. The bathroom itself was huge and had a very spa like feel!!!! The room was very clean. The room service breakfast was fantastic. You also have to try the Library (bar) and must experience the Landmark Restaurant. In addition, there is a shuttle service that runs in the very immediate area (like a mile or two radius)to any location and will also pick up in the same radius. The drivers were very pleasant and courteous. I highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 20, 2005

Nice, clean, historic hotel. Friendly staff. Did not have a chance to try the LandMark restaurant for dinner but the breakfast was very good. Since it was our first time to Dallas, we chose to take a taxi to the Opera (Music Hall) and a Dallas Cowboys game. It was the best decision since traffic was quite heavy during the weekend. Hotel is walking distance to several shops and restaurants. If you are sensitive to noises, choose a room away from the street "Cedar Springs". The street is home to a local fire department station.

• Stayed November 2005